Livingston - all the threads merged

43 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

^^^ ITK

When I was checking the names last week I found a Youtube highlights reel of this guy, looked like a more composed Dolly Menga.

Dolly Menga's video did have him firing in constant 40 yard screamers so won't bother expecting anything until I've seen him play a few games :lol:

3 goals in 38 games the last 2 seasons with 2 different clubs, but yeah, a lot better than Dolly's no goals in about 5 years.:unsure::lol:

Dolly got 2 goals last season, maybe this fella will get 4.:bounce2

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Still feel like we need another CB, as well as an LB. How did Pepe look last night?

To be honest Cece struggled; wasn't a natural with Alloa's artificial surface (whether he had the wrong footwear or what I'm not sure). Struggled to turn quickly and wasn't the fastest acceleration wise.

That being said he won pretty much everything in the air; he is actually pretty enormous and he'll never be bullied; the Alloa strikers just bounced off him.

Other than footwear I did feel that he looks about a stone overweight which worries me if we're planning on putting him up against the likes of Morelos. He does remind me a bit of the early days or Marvin Andrew; good in the air but a bit of a bomb scare on the ground. Bearing in mind though I'm basing this all on less than one hour on a damp Tuesday evening in Alloa.

Edited by Durnford

56 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

3 goals in 38 games the last 2 seasons with 2 different clubs, but yeah, a lot better than Dolly's no goals in about 5 years.:unsure::lol:

Dolly got 2 goals last season, maybe this fella will get 4.:bounce2

To be honest he looked very similar to Scott Robinson in ability and playing style.

Not sure I'd really call him a striker. Seemed to fit in well with the team though; if he's been training with them in Hungary then that probably explains it.

And whilst we're at it:

From Callum Carson

Belgian midfielder Martin Remacle, whose previous clubs include Torino, Standard Liege and Cypriot sides Enosis Paralimni and Ayia Napa, is currently training with Livingston.

Saw the tweet about Martin Remacle, another CM, just what we need. 

In saying that, he does seem to have a bit of pedigree. Would expect we would see Blues at least go out on loan somewhere. Would be handy if the official site was updated with the ins and outs. 

Edited by KingKachloul

5 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

The successful prediction couldn't have been made if it was a load of utter shite.

Then i suppose you'll have to wait until someone actually calls him a bombscare so you can feel proud of yourself.

Incidentally what has the colour of his skin actually got to do with anything?

Saw the tweet about Martin Remacle, another CM, just what we need. 
In saying that, he does seem to have a bit of pedigree. Would expect we would see Blues at least go out on loan somewhere. Would be handy if the official site was updated with the ins and outs. 

If he turns out to be dreadful, you can take comfort that this will always be known as the Remacle Debacle.

12 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Then i suppose you'll have to wait until someone actually calls him a bombscare so you can feel proud of yourself.

Incidentally what has the colour of his skin actually got to do with anything?

It's a characteristic of his which when added to others he possesses such as his athleticism, playing position and style of play, can see him stereotyped as having certain deficiencies. Then he may not actually possess those deficiencies upon closer inspection which is why the stereotype can be a problem if it's too readily fallen back upon. I've deleted my original two posts now because they've proven destructive rather than constructive. My bad.

11 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

It's a characteristic of his which when added to others he possesses such as his athleticism, playing position and style of play, can see him stereotyped as having certain deficiencies. Then he may not actually possess those deficiencies upon closer inspection which is why the stereotype can be a problem if it's too readily fallen back upon. I've deleted my original two posts now because they've proven destructive rather than constructive. My bad.

We've had plenty of player from different ethnic and cultural background; actually the boy playing last night as a left (wing) back was really impressive. I had hoped Cece would be an immediate replacement for Gallagher but it looks like that could take a bit of acclimatisation and personal discipline. The club also need to look at his choice of footwear as it was obviously not suitable for an artificial surface.

Another thing noticeable last night was that he went forward for every one of Lithgow's long throws. Being so large the defence were unable to push him around or hassle him like they do for some of the others - could be very interesting going forward.

In a way Pepe is our key summer signing. Key in that if he flops, there's not an obvious other candidate for partnering Lithgow in central defence. Perhaps Lamie. I learned a lesson last season with Lawson because I was one of those left very unimpressed by his early appearances but then proven wrong once he came into form. So if any of our new signings start poorly this season hopefully they can go on to "do a Lawson".

39 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

In a way Pepe is our key summer signing. Key in that if he flops, there's not an obvious other candidate for partnering Lithgow in central defence. Perhaps Lamie. I learned a lesson last season with Lawson because I was one of those left very unimpressed by his early appearances but then proven wrong once he came into form. So if any of our new signings start poorly this season hopefully they can go on to "do a Lawson".

Both McMillan and Lamie had a brief shot at central defence last night and both managed well although, in truth, Alloa didn't manage a shot on target the entire night.

McMillan in particular seems to have filled out a bit since his stint with Partick and seemed a lot more self assured.

Strangely although Van Schaik travelled he wasn't in the squad.

19 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Reports that Menga is due to leave this week in the Evening Standard.
He wasnt involved on Tuesday. Apparently already said goodbye to the team earlier this week.

Absolutely raging at that if true. I know a lot don't rate hime but he is such a handful and must be such a nightmare to play against. 

Really don’t think we can afford to lose menga, a very important player. He wasn’t even played in his proper position last season would’ve loved to see him get a full season on the wing. And even then he could atleast play up front if needed, I think if he leaves that means we only have 2 strikers? Is that right? One of them being lee miller who spent the majority of last season injured.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Reports that Menga is due to leave this week in the Evening Standard.
He wasnt involved on Tuesday. Apparently already said goodbye to the team earlier this week.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Frustrating at times but great entertainment at others, and scored an incredible silky goal against Hearts. Just bullied opposition players with his aggression and strength on the ball, going to really miss him if he's gone.