Livingston - all the threads merged

6 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Not sure what happens when we go to Galabank, we never seem to put on a performance. I would imagine it's the only ground we've never won at, outside of the old firm.

Good thing it wasn't at Galabank then :D 

On 20/07/2018 at 23:08, ATLIS said:

Is it Egli like Egg-ly or Egli like Eagle-eye

The former I think. Egg-ly. His parents own a fish and chip shop in South London. Down to earth lad who will work hard to make it. Proud of his Albanian roots as his under-21 caps show. Potential to improve massively from what I’ve heard. Rated by the staff at AFCW, hence the new contract and loan. 

And btw I don’t stand for threats either, yes I did screen grab it. 
C7D5C98A-415F-4673-88E4-4A354C2C925C.thumb.png.53844b90d6b825eb3adad210923637ee.png
I know this is from a while ago but I would like to point out that, while the mods agreed to remove posts with the strip, there was never suggestion that we would take action against posters or pass on their details to anyone.

12 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Jacko :wub:

I think he will do very well for you. I was disappointed he chose to move. Hippo is also a match winner if a little inconsistent. Great win for you boys today!

5 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

The former I think. Egg-ly. His parents own a fish and chip shop in South London. Down to earth lad who will work hard to make it. Proud of his Albanian roots as his under-21 caps show. Potential to improve massively from what I’ve heard. Rated by the staff at AFCW, hence the new contract and loan. 

Thought you'd have been apoplectic Wimbledon were helping out a franchise. :lol:

35 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Jacko :wub:

Reckon he'll do well for the Pars this season. Became really competent towards the end of last season for us and whilst nothing spectacular, played a big part in us going up. I wish him all the best... Myles Hippolyte, not so much.

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

He went to sleep a couple times defensively but the lad puts in some shift and doesn't mind a tackle either. A proper heart on sleeve type signing that you can really get behind. 

Brilliant character and genuinely funny guy too - good to see him doing well

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

He went to sleep a couple times defensively but the lad puts in some shift and doesn't mind a tackle either. A proper heart on sleeve type signing that you can really get behind. 

Put Taiwo into the advertising boards last season playing against Falkirk so that should have him well in with Pars fans. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Anyone at the game at the weekend? Hard to tell from the highlights how we really played? Thoughts?

There's a match thread on the cup section of the forum Mpire, in Group F thread, some posts of the game there.

Played much the same as the Airdrie game, and even the Accies one 2nd half, created a few chances but didn't score with them, we need to take our chances more and we'd win games more comfortably, instead the last 10 mins got nervy because we were only a goal up.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

There's a match thread on the cup section of the forum Mpire, in Group F thread, some posts of the game there.

Played much the same as the Airdrie game, and even the Accies one 2nd half, created a few chances but didn't score with them, we need to take our chances more and we'd win games more comfortably, instead the last 10 mins got nervy because we were only a goal up.

Saw that Hamilton started - what he look like? Good for him to get game time at 18!

7 minutes ago, Mpire said:

l saw that Hamilton started - what he look like? Good for him to get game time at 18!

Thought he did well yep, scored what looked like a good goal but was flagged offside, hit the post and put pressure on defenders all game. I think he'd get on better playing beside Lee Miller though, hoping they both play against Berwick.

L Miller would free him up a bit more, taking the heat from defenders and playing Hamilton in, on Sat Hamilton was the main focus up front and had to battle against defenders. Which he did fine with but Miller is a great target man to take the heat off him and allow him more space to get in on goal.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Having been to all 3 of our Betfred cup games and seen various starting line ups in those competitive games, my early observations on Kenny Miller as a player manager are that he prob needs to either go all in as the player part or take a step back allowing others into the front 2 positions.
Against Airdrie and Hamilton he was playing too deep, and not giving Lee Miller enough support, which led to L Miller winning everything in the air and heading the ball on to nobody in a Livi shirt. I think the reason for this is he's staying back where he can orchestrate our play, but that's at a cost of us isolating L Miller and midfielders having to try and get up to support him.

Against Annan on Sat he started up the pitch supporting Hamilton, and scored a goal, but as the game went on he dropped deeper again, and Hamilton was left having to play up front by himself.

Imo Lee Miller would be a better partnership for Hamilton, he'd be ideal as the target man playing Hamilton in on goal, or knocking the headers onto him, just now L Miller is being wasted and Hamilton would get a far better chance to show us what he can do too.

I can't see K Miller stepping down from playing so really hoping once the league games start he will stick to the one job on the pitch when he's playing and give it his full attention to help the players out more. He can't play to his full potential whilst directing play and hanging back in midfield.

20 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I can't see K Miller stepping down from playing so really hoping once the league games start he will stick to the one job on the pitch when he's playing and give it his full attention to help the players out more. He can't play to his full potential whilst directing play and hanging back in midfield.

Completely agree with everything you've said. He was signed as a manager/marquee striker signing. This can only work if he trusts the backroom and if he trusts the players around him. At the moment it strikes me as trusts neither. Hopefully this will come in time. 

On the pitch he does seem to believe he is a class above and doesn't let the game build with our more than capable midfield. Would prefer Miller and Miller partnership if Kenny will stay up there. But when Hardie is back I think the fans will lose their patients quickly with Lee or Ryan on the bench with Kenny putting in poor performances. 

As the Alloa manager said pre-season about 'player/managers' the hardest decision he will need to make this season will be when to take a step off the park and manage if times are tough.  

Agree with what's been said, definitely think if he's on the pitch he needs to be a striker and let Martindale handle the management on the touchline. Nothing wrong with talking to the players but if he's dropping back and leaving us a player light up front then it's doing more harm than help. Think (hope) he'll learn that soon.