Livingston - all the threads merged

Forfar Athletic are delighted to have come to an agreement with Livingston whereby last season’s top scorer Josh Peters is to return to the club on a temporary transfer till mid January.

Would rather he stayed and Mackin was pumped out on loan.

ETA - Forfar page does state it is a loan.

There's a strong argument here that we've let go of the only true goal scorer we have in the squad. I'm not saying that Peters is the best striker in the squad, far from it, but given that Mackin has the mobility of an elephant wading through treacle, I'm disappointed he's not really been given a chance.

Of course, as fans, we have no idea what happens in training through the week. He could just be a League 1 player. But Mackin is probably a League 1 player, and I'd say if we're throwing on a big lanky frontman then Todorov would be the better option.

Wasn't overly impressed with Peters until the Kilmarnock game when he really put in a shift; running up and down the wing causing some real problems for the Killie right back.

Strange he's not really been seen since though; he didn't even appear on the Stranraer game when Mullen was out on trial with Cardiff at all and for other games maybe ten or fifteen minutes as a sub; none of which have been in the league.

There's a strong argument here that we've let go of the only true goal scorer we have in the squad. I'm not saying that Peters is the best striker in the squad, far from it, but given that Mackin has the mobility of an elephant wading through treacle, I'm disappointed he's not really been given a chance.

Of course, as fans, we have no idea what happens in training through the week. He could just be a League 1 player. But Mackin is probably a League 1 player, and I'd say if we're throwing on a big lanky frontman then Todorov would be the better option.

Belter.

The transfer hasn't been confirmed by ourselves and Forfar have completely jumped the gun. 

We want to send him on a development loan to play and have him available to play for our under 20s but because Forfar are in the same under 20s league we can't do that. 

4 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

The transfer hasn't been confirmed by ourselves and Forfar have completely jumped the gun. 

We want to send him on a development loan to play and have him available to play for our under 20s but because Forfar are in the same under 20s league we can't do that. 

Not with Forfar anyway. That would suggest you would be better to send him to someone in Development League South. Thats a stupid rule anyway and should be changed. It prevented us sending anyone to Annan on Development Loan until Annan dropped out of the Development League altogether. It also prevents the likes of St Mirren and Falkirk taking anyone from a Premier club on Development loan as they play in the top Development league. Ridiculous rule.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

For anyone not making the trip down to watch the TNS game the club are opening up a suite in the stadium for Livi fans to watch it together. It was a good night last season down watching us play Crusaders, i'll be up for this.

Stovies are incl in your ticket. http://livingstonfc.co.uk/irn-bru-cup-stovies-day-returns/?platform=hootsuite

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

St Mirren fans had a drum, I thought they'd nicked ours when I first heard them, of kidnapped our drummer and forced him to play it for their fans to sing to, the songs sounded very similar but with Saints instead of Livi in them.:lol:

Have to admit that it did help create a good atmosphere, shame it was helping St Mirren and not our players though, they brought a decent sized support as well.

Can only remember one guy being banned a couple of seasons ago when there were pissed up young lads chucking glass bottles about and then a cup of hot Bovril over someone, the guy who got the Bovril thrown over him then dragged the young guy over some seats and gave him a few kicks and punches.

The stewards chucked him out and then it all kicked off on Livi FC facebook that night when his mum and dad went on it and ended up with the dad telling folk they'd get a visit, with a sinister looking wee wink smiley at the end of his veiled threat.:lol:

It was Dumbarton away it happened, I was at the game but wasn't paying attention to what was going on over in the far end of our support.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Didn't the DBM all kind of fall out a few years back? Certainly, they had a few bampots but back in the day they did contribute massively to having some sort of atmosphere at home matches.

I was part of the "DBM" when it was located in the south stand with Deasel and Povey and myself on the drums. Was great fun, but with Deasel refusing to come back after Flynn came in etc, I gave it up.
It used to be fun but nowadays it seems like just a bunch of jumped up wee laddies who canny afford a season ticket at Ibrox.

There was a bugle player too, used to play things like an ambulance noise when a physio was running on the pitch and baa baa black sheep up at Aberdeen, was a good laugh.

That was Peter Glasgow. Dunno if he still attends the games but he was running the supporters bus for a while

I like the DBM they create an atmosphere and are a good laugh. There will be a lot of old people who probably don't like them as they don't fit the "family club" look and don't sit on their hands for ninety minutes but I'd take them over prawn sandwich eating tories any day.

12 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can only remember one guy being banned a couple of seasons ago when there were pissed up young lads chucking glass bottles about and then a cup of hot Bovril over someone, the guy who got the Bovril thrown over him then dragged the young guy over some seats and gave him a few kicks and punches.

The stewards chucked him out and then it all kicked off on Livi FC facebook that night when his mum and dad went on it and ended up with the dad telling folk they'd get a visit, with a sinister looking wee wink smiley at the end of his veiled threat.:lol:

It was Dumbarton away it happened, I was at the game but wasn't paying attention to what was going on over in the far end of our support.

Was this the same game Darren Cole was subjected to racist abuse?

15 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

I was part of the "DBM" when it was located in the south stand with Deasel and Povey and myself on the drums. Was great fun, but with Deasel refusing to come back after Flynn came in etc, I gave it up.
It used to be fun but nowadays it seems like just a bunch of jumped up wee laddies who canny afford a season ticket at Ibrox.

Last time i checked logie,i'm in my forties.

Also Ibrox?? Only anti sevco sentiment in C3 logie,at the pars home game there was a nova scotia flag,a catalan flag and a flemish flag behind us,dont think you'd find any of they flags flying at Ibrox!!!

I've stood with the guys for a number of years now and enjoy the singing and the banter,unfortunately one or two have come along and got all "Green Street".

But by and large the vast majority are die hard livi fans.

We're fewer in numbers now as there has been a bit of a vandetta on us and a few of the lads are now keeping a low profile.