Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

McMillan seems to get sent on to shore up the defence.
Lawson appears to be getting used to still cause an attacking threat.

Yeah it looked like Gallagher was knackered yesterday and McMillan was sent on to help him out down the right flank.

Talking of which, just how good is our defence this season, that's six games in the Premiership now, four of them against teams from last season's top six and we've only conceded four goals. The fact three of those goals were in our league opener against Celtic at Parkhead makes it even more impressive, because since then we've conceded just one goal from five games.

Having Lithgow back in defence certainly helps too, the back three of Gallagher, Lithgow & Halkett, with Kelly in goals are looking tremendous.

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah it looked like Gallagher was knackered yesterday and McMillan was sent on to help him out down the right flank.

Talking of which, just how good is our defence this season, that's six games in the Premiership now, four of them against teams from last season's top six and we've only conceded four goals. The fact three of those goals were in our league opener against Celtic at Parkhead makes it even more impressive, because since then we've conceded just one goal from five games.

Having Lithgow back in defence certainly helps too, the back three of Gallagher, Lithgow & Halkett, with Kelly in goals are looking tremendous.

I think Kelly has answered a few questions at the start of the season - a few people, including myself, thought he wasn't up to the task. Good to see he has proved me wrong so far!

My pal who's not a Livi fan was at the game with me yesterday and it was the first time he'd seen the Lithgow-Halkett-Gallagher trio. He was raving about them after the match. Kelly was fantastic again yesterday as he has been all season so far.

1 minute ago, Mpire said:

I think Kelly has answered a few questions at the start of the season - a few people, including myself, thought he wasn't up to the task. Good to see he has proved me wrong so far!

Absolutely, I was thinking the same pre season, he was a bit suspect at times in League One letting in some soft goals but he's been solid as a rock this season, his kicking is very good too.

Three big games coming up, Rangers, Motherwell and Dundee. Motherwell likely to be in and around us at the end of the season I think and Dundee surely can't have McCan in place still in 3 weeks time so they will no doubt be looking better. I'd take 2 points from these games and anything extra a bonus. Need to keep feat on the ground.

Might get something against Sevco with us playing at home but not counting on it, looking at that game the same way as Hearts, a bonus if we get anything, although Motherwell away is tough I still think we should be looking to take something there, and the Dundee home game is one we should be looking at taking all 3 points, new manager or not we have to be looking to take a win over one of the teams we targeted  for getting above for league survival when playing at home. So 4 points from those games would be my guess. 

Absolute certainty there is gonna be current buns in the livi end on sunday.

Just got 2 tickets for C3 and asked what checks are in place to prevent away fans in the West Stand.....the lassie said there is none!!

Aye you fill out a piece of paper which i hav already done for hibs and hamilton with your name and address on it but thats not gonna stop anyone from snapping up tickets for the wrong end.

A smell trouble ahead.

What can they really do in that situation though? Cross reference against Rangers season ticket holders (ones probably less likely to be bams)? I went to the first Livingston Rangers game in the Championship and can remember no trouble in the home end.

Also, I think 2 points from our next three games would be a disappointing haul. 

I was at that game to E/L.

The one were Lewis Mcloed scored the winner in a 1-0 win for rangers.

A couple of rangers lads in C2  jumped up when he scored and where immediately surrounded before stewards ushered them across to the north/east stand.

They could have done what they did back then and sold tickets to rangers fans for the away end but as happened they still bought tickets for the West Stand,its a tough one?

I know Motherwell adopted a policy a few seasons ago and issued a warning that if you were an away supporter in the home end regardless if you had a valid ticket or not,you would be ejected.

15 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I was at that game to E/L.

The one were Lewis Mcloed scored the winner in a 1-0 win for rangers.

A couple of rangers lads in C2  jumped up when he scored and where immediately surrounded before stewards ushered them across to the north/east stand.

They could have done what they did back then and sold tickets to rangers fans for the away end but as happened they still bought tickets for the West Stand,its a tough one?

I know Motherwell adopted a policy a few seasons ago and issued a warning that if you were an away supporter in the home end regardless if you had a valid ticket or not,you would be ejected.

We'll never know anyway since we're not conceding to them :D 

I thought this was fairly common practice across the board. I’d be in favour of us adopting the same stance - any braindead OF fan who wants to chip in £24 to us and then get punted out is most welcome to.