Livingston - all the threads merged

Gonna stick my neck out and say that the win over Motherwell will define our season. Needed to ensure we didn't keep slipping down into the relegation battle. With Hamilton's win as well there is even bigger gap between bottom two and the rest.

Just about keeps our hopes of a top 6 spot alive - especially with hibs losing (atm)!

Well done lads great result. Gonna be even better once our first team is back!

3 hours ago, Mpire said:

Gonna stick my neck out and say that the win over Motherwell will define our season. Needed to ensure we didn't keep slipping down into the relegation battle. With Hamilton's win as well there is even bigger gap between bottom two and the rest.

Just about keeps our hopes of a top 6 spot alive - especially with hibs losing (atm)!

Well done lads great result. Gonna be even better once our first team is back!

I think that’s a fair point.

The 8/4 split in the league might’ve become a bit less defined. We won’t win them all but I don’t think we’ve anything to be scared of and I think we should  get better up top.

The January transfer window will  also be season defining...

Well done lads.

Even if your form sky dives, you've had a great season. I honestly thought you'd be where we are about now. 

The task for Holt now is not January, it's next season. Obviously ensure you're in the division next season (which is extremely likely even if not mathematically concluded). There's absolutely no need to look at additions in January. Get your best players signed up and put in place a plan for people to swoop for in the summer.

It's something Dundee haven't really done in the 4 year we've been up. If you can nail that part, then regardless of your budget you can set yourself up for an extended period of success in the top flight - just look at St Johnstone. Massively critical point for your team going forward.

19 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
21 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:
Do you think anyone will leave?

Always a risk with the way the players are performing. Byrne and Halkett being looked at apparently

Halkett will be away but Byrne has a year and a half on his deal so would take big cash for him but I think he's settled here and will stay

In the spirit of scaremongering, there was a question posed about Worral getting recalled from Rangers, in January, after Dawson limped off. If that were to happen then I think that would be Halkett Ibrox-bound.

Just got to enjoy watching these players while they are here :) I trust the recruitment and succession planning at the club nowadays.

btw has anyone see Van Schaik in action yet? Dunno if he’s featured at reserve level.

Edited by crispy

10 minutes ago, crispy said:

btw has anyone see Van Schaik in action yet? Dunno if he’s featured at reserve level.

He's been playing for the reserves, scored against Airdrie a couple weeks ago. Also came on for the last few minutes in our 0-0 draw with Celtic.

In the spirit of scaremongering, there was a question posed about Worral getting recalled from Rangers, in January, after Dawson limped off. If that were to happen then I think that would be Halkett Ibrox-bound.
Just got to enjoy watching these players while they are here [emoji4] I trust the recruitment and succession planning at the club nowadays.
Big Henk looks the part anytime I've seen him....certainly didn't look phased coming on against Celtic

Whatever happens we've been recruiting well, look where we are without having Miller and Hardie playing, losing Mullin was also a blow, his deliveries from the wing were superb but we've signed players like Lawless, Menga, Kaja and Lawson, i'm sure we'll manage to get players good enough to keep us up next season.

Henk looks the business at reserve level, clearly a cut above in there. Stands out next to Saunders and McMillan though :D 

Rangers will be in for Halkett regardless, as are 30+ other clubs. If he's off we've got Lamie, Henk and the option of going after other players to replace him, all will be fine.

22 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Cheers for Kenny Miller, boys. 

Has his change in form come from McIntyre taking over or is it just coincidence I've noticed it from that? 

Tbh I still think he'd be poor with us, was sitting too deep trying to talk to everyone instead of banging in the goals - like he's doing now.

19 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Has his change in form come from McIntyre taking over or is it just coincidence I've noticed it from that? 

Tbh I still think he'd be poor with us, was sitting too deep trying to talk to everyone instead of banging in the goals - like he's doing now.

McIntyre has clearly told him to stop wandering about and dropping deep. He's staying up top like everyone could see he needed to and it's come from that.