Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Very interesting article:

- Court of Session hearing with Carolyn Sumner next week. I believe she is Neil Rankine's partner. Rankine was listed on the hearing previously.

- Two bids to takeover the majority shareholding - 1 from the owners of Barnsley (who were also looking at Partick Thistle) in 2020 and one more recently from an unnamed American group. I am not surprised that people are looking to take us over (would be certain we will sell for less than other teams looking for new owners and we are in a relatively good position) so I imagine there will be movement on this if court hearing goes in our favour.

- I'm more than a bit sceptical that making top 6 would be the difference between profit and a £800k loss. Would need to see the working on that. 

- The talk of going for budgeting on fighting for top 6 vs. being a championship team is puzzling when Martindale goes on every season about his budget being the value of 12th place in the previous season. That also doesn't reconcile before you even get into a loss as substantial as £800k.

- Consultant hired by Opcco6 to sell their shareholding.

Bearing in mind the rag this story is coming from, i wouldn't be trusting anything it prints as factual, certainly not getting the facts completely right, or worded properly without some  agenda, trying to spice it up a bit. Also dunno what point they're trying to make mentioning we've one point after 2 games, considering it was against the teams finishing 2nd and third last season. 

Seems strange that this kind of reporting rears its ugly head once again at the start of the season.Its happened before and will no doubt happen again.I would wager that the majority of our support albeit small in numbers haven't a scooby of what goes on behind doors.With respect,all they want to do is turn up week in week out to support their team.Might seem nieve to some,but that's the feeling I get when I'm at the stadium or away.Of course it doesn't help us attempt to build our support back up again with the past getting dragged up again and again,but would suggest we're more than used to it by now.We move on.🤷‍♂️🦁.

9 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Bearing in mind the rag this story is coming from, i wouldn't be trusting anything it prints as factual, certainly not getting the facts completely right, or worded properly without some  agenda, trying to spice it up a bit. Also dunno what point they're trying to make mentioning we've one point after 2 games, considering it was against the teams finishing 2nd and third last season. 

It's an interview with John Ward, I'm not clear why it being published by the Scottish Sun would have any relevancy.

All of the interesting stuff has come from Direct quotes/statements, has clearly been fed to them by Ward or was sourced by another newspaper (Scottish Daily Mail).

Edited by EdinburghLivi

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

It's an interview with John Ward, I'm not clear why it being published by the Scottish Sun would have any relevancy.

Almost all of the interesting stuff has come from Direct quotes/statements, clearly been fed to them by Ward or sourced by another newspaper (Scottish Daily Mail).

The story has been published by several newspapers; some were a lot more subjective and less sensationalist though.

If you trim out all of the noise the real issue was failing to qualify for top six last season despite being, what some might call, in prime position.

I know several used the argument that "top six" was not budgeted for but clearly it was require when compared with the expenditure. The Covid repayment was an expenditure that was known about; perhaps more worrying is the suggestion that we are on course for a similar loss this season.

Top six would not only have increased the gate revenue  £300k just for two bigger crowd home games; the increased prize money would probably push that to over half a million. Add to that the increased advertising revenue and the possible increase earning from playing in Europe and we've easily exceeded the £800k figure. 

The attractiveness of a club likely to be relegation fodder is going to demand a far smaller advertising and marketing figure.

Selling player is another issue, a necessity for a club of our size, but currently we are unlikely to get more than about £250k for Nouble whilst others garner very little interest. Trying to "big-up" players clearly isn't a strategy likely to work in the current climate.

One of the big questions raised in one of the articles is do you accept that our destiny will be fighting for tenth place or do you spend money in the chance of another top six with the undoubted risk that missing out would create a bigger problem. Hobson's choice if you like.

One thing that really bugs me is the way Rankin's name keeps appearing; granted he's no where near o Massone or Flynn but I would still prefer never to her fro him again.

37 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

All of the interesting stuff has come from Direct quotes/statements, has clearly been fed to them by Ward or was sourced by another newspaper (Scottish Daily Mail).

No danger Ward gave the Sun an interview, if he has actually done one they'll have b*****dized it from another source, putting their own spin on it. They did it earlier in the season with a Martindale interview that had a title that was nothing to do with what he was saying, putting a doom and gloom spin on it.

6 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Seems strange that this kind of reporting rears its ugly head once again at the start of the season.Its happened before and will no doubt happen again.I would wager that the majority of our support albeit small in numbers haven't a scooby of what goes on behind doors.With respect,all they want to do is turn up week in week out to support their team.Might seem nieve to some,but that's the feeling I get when I'm at the stadium or away.Of course it doesn't help us attempt to build our support back up again with the past getting dragged up again and again,but would suggest we're more than used to it by now.We move on.🤷‍♂️🦁.

A lot of what's in it is well known, just that the Sun is putting it in such a way, throwing in a jumbled up mess of a story for sensationalism.

10 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

How anyone can read that piece and glean from it that the main problem we have is not finishing top six last season, is beyond me. 

I for one, am awaiting the Chinese billionaires to come back in

Who do we want in the draw for the quarters then?

A home game avoiding the erse cheeks would be good for our chances of reaching the semi's, prob County or the winner of Hibs v Raith, or Partick if they beat Hearts.. 

Financially an away game against one of the erse cheeks would be good, but we'd be papped out, and i'd rather get to the semi's and maybe get a money spinner against them at Hampden.

At this stage we usually get Hearts away right enough, and it would go to a pen shoot out again.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

At this stage we usually get Hearts away right enough, and it would go to a pen shoot out again.

Yep, Hearts away feels like the obvious one. I'd be impressed if we got as far as a shootout though.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Yep, Hearts away feels like the obvious one. I'd be impressed if we got as far as a shootout though.

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Killie the erse cheek killers, hopefully they put out Sevco too and do a HIbs, then we beat them in the final.

Rangers away for us, which was somehow more obvious than away to Hearts :lol: