Livingston - all the threads merged

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Morning folks,

With Stirling playing up in Elgin on Saturday, I was going to bring my son (and his friend) along to you let match against Hibs, so they can tick off another stadium on their list and buy a pin badge.

Just wondering how easy it is to get tickets on match day or do you have to buy them before a certain point? As you’ll be aware, it’s not something we need to worry about in League 2 emoji23.png

I picked up 2 for me and my laddie on tuesday.

They dont take cash now,card payment only.

If you can get them over the fone bino then jobs a good un :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Fernandez Love Child said:

To be fair to Miller I think he wanted us to play a certain style that Lithgow wasn't the best at but I'd rather have a solid back line than trying to play pretty and get caught out for cheap goals. Surprised to hear he was being such a c*nt, but doesn't surprise me. 

To be fair the argument might be better if he hadn't persisted in trying to plug the gap with Saunders who was frankly pretty poor although looked more comfortable when we brought on Lamie and started playing four across the back.

4 hours ago, East Calder Lion said:

Was picking up my season ticket yesterday, couldn't help thinking that we would have sold more if Holt rather than Miller had got the job initially.

Not sure if Miller had too much of an impact on ticket sales (although if Hopkin's had stayed on it would presumably have been a lot more "brisk"); more likely the long gap in getting a new manager lines up to replace Hopkins and the assumption that Martindale was actually running things behind the scenes.

18 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Think we're short of one striker tbh, one more striker and we're well prepared for injuries and quality as I can see Jack going out on loan to a Championship club

Sorry but putting Jack Hamilton out on loan again is pretty crazy; particularly if you're talking about bringing another one in. Hamilton will easily get his fair share of appearances this season plus he's playing in the Colts team.

Putting him out on loan would give nothing in experience and he'd probably end up as a squad player for someone like Falkirk

33 minutes ago, Durnford said:

To be fair the argument might be better if he hadn't persisted in trying to plug the gap with Saunders who was frankly pretty poor although looked more comfortable when we brought on Lamie and started playing four across the back.

I wasn't suggesting Saunders was any better just may have been seen as a better passer. Glad it is back to the three at the back we are use to 

2 minutes ago, Fernandez Love Child said:

I wasn't suggesting Saunders was any better just may have been seen as a better passer. Glad it is back to the three at the back we are use to 

No; I know you weren't saying that. I was just hypot... hyperth... hippoter... suggesting.

1 hour ago, Fernandez Love Child said:

Really don't get that either tbh, Lithgow is a fantastic passer at a variety of distances, also has good close control, I've seen him nutmeg players, turning with a back heeler sending them the wrong way, then hitting a 40 yard pass straight to a Livi player's feet. 

All Miller did with bringing the ball up to the halfway line before picking out a long pass, was congest the opposition half making it harder for us to break defences down.  Fecked if I know how that makes good viewing playing nice short passes, all it did was frustrate the feck out of us having to watch us having very little effort in the final third in the way of getting a goal.

50 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Really don't get that either tbh, Lithgow is a fantastic passer at a variety of distances, also has good close control, I've seen him nutmeg players, turning with a back heeler sending them the wrong way, then hitting a 40 yard pass straight to a Livi player's feet. 

All Miller did with bringing the ball up to the halfway line before picking out a long pass, was congest the opposition half making it harder for us to break defences down.  Fecked if I know how that makes good viewing playing nice short passes, all it did was frustrate the feck out of us having to watch us having very little effort in the final third in the way of getting a goal.

Saturday by contrast was exciting attacking football - perhaps helped in part by the fact that St. Mirren were frankly so mediocre (doubt we'll get such an easy ride from them next time we meet).

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

Sorry but putting Jack Hamilton out on loan again is pretty crazy; particularly if you're talking about bringing another one in. Hamilton will easily get his fair share of appearances this season plus he's playing in the Colts team.

Putting him out on loan would give nothing in experience and he'd probably end up as a squad player for someone like Falkirk

Reckon he'd start and do well at a team like Alloa, Airdrie or Falkirk. Lower Championship/Upper League 1 teams

Cant think of any good reason for putting our best performing striker out on loan particularly when we're already down to the bare bones and Da Vita not likely to return until the new year.

Also I imagine it would be a backward step in his development; Jack surely already feels he's ready to stake a claim to first team playing time. Farming him out to some lower league side would likely be a real demotivating factor. I don't think there's much he could gain for playing for someone like Raith as opposed to regular appearances with us even off the bench.

30 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Cant think of any good reason for putting our best performing striker out on loan particularly when we're already down to the bare bones and Da Vita not likely to return until the new year.

Also I imagine it would be a backward step in his development; Jack surely already feels he's ready to stake a claim to first team playing time. Farming him out to some lower league side would likely be a real demotivating factor. I don't think there's much he could gain for playing for someone like Raith as opposed to regular appearances with us even off the bench.

I agree with this provided he gets game time and I see no reason why he can't get this based on his performances so far. Menga, Hardie or whoever else will not be waltzing into the team.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Should just keep him until atleast January and then  reassess the situation.  If by then it is felt he is not getting enough game time then loan him out, if he is then he stays. 

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

Can't say I agree. Hamilton has looked decent, but I wouldn't say he's our best performer. He's quite obviously raw and needs game time, which we might be able to give him but he wont be a starter over Miller or Hardie, and doubtfully Menga. And that's before we bring Rafa or Robinson into the equation.

If there was an upper League 1/Lower championship club who were interested, I'd ship him out until January.

42 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I agree with this provided he gets game time and I see no reason why he can't get this based on his performances so far. Menga, Hardie or whoever else will not be waltzing into the team.

From what I've seen  (which admittedly is selective video shots) Menga is a powerful fast winger but nowhere near a target man. Actually his scoring record is apparently significantly better for the Angolan national side than for any of his clubs.

Miller worries me in that he seems to have picked up a number of niggling injuries over the past six months although a lot of that may be to do with his playing style and the fact that he will be targeted by defenders.

If Hardie can recover the form he had pre injury then I would expect him to be a starter although I suppose it has to be remembered that he's relatively untried at this level (think he made a couple of appearances for the ranger but off the bench?).

With the like of Menga; Kaja and Robinson we've a number of attacking midfielders who can stir things up and hopefully put plenty of balls into the box. Hardie in particular should relish them.

Would like to see a Miller/Hardie/Hamilton combo with Hamilton replacing Miller as sub 2nd half, and Menga supplying them with balls from the wing. Or Menga also sometimes pairing up with Hardie up front. Certainly gives us plenty of options and brings different styles to mix it up. Remember we used to have Winters/Russell/Deuchar/McNulty to choose from and regularly played 2 starting swapping them for the other 2 in the 2nd half subs. Rafa may have been in the team around that time too, or at least played with some of them (can't be bothered checking back),

Once Rafa is back then perhaps we could look at putting Hamilton out on loan for the 2nd half of the season to get games every week, depending how we're fairing with injuries.

Should be a bumper crowd tomorrow, just popped down to get my mate a ticket and they told me the home stand will have well over 2k so almost full, Hibs been given 4K tickets too. 

Lets get the same atmosphere going as the playoff games. 

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 08:00, BB_Bino said:

Morning folks,

With Stirling playing up in Elgin on Saturday, I was going to bring my son (and his friend) along to you let match against Hibs, so they can tick off another stadium on their list and buy a pin badge.

Just wondering how easy it is to get tickets on match day or do you have to buy them before a certain point? As you’ll be aware, it’s not something we need to worry about in League 2 emoji23.png

From the Hibs website, would imagine it is the same for the Livi end too; 

Following discussions between the clubs tickets will be available to purchase on the day at the turnstiles but please note they are cash only and no card payment facility will be available. Turnstiles will open at 2pm.