Livingston - all the threads merged

33 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Alloa fans will probably correct me, but it always seemed like Rice wasn't really going to do anything for them long term. Given they're outside the playoffs this season, the idea of being a coach with a full-time club close to home may have been more appealing at this moment

🤣🤣🤣 close to home - f**k me it’s Alloa to Whitburn, you’d think he was away trekking the Hindu Kush!

(agree entirely with your post btw)

44 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Alloa fans will probably correct me, but it always seemed like Rice wasn't really going to do anything for them long term. Given they're outside the playoffs this season, the idea of being a coach with a full-time club close to home may have been more appealing at this moment

Think he was always keen to get back full-time to be honest. His managerial style at Alloa was always pretty bizarre and he was coming under a bit of pressure this season. Think Rugster is correct in saying he is better suited to being a coach and a lot of Alloa fans will welcome this move. Wish him all the best. 

9 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Considering that companies house hasn’t changed for OPCCO since news broke of this new majority shareholder in the company, the rumour  that the *purported* shareholders haven’t been paid yet is probably true.

So *if* no transaction has occurred for whatever sum this entity is to part with - how does this bode for all these losses that are to be written off, never mind the further investment in the club that we so desperately need and have been crying out for?

People seem to want to put their fingers in their ears and pretend all is well.

The club were already projecting £400k loss this year yet have just added more cost so where is this money really coming from? 

2 minutes ago, Livi said:

People seem to want to put their fingers in their ears and pretend all is well.

The club were already projecting £400k loss this year yet have just added more cost so where is this money really coming from? 

Whereas you two (or is it just one) are desperate to keep stirring it up, and peeved at not getting anyone hooked. image.thumb.png.a7a903457109446b3eda41538fa094a9.png

35 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Whereas you two (or is it just one) are desperate to keep stirring it up, and peeved at not getting anyone hooked. image.thumb.png.a7a903457109446b3eda41538fa094a9.png

I only have one account. Sorry to really disappoint you. Not looking for bites. 

Anything said thats not a fact? 

Maybe we just wait till January to the next court case 🙄

Edited by Livi

25 minutes ago, Livi said:

I only have one account. Sorry to really disappoint you. Not looking for bites. 

Anything said thats not a fact? 

Maybe we just wait till January to the next court case 🙄

There are several accounts a poster who loves stirring it with Livi fans uses, never sure when another pops up saying the same things. Anyway the announcement on the OS has McIlvogue still at Livi, so doesn't seem to be any  rift concerning a non payment. 

1 hour ago, mozam76 said:

🤣🤣🤣 close to home - f**k me it’s Alloa to Whitburn, you’d think he was away trekking the Hindu Kush!

(agree entirely with your post btw)

Fair point! I'll stick to the full-time reason next time (well that and the West Lothian connection) 

In terms of funds - I'd guess that a combination of Martindale/Hastings/Maley and now Rice is possibly cheaper than when we employed more established names like Bartley, Berra, Caig, etc. Bartley in particular was signed as a marquee signing and captain, so his playing wage likely carried on into the dugout. 

27 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

There are several accounts a poster who loves stirring it with Livi fans uses, never sure when another pops up saying the same things. Anyway the announcement on the OS has McIlvogue still at Livi, so doesn't seem to be any  rift concerning a non payment. 

He must be at Livi as an employee / consultant / advisor / visitor.

4 hours ago, East Calder Lion said:

Good move.  Much needed assistance.

Hopefully we will now see some consistency in team selection,  formation and tactics. 

Not sure he will assist with consistency to be fair. Played some random selections. All the best to Ricey though, top man, a good acquisition!

Rice is a great appointment as a coach for Livi he's mentioned in the past that him and Martindale are good pals and that played a part in us getting Hakeem Odoffin a couple of seasons ago. Think him and Martindale will be a good combination and will hopefully get Livi up the table a bit. I'm probably Rice's biggest fan and I would have him back the now as manager at us. Sure it will be a good appointment and hopefully you guys can continue to remain in the premiership and continue to piss the right people off. 

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

What rift are we on about? The fact that he's about the place despite not really being the new owner on paper says there's more to this than what's being let on. Don't be so dense. 

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Whereas you two (or is it just one) are desperate to keep stirring it up, and peeved at not getting anyone hooked. 

Lol

4 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Storm reception and demand answers? 

Stop and think is also another option. 

Edited by Roger the cabin boy

10 hours ago, Livi said:

He must be at Livi as an employee / consultant / advisor / visitor.

As much as there’s right to be skepticism of any new owner, the original statement confirmed that he’d joined as Chief Financial Officer.

There’s always enough questions to be asked about new owners, however the club was fairly open on what his role is

For what it’s worth, I’m still very 50/50 on the guy. He hasn’t really done anything (which is a nice change from previous owners) however it’s an odd time to join the club. 

Speaking of healing rifts, I noticed that our former director and resident pie reviewer is back and active on the Facebook Forum. I guess his decade long hiatus for “political” reasons is over. It’s a shame he wasn’t so interested when he helped oversee the Bollan fiasco, a decision which sent the club into a tailspin 

9 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

What rift are we on about? The fact that he's about the place despite not really being the new owner on paper says there's more to this than what's being let on. Don't be so dense. 

Lol

Stop and think is also another option. 

The one you're saying is going on at Livi, if he's gone back on his word it's strange he's still being mentioned in club official statement, nice try at shit stirring, but nae luck.

2 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

As much as there’s right to be skepticism of any new owner, the original statement confirmed that he’d joined as Chief Financial Officer.

There’s always enough questions to be asked about new owners, however the club was fairly open on what his role is

For what it’s worth, I’m still very 50/50 on the guy. He hasn’t really done anything (which is a nice change from previous owners) however it’s an odd time to join the club. 

Speaking of healing rifts, I noticed that our former director and resident pie reviewer is back and active on the Facebook Forum. I guess his decade long hiatus for “political” reasons is over. It’s a shame he wasn’t so interested when he helped oversee the Bollan fiasco, a decision which sent the club into a tailspin 

Thats right they did announce him as the CCO which i thought was strange at the time.

Lets get this right according to the Brian Rice statement yesterday Martindale asked the CEO to find cash to being Rice in - lets pause for a moment - if you just bought the club in September do you not think that would be the "new" owners responsibility not the CEO.

do people on this forum really believe that to be the case? 

Edited by Livi

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The one you're saying is going on at Livi, if he's gone back on his word it's strange he's still being mentioned in club official statement, nice try at shit stirring, but nae luck.

Being mentioned and legal status are 2 different things.

John Ward & Paul Cullen are both currently the major shareholders (legally) of Livingston FC Ltd

check the publicly available information

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I never said there was a ‘rift’? John ward, Dave Black, Paul Cullen have no shares in OPCCO… so if Bap-man hasn’t paid for his slice of the pie yet they’re not bothered.

2 minutes ago, Livi said:

Being mentioned and legal status are 2 different things.

John Ward & Paul Cullen are both currently the major shareholders (legally) of Livingston FC Ltd

check the publicly available information

On your last post about Martindale asking Dave Black and not McIlvogue, as CEO i'd imagine he was Martindale's first first point of contact asking for money to get Rice, and then the CEO went to Ward and McIlvogue, as all three are mentioned in the statement.

4 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

I never said there was a ‘rift’? John ward, Dave Black, Paul Cullen have no shares in OPCCO… so if Bap-man hasn’t paid for his slice of the pie yet they’re not bothered.

The CEO and Chairman of Livi aren't bothered if an investor hasn't paid the money he promised to invest in the club, aye ok.