Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Maybe it was the only strategy available. 

The rest of your post is veering towards racial stereotyping in my opinion. 

I've worked with government department for decades and unfortunately know how they work.

With the Tories in their current whipped up state over migration it takes the smallest red flag to put the kybosh on everything. I'm afraid saying its the only strategy doesn't mean its going to work. If you get rejected for anything with local or central government then try to check why it was rejected and then take corrective action.

If the reason was suspicion about age then there are numerous things that can be done to prove someone's identity and age irrespective of your location. Top of the list nowadays is the option for an MRI scan. The trouble is if government officials believe you have entered the country disingenuously then you're unlikely to be viewed favourably.

Up until recently I used to have to arrange working visas for dozens of staff on a yearly basis and it was a legal minefield. I've had people rejected when almost identical applicants have sailed through. I've also experienced that the other way around with people barred from visiting other countries just simply because of where their grand-parents were born.

Davie actually brought up the case of the Nigerian boy (Lawell?) who got approved without issue so was flummoxed as to why Teto got rejected.

As for racial stereotyping; I'm not sure where you got that from. Maybe I'm being ageist but when he walked past me at the Alloa Athletic game he did look very young indeed. Stefan Scougall had the same problem.

I certainly never suggest that Teto was guilty of age fraud; in fact just the opposite. Actually age fraud in football generally works the other way around with players pretending they're younger than they are; it was often rumoured that Sir Alf Ramsey, England Manager, actually falsified his age as, coming to the end of World War 2, he was concerned he'd be too old to earn a professional contract.

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Age cheats give their age as younger not older than they actually are. Daft suggestion so lets just move on from it, no harm done.

I never suggested Teto was an age cheat - however, if you think that was my suggestion then I apologise. 

19 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I never suggested Teto was an age cheat - however, if you think that was my suggestion then I apologise. 

Not at all, probably just the wording that confused me. As I put above, no harm done.

I wonder what our options are and what the best strategy for loaning out Teto would be.

We could loan him straight back to TS Galaxy, although depending on what the Home Office didn't like the first time around is it likely to be any different if he spends another 6 months there? Aus/NZ maybe? If we've rejected the work permit, are an other European countries likely to say yes?

I've played enough Football Manager to know how this is going.

Disappointing loan in SA, on loan somewhere else and be an absolute star, cut our losses with still no WP and 'sell' him for next to nothing, then someone like Ross County manage to sign him a few months later and he ends up with 50 goals in 30 games

36 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I've played enough Football Manager to know how this is going.

Disappointing loan in SA, on loan somewhere else and be an absolute star, cut our losses with still no WP and 'sell' him for next to nothing, then someone like Ross County manage to sign him a few months later and he ends up with 50 goals in 30 games

Also known as "doing a Jason Scotland".

Refused a work permit with United, then signed for us 2 weeks later. Scored for us against them 12 months later to knock them out the cup while having a 1 in 2 goal ratio for us over 2 seasons.

Purely based on Footbal Manager logic here, but I am sure one of the ways to help with WP issues is that if you are willing to pay him a considerable wage higher then the average (essentially showing his value relative to the squad) you are more likely to succeed however we are likely giving him a fairly modest wage to start with and this won't have helped our case either. 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

"“There are two or three players who, if they want to play football this year, probably need to look elsewhere. They’ve known about this since May."

I know about two but who's the third? Maybe a defender?

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

"“There are two or three players who, if they want to play football this year, probably need to look elsewhere. They’ve known about this since May."

I know about two but who's the third? Maybe a defender?

Goncalves, Bitsindou....Bahamboula?

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

You might be right. Bit of a shame though; I thought, when he played well, he was very good but he just doesn't seem to even be getting on the bench at the moment.

Was hyped up a lot by Martindale at the beginning of the season after some promising performances. One that stands out for me was the first half against Aberdeen when we beat them 2-1 last season. However, at that point he only seemed like he had half a game in him before he was done. Perhaps hasn't made enough progress in training to warrant more first team appearances. Has he featured at all in pre-season?

Last time he was in the squad was against QP in a friendly, don't know if he played or not, hasn't been seen since. Bradley hasn't featured either though, think he's injured, maybe Bahamboula is too. 

Think Guthrie was one we wanted to leave, but he seems to be back in the team, and has been pretty good the last 2 games. Only other i can think of is Nouble, Martindale is desperate to sell him, keeps on mentioning it in interviews.