Livingston - all the threads merged

Lamie was excellent last week right enough but when he got the red card I though Lithgow would've been playing against Berwick. He's def better than Saunders, but maybe Miller wanted to give Saunders a game before the league starts to see how he got on. 

Lithgow may be one of the boys chopped from last season. He played okay against Airdrie but you could see Kenny getting annoyed when folk were dropping deep and he was smashing long balls up the park. If he is on the bench he isn't a bad option to bring up if we are trying to see out games. Though Saunders had a good game yesterday. 

Lithgow has been immense the last couple of seasons for us, no one can argue with that, most including me didn’t think he’d be able to make the step up to championship football, he did and was one of our top performers. 

This season though we are playing yet another league up, can he make that step up again ? I felt he looked well off the pace in our pre season game down at a Queens and then wasn’t brilliant against Airdrie, I wasn’t surprised he was dropped to the bench for Hamilton. 

I personally thought Saunders was very good yesterday, some of his cross field passes were outstanding, and he was very strong defensively. 

I reckon we will go with 4 or 5 at the back more often than not this season, Lithgow will defo be a useful player to have in the squad, but I think he’s going to be backup this season. 

Lithgow is a solid defender, better than Gallagher imo, and scores goals, as well as his long throw ins being a useful weapon, reckon we're daft dropping him.

Home draw against Motherwell in the next round of the cup, no idea what to expect from that but we're at home so good a chance as any of going through.

Lithgow was a huge part of our success last season. Our present manager didn't see any of that though.

I was surprised to see him dropped but I have been pleasantly surprised by Lamie. I did expect to see him start yesterday with Lamie being suspended so it is disappointing that he didn't figure there either. He is a solid defender with a throw worth a corner anywhere in the final third.

A good source tells me that Kenny Miller told a signing target that he wanted to sign a particular player and was vetoed against his judgement because the guy wasn't perceived as physical enough.

Whether he was honest or not to the guy is up for debate but doesn't sound promising tbh.

Turmoil at Almondvale by the sounds of things.

Motherwell at home is a pretty good draw for us. Admittedly we've not come up against great teams so far but I think we have a good chance of progressing. That said, the Kilmarnock game will give us the best indicator of where we are.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I'm also a bit sad not to see Lithgow get more of a shout in these first few games. He stepped his game up so much last season. He was absolutely solid and a huge threat from set pieces. He needs to be given a chance to re-establish himself.

52 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

2 wingers who both played in Scotland last season and a defender on loan from down south. 

Was hoping we'd get Michael Johnstone on loan from Celtic, any chance of him being one?

Johnstone and Kaja on the wings would be pretty damn good.

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Was hoping we'd get Michael Johnstone on loan from Celtic, any chance of him being one?

Johnstone and Kaja on the wings would be pretty damn good.

Not from what I’m told, sorry to disappoint.