Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

As a matter of interest did Bahamboula play - he seems to have totally disappeared off the radar and, as far as I know, he's not injured.

Bitsindou came on at half time but Bahamboula wasn't in the squad at all.

Do you think both are likely to run down their contracts with you?

They're probably filed in the not every transfer works out file, along with Goncalves and Kabia.

To be fair to Martindale he seems to get more right in recruitment than wrong.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Bitsindou came on at half time but Bahamboula wasn't in the squad at all.

Do you think both are likely to run down their contracts with you?

They're probably filed in the not every transfer works out file, along with Goncalves and Kabia.

To be fair to Martindale he seems to get more right in recruitment than wrong.

Bitsindou isn't good enough even at Championship level, we tried to punt him this season but can't get rid. Think he was signed for his size/physique, trying to give us a more physical presence, but he wasn't good enough to play. Bahamboula has been unfortunate to play similar to Nouble, and can't get a game, needs game time to get confidence and match fit, but doesn't seem to feature in Martindale's plans now.

5 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I agree with everything you've said except that. Nouble absolutely has lost confidence but I don't think it's all down to our defence. It's more linked to his move never materialising and our 3-4-2-1 system being deliberately set up to account for his expected absence.  

Everyone can see that Nouble has not been good enough recently but Martindale refuses to drop him.

Also our attack has suffered more from how they've been asked to play. It's been obvious that we would struggle for clean sheets but that's what we play for so there needs to be more emphasis on our attack with a defined build up style that isn't just punt it in hope. Using Nouble as an example he's often too deep for my liking and gets crowded out or runs into traffic. If he's further forward then there's a hope that 1v1 out wide he beats his man and is into the box. 

Certainly in our last couple of games, yep. Martindale mentions this in his post match interview, with Obileye being out he's moved to a back 4 and tried to be more solid at the back, which has come at the expense of our attack. Think it's temporary just now because we became far too easy to score against, esp from set plays. I know Dundee just scored from a free kick, but it was a worldy and not a ball put into our box for a header. So i think it def has made us more solid at the back defending set plays.

Once our first choice CB's are back fit i think we'll set up more attacking with Anderson featuring more. Our GD has taken quite a hit with the Killie and Dundee games prior to us going for a more defensive set up, and that can make a huge difference to us staying up, with it being so tight GD comes into play for league positions. 

I think if we can get through the next 2 games not conceding many goals and maybe even nicking a point, we'll have done not too bad, Sevco aren't great, but once they get that first goal it lifts them to get more, so longer we can keep it tight the better. And St Mirren away is tough at the best of times, but this season they're flying. Come December we'll hopefully have everyone back fit and be able to set up better to win games, esp with us having 4 home games, 3 of which against bottom 6 teams around us.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

14 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Our first choice defence was supposed to be Obileye with Devlin and Nottingham either side of him. Nottingham then got injured immediately which would've been fine, you can cope with one injury. De Lucas could've just come in, which he did. Yet we then got a second of those first choice three out injured, Devlin originally then as soon as he came back, Obileye. So we've had two of our first choice three out injured. This is when it started going to shit. Parkes isn't good enough, centre back isn't Sean Kelly's position, Welch-Hayes was also injured until recently, Montano looked the part but got immediately suspended.

That absolute clusterfuck of centre back availability completely pulled the rug from under us. It's prompted Martindale to now move from 3 centre backs to 2 in switching to a back 4. We'd have got at least a draw against Dundee last Saturday had we been able to field an actual centre back rather than Sean Kelly in that position (his reaction speed was very poor for that loose ball Rudden got to first, he then needlessly fouled Rudden and McCowan scored the free kick). The team played well and a confident Nouble would've put us in the lead first half. He's suffered, as has all the attack, from the shitshow going on in our defence.

It's funny because Devlin was seen as our most important defender, but like last season when Obileye got injured, it all turned to shit when he wasn't playing. We were doing quite good up till the Motherwell game, then Obileye is injured and we concede 5 set piece goals in 2 games, and lose our next 4 games. Obileye being back for the December fixtures will be massive for us.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Martindale mentions this in his post match interview, with Obileye being out he's moved to a back 4 and tried to be more solid at the back, which has come at the expense of our attack. Think it's temporary

Sadly I don't think our attack has offered much at all this season bar the Hibs away game. 

4 at the back is a must as the 3 at the back just doesn't cut it going forward when in theory it should be better than a 4. 

Lowest scorers in the league last season and 2nd lowest scorers so far this season. Our defence could be immense but without a plan to get the ball in the net we will remain in trouble.

As mentioned December is a massive month for us and will give a better idea of where we are at. 

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Bitsindou isn't good enough even at Championship level, we tried to punt him this season but can't get rid. Think he was signed for his size/physique, trying to give us a more physical presence, but he wasn't good enough to play. Bahamboula has been unfortunate to play similar to Nouble, and can't get a game, needs game time to get confidence and match fit, but doesn't seem to feature in Martindale's plans now.

I was never quite sure about Bitsindou; though he showed some promise but was slow to adapt to the Scottish game - however then fact that he was virtually anonymous in a fairly poor Arbroath side possibly means I was overly generous 

22 minutes ago, Livi said:

Anyone worried that the new owner isn't the new owner yet. Wonder what the big deal was to announce it in September? 

Thats almost 2 months now. The admin delay excuses don't wash now.

Actually feeling okay about it. Was concerned about the guys history at first but more relaxed about the low key way hes come in rahter than a Massone/Flynn type persona. If you check the history of Morton's Pies I cant see his name anywhere with the new company but they're still supplying the catering industry.

if he wants to maintain a low profile I'm okay with that; so long as I have a club to support next year and beyond.

7 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Sadly I don't think our attack has offered much at all this season bar the Hibs away game. 

4 at the back is a must as the 3 at the back just doesn't cut it going forward when in theory it should be better than a 4. 

Lowest scorers in the league last season and 2nd lowest scorers so far this season. Our defence could be immense but without a plan to get the ball in the net we will remain in trouble.

As mentioned December is a massive month for us and will give a better idea of where we are at. 

The back 3 was working fine with Obileye in it, right up to the Motherwell game. It also allows our WB's to get up the wing more in attack, which we wont do with a back 4 just now. I think we'll go back to it once Obileye is back playing, which could be St Mirren away.

On 07/11/2023 at 21:46, LIVIFOREVER said:

image.thumb.png.b89bf137e91ebcae6ab6044e85058494.png

image.png.3c2b88cb56952b08eef386cc2a3d7a0f.png

And another draw tonight. 

Aye, Livi haven’t been terrific recently but id challenge anyone to show me a team where the consensus among the support is they’ve had a good first quarter (outside top 4)! Even St Mirren, in 3rd, have won less than half their games and rescued draws in injury time. 

it’s tight and we’re only 4 points off Europe. I accept that the trajectory hasn’t been great but I do think we’ll get better. Not pinning it all on Teto but I’d like to think we’ll find a way to offer more offensively. i don’t think it should be panic stations yet.

Edited by crispy

11 hours ago, Livi said:

Anyone worried that the new owner isn't the new owner yet. Wonder what the big deal was to announce it in September? 

The sun and EEN aren't exactly shy to stretch the truth (or just print lies) when it comes to Livi, and seeing as they're not telling us we're on the brink I'm quite happy we're fine atm.

7 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

The sun and EEN aren't exactly shy to stretch the truth (or just print lies) when it comes to Livi, and seeing as they're not telling us we're on the brink I'm quite happy we're fine atm.

Bill Leckie hates us.........

Glad you mentioned that Tory Rag LL,(the Sun) they can't stand us including the clown above .

Like Liverpool do, they shouldn't be allowed in the building 🤬

11 hours ago, Livi said:

20 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Considering that companies house hasn’t changed for OPCCO since news broke of this new majority shareholder in the company, the rumour  that the *purported* shareholders haven’t been paid yet is probably true.

So *if* no transaction has occurred for whatever sum this entity is to part with - how does this bode for all these losses that are to be written off, never mind the further investment in the club that we so desperately need and have been crying out for?

14 hours ago, crispy said:

And another draw tonight. 

Aye, Livi haven’t been terrific recently but id challenge anyone to show me a team where the consensus among the support is they’ve had a good first quarter (outside top 4)! Even St Mirren, in 3rd, have won less than half their games and rescued draws in injury time. 

it’s tight and we’re only 4 points off Europe. I accept that the trajectory hasn’t been great but I do think we’ll get better. Not pinning it all on Teto but I’d like to think we’ll find a way to offer more offensively. i don’t think it should be panic stations yet.

Would've preferred a win for St Mirren but they did to Hibs what they did to us, scoring a late equaliser to draw the game, so happy enough with that.

Aye the December games will tell us a lot, got a few that are massive for us, Ross Count and St Johnstone at home, wins in those would make a big difference to our season. With Obileye back and Montano available too, we'll be a lot more solid defending set pieces, and able to attack more. Would think Anderson will be starting those Dec home games too. 

Rather surprised by this,but the support in general have been hoping for some kind off help for Davie.Brian Rice brings a wealth of experience with him and will be a welcome addition.Tell you what,the Livi dugout is gonna be an interesting watch.Good move imo.🦁👍.

2 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Rather surprised by this,but the support in general have been hoping for some kind off help for Davie.Brian Rice brings a wealth of experience with him and will be a welcome addition.Tell you what,the Livi dugout is gonna be an interesting watch.Good move imo.🦁👍.

Takes nae shit from vocal fans either, so yep will be interesting if some loud mouth comes down to have a go at the dugout.🤣

Cracking signing, comes from my home town, a couple of years younger than me but know folk that knew him when he was playing football. Davie has been needing an experienced assistant helping him a bit more.

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Really good appointment IMO. Somewhat confused how we've managed to just nab someone's manager to come in as a coach

Alloa fans will probably correct me, but it always seemed like Rice wasn't really going to do anything for them long term. Given they're outside the playoffs this season, the idea of being a coach with a full-time club close to home may have been more appealing at this moment