Livingston - all the threads merged

3 minutes ago, orco said:

Are we really needing any more defenders? A striker maybe.

Looks like there are already going to be a lot of guys not getting games. Restlessness in the dressing room?

We need a RB if we're playing 4 at the back.

On the Lithgow topic, it's ridiculous to say he's better than Gallagher when he's definitely not. Lamie has came in and is miles better, not convinced by Saunders though seems as though Lithgow may be better.

Lithgow won't take Crane, Lamie, Halkett or Gallagher out the team so will be useful for cover. It's a shame to say it but it'll be the same for Cadden who probably isn't good enough. If we want to stay up then we need to be ruthless with who we keep and let go. We can't be sentimental no matter how vital those players were in the past.

Seen Andy Driver is looking for a club. Only 30, plenty of experience, was with St Johnstone with a view to a deal but it didn’t work out. Don’t imagine he’ll end up with us but could easily see Accies taking a punt on him.

11 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We need a RB if we're playing 4 at the back.

On the Lithgow topic, it's ridiculous to say he's better than Gallagher when he's definitely not. Lamie has came in and is miles better, not convinced by Saunders though seems as though Lithgow may be better.

Lithgow won't take Crane, Lamie, Halkett or Gallagher out the team so will be useful for cover. It's a shame to say it but it'll be the same for Cadden who probably isn't good enough. If we want to stay up then we need to be ruthless with who we keep and let go. We can't be sentimental no matter how vital those players were in the past.

Nothing ridiculous about it,  Dec was def not as good as Lithgow last season.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nothing ridiculous about it,  Dec was def not as good as Lithgow last season.

Nowhere near it, Lithgow was brilliant but always has been the weakest of a strong back three. 

11 minutes ago, Mpire said:

All defenders were great last year, Dec, Lithgow and Halkett. Lithgow should be playing in a  back 3 with 2 wing backs in my opinion...

Kelly
Crane Gallagher Halkett Lithgow Lamie
Pittman Sibbald Byrne
Hardie L.Miller

I'd say that would be our strongest starting XI if we were to include those three, with both Millers swapping in and out.

The new signings will definitely change that up though and it looks like we're trying to play the game wide with wingers so having wing backs doesn't really work unless they're overlapping as a LB/RB which can't really be fit into a 5 back without losing our strong presence in the middle of the park with Pittman/Byrne/Sibbs.

For what it's worth I'd say our strongest XI is going to be in a 433.

Kelly
Crane/(New Signing?) Halkett Gallagher Lamie
Byrne Pittman Sibbald
(New Signing LW) De Vita (RW) 
Hardie 

Without those that are injured I'd say we'll see Kenny and Lee both partner each other but have other players fill in the gaps. I can see guys like Lithgow and Cadden being pushed out a bit due to not really being that good for this level

Edited by ATLIS

Our back three were awesome last season , Lithgow was my favourite player last season if the truth be told, but at the level we are now I think his footballing abilities will be tested, he's a great no nonsense defender, Lamie is an upgrade in my opinion.

Lithgow is perfect as cover at this level.

Edited by LiviGaz

It’s hard to compare these two players this early in the season. Lamie has only appeared in a handful of games against so called “lesser” teams and was sent off in one. I’ll hold my judgement until after the first round of league fixtures. 

Lithogow strolled it last season and chipped in with a fair amount of goals, think he could be a miss! 

56 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Kelly
Crane Gallagher Halkett Lithgow Lamie
Pittman Sibbald Byrne
Hardie L.Miller

I'd say that would be our strongest starting XI if we were to include those three, with both Millers swapping in and out.

The new signings will definitely change that up though and it looks like we're trying to play the game wide with wingers so having wing backs doesn't really work unless they're overlapping as a LB/RB which can't really be fit into a 5 back without losing our strong presence in the middle of the park with Pittman/Byrne/Sibbs.

For what it's worth I'd say our strongest XI is going to be in a 433.

Kelly
Crane/(New Signing?) Halkett Gallagher Lamie
Byrne Pittman Sibbald
(New Signing LW) De Vita (RW) 
Hardie 

Without those that are injured I'd say we'll see Kenny and Lee both partner each other but have other players fill in the gaps. I can see guys like Lithgow and Cadden being pushed out a bit due to not really being that good for this level

Agree with your first team above as being strongest (not seen much of Crane though).

Interesting that no one on here would choose to have K Miller in strongest team (don't think I would either tbh). I hope he bring himself on when needed rather than starting games.

In other news - gutted Livi wont be in Fifa 19 - rights for prem in Scotland gone to PES!!

7 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Agree with your first team above as being strongest (not seen much of Crane though).

Interesting that no one on here would choose to have K Miller in strongest team (don't think I would either tbh). I hope he bring himself on when needed rather than starting games.

In other news - gutted Livi wont be in Fifa 19 - rights for prem in Scotland gone to PES!!

Scottish teams will be in FIFA. The rights aren't exclusive. 

33 minutes ago, Mpire said:

As RG has said, the rights are not exclusive. 

Livingston will be in FIFA 19.

8 hours ago, Afro said:

Seen Andy Driver is looking for a club. Only 30, plenty of experience, was with St Johnstone with a view to a deal but it didn’t work out. Don’t imagine he’ll end up with us but could easily see Accies taking a punt on him.

I can't believe he is only 30.

3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

There’s the first one, Steven Lawless, good bit of business by the club, top flight experience and a position we desperately needed to cover. 

Still two to come, 1 tomorrow, 1 on Friday maybe ? 

We’re due another coach as well? 

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Nowhere near it, Lithgow was brilliant but always has been the weakest of a strong back three. 

Last season's player of the year was between Lithgow and Halkett, Dec wasn't even considered imo, with Byrne and Pittman next in line. Dunno how anyone can say Lithgow would be tested to his limit this season, we thought that last season and he was outstanding. Can't possibly write him off as back up till he's had a chance to play, and from what i saw last season he's as much chance as Dec who's prone to a bit of slackness at the back.

I like the look of Lamie but can't say he's better than Lithgow, he's a fair bit to go yet to prove that as he hasn't played enough. Happy enough with Lamie but I think Lithgow adds a bit more in attack and getting goals, esp with his throw ins, and I like his no nonsense defending too, very solid,

4 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

There’s the first one, Steven Lawless, good bit of business by the club, top flight experience and a position we desperately needed to cover. 

still two to come, 1 tomorrow, 1 on Friday maybe ? 

Can't really remember much about thistle's players in the play offs, other than Conor Sammon being mince and missing a penalty, Lawless has plenty of experience in the Premiership though so hopefully he's decent with it. We certainly were needing wingers.