Livingston - all the threads merged

Halkett and Holt double, without question.

Pittman signing a new deal last week gives me hope that the board will speculate to accumulate in extending our top players beyond the end of the season. It would not surprise me to see Byrne or Gallagher follow in the coming weeks. If we can extend Halkett, we could be in for a big pay day.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

15 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Halkett and Holt double, without question.

Pittman signing a new deal last week gives me hope that the board will speculate to accumulate in extending our top players beyond the end of the season. It would not surprise me to see Byrne or Gallagher follow in the coming weeks. If we can extend Halkett, we could be in for a big pay day.

Has Byrne and Gallacher not signed 2 years? 

Has Byrne and Gallacher not signed 2 years? 

Byrne signed a two year deal in the summer. AFAIK, Gallagher’s deal runs out next summer.

Priorities for me at this point are Halkett, Gallagher, Robinson, Jacobs and Lamie, all of whom I believe are out of contract come the summer.

There is no way in hell we are going to keep a hold of Halkett, as much as it pains me to say. He will have ambitions of a Scotland call and as wrong as it is won’t be able to fulfill them with us...

Our best bet would be to try and do a deal in January to get some money for him but get to keep him until the summer. 

50 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

There is no way in hell we are going to keep a hold of Halkett, as much as it pains me to say. He will have ambitions of a Scotland call and as wrong as it is won’t be able to fulfill them with us...

Our best bet would be to try and do a deal in January to get some money for him but get to keep him until the summer. 

Don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that he would extend for a further year on the condition that we accept offers in the summer. Pretty common practice and something we can probably afford to do now.

10 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that he would extend for a further year on the condition that we accept offers in the summer. Pretty common practice and something we can probably afford to do now.

It's the smart thing to do for player and club.

Yep def should try and extend Halkett's contract and ensure we get a bit of decent dosh for him in the summer. If we keep everyone to the end of the season i'd be delighted, because I think we'd have one hell of a season and could be right up there with the 2001/02 team.

Next season I think we'd be not too bad with Lithgow, Gallagher and Lamie as a back 3 if we lose Halkett in the summer.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Menga and Lithgow made it into the BBC team of the week. Surprised Halkett wasn't included right enough

I think Halkett was the best out of the 3 yesterday )although they were all brilliant) but Lithgow was the one getting in on all the action up front, narrowly missing a few times, if that one where he contorted himself to get his studs on the ball in a position resembling a scorpion bringing its tail over its head, it would've been absolute scenes and goal of the season contender, really is a shame it just went narrowly past the post.

Menga and Lithgow made it into the BBC team of the week. Surprised Halkett wasn't included right enough
i have been really impressed with what ive seen of halkett to be fair. surely your board will be trying to tie him down longterm regardless of possible relegation concerns?

2 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

i have been really impressed with what ive seen of halkett to be fair. surely your board will be trying to tie him down longterm regardless of possible relegation concerns?

Why should our board be concerned about Dundee and St Mirren being relegated?:whistle

Couldn't believe we managed to keep him for this season tbh, has to be a matter of time for someone coming in for him, but yeah, would think we'd be trying to extend his contract so we def get something when he finally moves on.

Why should our board be concerned about Dundee and St Mirren being relegated?:whistle

Couldn't believe we managed to keep him for this season tbh, has to be a matter of time for someone coming in for him, but yeah, would think we'd be trying to extend his contract so we def get something when he finally moves on.
remember that post when the inevitable slump comes mate!

18 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

remember that post when the inevitable slump comes mate!

Think he was joking to be honest.

Still a  lot of games to be played; the serious question though is will you still have the same manager when you come to visit us or will the win against Hamilton buy him a reprieve for a few more games?

Think he was joking to be honest.
Still a  lot of games to be played; the serious question though is will you still have the same manager when you come to visit us or will the win against Hamilton buy him a reprieve for a few more games?
yeah i did get he was joking. as for McCann i think a defeat on saturday will see him out the door. i think home results are more telling than away ones. we are at the stage that there is few walk up home supporters coming and if it gets any worse season ticket holders will be questioning what they are doing with their saturdays.

i also think a draw will see him gone as well. shame as he was my boyhood hero and i really wanted him to succeed

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Egli Kaja strangely getting a call up to Albania, I say strangely because he's stopped getting games for us and has been consigned to playing in our reserves. Best of luck to him, maybe if he  does really well for them he'll play his way into our first team.:thumsup2;)

Actually I thought he was a better player than Burns based on what I've seen so far - he really seemed best as coming on as a second half replacement for Lawless and really getting in the faces of the opposition - he caused St Mirren real problems. Burns has been okay but not a huge stand-out in my opinion.

Not seen a lot of Burns but he put in some great crosses against Sevco and think it was him standing just waiting for a tap in if Pitts had looked over to his left instead of taking a shot straight at McGregor. Looks like he has a bit more technical ability than Egli. I do like Egli's bustling style and speed down the wing though.