Livingston - all the threads merged

I vaguely remember around about the time Rankine was doing his best whistleblower impression, he said something about the Trust shares being worthless, or words to that effect. Whether they already were anyway is a matter of opinion, but him saying it seemed to have the Trust worried.

Edited by mozam76

If the current trust is no longer it would be good to see some sort of fan body come together. Even if they don't have any power, having a pro-active fan group would be better than nothing.

They seem to be active (well sort of) with a new website and twitter account

Case apparently to be heard tomorrow.

Interesting note in the Daily Record article...

In October The Insolvency Service banned Nixon from being a company director until 2018 after his company, Pres Dec Ltd, was liquidated.

He is being pursued by HMRC for unpaid VAT, PAYE, National Insurance contributions, Corporation Tax and Construction Industry Tax amounting to almost £250,000.

No wonder he needs the cash. He doesn't seem to take paying tax very seriously as per the 5 point deduction for us.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

The fans don't deserve this again but I have zero sympathy for the ones who have been running the club over the years. A shambles of a football club who don't deserve to be in the SPFL

Although, as noted repeatedly above, the fans have actually been involved in running the club through their Supporters Trust representative being on the board so this probably correctly means zero sympathy for them as well...

Indeed, it is - sometimes - possible to freeze assets that are in dispute pending the resolution of that dispute. It runs in my head that Pearse Flynn may have done the same thing during Massone's time while they were awaiting the outcome of his case in relation to the sale of the nightclub.

Livingston clearly do not have the amount of cash in dispute ( they probably have no cash assets at all), and I guess Nixon is seeking to have future revenues seized. It's hard to think of any assets held by the club. That is why administration seems an unlikely outcome given that the debts are supposedly owed to four or five people. Rankine might be happy to go to admin, settle for 1p in the pound to scupper Nixon, and then try to recoup his money out of the back door somehow, but wherever it ends up this time, a bad guy will win. Just those nice people in the council to break cover, and things might be a bit clearer.

There's only one loser in this whole mess.

Dumbarton. They've beaten Livi twice already so will be losing those points if Livi go under.

Relatively speaking we'd be the major winner if Livi results were expunged, effectively getting four points back. Raith, Alloa & Cowdenbeath would be 3 points better off each and Falkirk 2 points better off. Biggest losers from it probably Hibs actually as they'd drop out of a playoff spot and further back from us. Dumbarton would be the only other side at the moment "losing" 6 pts though and whilst they wouldn't change position they would drop perilously close to 9th which would presumably still be a playoff spot.

Without Livi table at the moment would be:

Hearts P14 38 pts

Rangers P14 29 pts

QoS P13 23 pts

Falkirk P14 19 pts

Hibs P13 16 pts

Raith Rovers P13 15 pts

Dumbarton P13 10 pts

Alloa P13 9 pts

Cowdenbeath P13 8 pts

Livingston clearly do not have the amount of cash in dispute ( they probably have no cash assets at all), and I guess Nixon is seeking to have future revenues seized. It's hard to think of any assets held by the club. That is why administration seems an unlikely outcome given that the debts are supposedly owed to four or five people. Rankine might be happy to go to admin, settle for 1p in the pound to scupper Nixon, and then try to recoup his money out of the back door somehow, but wherever it ends up this time, a bad guy will win. Just those nice people in the council to break cover, and things might be a bit clearer.

He's back!

The fans don't deserve this again but I have zero sympathy for the ones who have been running the club over the years. A shambles of a football club who don't deserve to be in the SPFL

Much as they have some reasonable fans on here, I've seen no particular evidence that, collectively, the fans deserve any better, tbh. Even post-2009 there's been ample evidence that the club has been running up more and more debt and I've seen precious little by way of action or campaign to do anything about it. Occasionally you still even see some of them talking proudly of the cup they once won with other peoples' money.

Not that I think there's going to be any immediate crisis over this Nixon thing, mind you. But that's by-the-by, they're being run unsustainably over the medium to long term in any case.

The sfa hearing thing didn't happen on monday for some reason. This court thing should be interesting...

That's been pushed back now until December 23rd. Thing that really annoys me about that is that is very likely to be either payday or the day before payday for Livingston.

If the money is seized then no-one is getting paid just before Christmas potentially. Absolutely shocking.

That's been pushed back now until December 23rd. Thing that really annoys me about that is that is very likely to be either payday or the day before payday for Livingston.

If the money is seized then no-one is getting paid just before Christmas potentially. Absolutely shocking.

You'd hope the staff might get paid early on the 22nd to avoid that happening. At least there's a bit of time to plan ahead now, with Nixon still intent on being a c**t.