Livingston - all the threads merged

4 hours ago, Mpire said:

Couldnt make the game at the weekend but from the highlights the lad Menga looks quality - fast and strong - just what we needed. Any thoughts from those at the game?

Prob some on the match thread. Byrne and Pittman were class, Dolly was a lot better in the 2nd half, very quick and strong, just wont get barged off the ball. Was a bit headless chicken early on, but as I said, a lot better after the break. Already a fans favourite going by the applause he got when he was going off after being substituted.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

21 minutes ago, Durnford said:

To be honest if some of the boys continue to perform the way they're going it wont be Bradford we have to worry about. 

Still all are on contract so should attract a fee at least.

I was worried about that last season and we ended up keeping them all plus adding Hardie and Miller in January. Then I couldn't see us keeping Byrne and Halkett after Hoppy left but we did. 

Pittman, Byrne and Halkett all deserve a move to bigger things though, in fact I wouldn't grudge any of our players moving on after their efforts the last couple of seasons, just hope it wont be till next season.

If we're in a good place come December, you would hope there will be some effort to extend the players whose deals are expiring at the end of the season.

That said, we didn't last season and look where we have ended up (with most of the squad intact).

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

If we're in a good place come December, you would hope there will be some effort to extend the players whose deals are expiring at the end of the season.

That said, we didn't last season and look where we have ended up (with most of the squad intact).

Def be more teams sniffing about them though - knowing they can be picked up for peanuts... Will be sad but equally don't begrudge them. All be great servants to the club. Will be hard to replace!

The rumblings suggesting that Hoppy is looking to take Shagger Martindale is the thing that most concerns me at this time. You'd think he wouldn't want to relocate as I believe he has a young family.

Regarding the level of control Shagger has at Livi: taking training,  picking the team,  giving massages,  shovelling coal in the boiler room, churning the canteen butter and manually manufacturing each replica top, you'd assume he would like to retain that level of POWER.

We owe a tremendous amount of our success to simple continuity and for that sake I hope we can retain as much staff as possible for as long as possible and continue to play PRIMAL trebuchet-ball like the raw ANIMALS that we are.

20 hours ago, Eugene Dadi's Resurrection said:

The rumblings suggesting that Hoppy is looking to take Shagger Martindale is the thing that most concerns me at this time. You'd think he wouldn't want to relocate as I believe he has a young family.

Regarding the level of control Shagger has at Livi: taking training,  picking the team,  giving massages,  shovelling coal in the boiler room, churning the canteen butter and manually manufacturing each replica top, you'd assume he would like to retain that level of POWER.

We owe a tremendous amount of our success to simple continuity and for that sake I hope we can retain as much staff as possible for as long as possible and continue to play PRIMAL trebuchet-ball like the raw ANIMALS that we are.

Love that ... 'continue to play PRIMAL trebuchet-ball' LOL.

Good piece by Callum Carson here, talking to Gallagher, Halkett and Lithgow: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingstons-back-three-talk-top-13202381

Of the 55 matches in which Declan Gallagher, Craig Halkett and Alan Lithgow have all been in the Livingston starting line-up, only six have ended in defeat. In the 22 games in which any of the three haven’t featured from the start, the Lions came out empty-handed eight times.

Dunno if anyone listened to Sportsound last night. The assembled "experts" were Chick Young, Billy Dodds and Kenny Miller. 

Following Alan Stubbs getting his jotters, there was a wee debate about there being a four team mini league at the bottom, fighting to stay up. 

Unsurprisingly Dudds and Dung both had us as being in that four. However very surprising to me was hearing Kenny Miller say "no chance". He said we would be absolutely fine, that he's never seen a more together and harmonious squad, and that we had a few right good players.

I'm not convinced he came across as THAT positive when he WAS the fucking gaffer!

4 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Dunno if anyone listened to Sportsound last night. The assembled "experts" were Chick Young, Billy Dodds and Kenny Miller. 

Following Alan Stubbs getting his jotters, there was a wee debate about there being a four team mini league at the bottom, fighting to stay up. 

Unsurprisingly Dudds and Dung both had us as being in that four. However very surprising to me was hearing Kenny Miller say "no chance". He said we would be absolutely fine, that he's never seen a more together and harmonious squad, and that we had a few right good players.

I'm not convinced he came across as THAT positive when he WAS the fucking gaffer!

Dundee, St Mirren, Motherwell and Aberdeen?

Aye and one of them was Lithgow but the clown wasn't playing him. 

Kenny Miller never spoke to Alan Lithgow from the Airdrie game onward, basically banished Jack McMillan completely, wanted to send Ryan Hardie back to Rangers and send Jack Hamilton out on loan without replacing them to confirm his starting place, he spent more time talking about Kenny Miller and Rangers than he did about Livingston and was very rarely interested in how training was going when he was away defending himself against Rangers. 

You just need to look at the last couple of games compared to the previous lot under Miller, the players are far happier again and playing the way we had been playing that has been so successful. 

He was very complimentary of us, fair enough but that’s covering the cracks of what he done, he was very close to doing a Stubbs and ripping the heart out of the side, the board acted 100% right, thank god they did. 

3 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Kenny Miller never spoke to Alan Lithgow from the Airdrie game onward, basically banished Jack McMillan completely, wanted to send Ryan Hardie back to Rangers and send Jack Hamilton out on loan without replacing them to confirm his starting place, he spent more time talking about Kenny Miller and Rangers than he did about Livingston and was very rarely interested in how training was going when he was away defending himself against Rangers. 

You just need to look at the last couple of games compared to the previous lot under Miller, the players are far happier again and playing the way we had been playing that has been so successful. 

He was very complimentary of us, fair enough but that’s covering the cracks of what he done, he was very close to doing a Stubbs and ripping the heart out of the side, the board acted 100% right, thank god they did. 

I don't doubt any of that Andy, re the players. Indeed, I'd heard exactly the same concerns directly from one of the first team. All of which meant that when his time was up and he left, I wasn't surprised. I was disappointed, solely because it meant a return to us being in the media as a laughing stock and can to be kicked, and so it proved for a week or so.