Livingston - all the threads merged

9 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

John McIlvogue, who doesn’t own the club and isn’t on the board but is apparently central to all decisions, has promised to underwrite the losses, so we can spend whatever we like, right?

This 👇👇

11 hours ago, Livi said:

Lets get the Livi tambourine out and start singing  🎵 if you are happy and you know it clap your hands 🎵

of course they are now going to say I am in cahoots with you  or we are the same poster or we have the same agenda. Just delete as appropriate. 🙄

Edited by Livi

16 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That isn't going to happen this season anyway, but that isn't why you quoted me, trying to be a smart arse.  

So you're 100% confident that if Livingston spend within their operating budget from the start of the season, and not register a loss? On what credible basis?

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

So you're 100% confident that if Livingston spend within their operating budget from the start of the season, and not register a loss? On what credible basis?

A Morten fan offering financial advice is fcuking ironic given the history of losses over multiple decades at that club. 

What next? Lester Piggott offering tax advice.

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

Since we went down to League 1 the ownership at the club made us run on 'no operating losses', even if it meant a tiny budget. No reason to think there's anything else happening now. 

Just now, ATLIS said:

Since we went down to League 1 the ownership at the club made us run on 'no operating losses', even if it meant a tiny budget. No reason to think there's anything else happening now. 

That doesn't mean that the budget set at the start of the season is sufficient to avoid no operating losses now though.

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

A Morten fan offering financial advice is fcuking ironic given the history of losses over multiple decades at that club. 

What next? Lester Piggott offering tax advice.

Not as ironic as a St Mirren fan trying to lecture anyone, given that Tesco was entirely responsible for bailing you out of much larger financial losses. 

Just now, virginton said:

That doesn't mean that the budget set at the start of the season is sufficient to avoid no operating losses now though.

We cut the budget at the start of this season to ensure no operating losses - if that's changed between the start of the season and now I'd be surprised. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Not as ironic as a St Mirren fan trying to lecture anyone, given that Tesco was entirely responsible for bailing you out of much larger financial losses. 

Lecture? 🤣

No one wrote off our debts like you had to do not just once.

I’m sure Mortens accumulated debts likely outnumber St Mirren but our club board paid all our creditors afaik. 

Our board negotiated a deal to sell one of our historic grounds and we moved to a new stadium. A few other clubs have done something similar. 

Not once did we have to get out buckets to ask for cash from our rivals. 

Forever in our shadow! 

31 minutes ago, virginton said:

16 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We cut the budget at the start of this season to ensure no operating losses - if that's changed between the start of the season and now I'd be surprised. 

Usual suspects will be along shortly after this gate has been opened for them.😂[

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

This post really does take the biscuit. Is it for real seriously? These happy clappers need to wake up.

They must have been sleeping over last few years. 

This year and last year over £1m losses and a £1.7m loan to Scottish Government that costs £80k per year.

All together now :

🎵 if you are happy and you know it clap your hands - stick your fingers in your ears 🎵 

Thats nearly 3 months this thread has been plummeting to new depths.Im no happy clapper,but the bile thats been emanating from the usual suspects has been frankly nauseating. No doubt there will be a response from those ive mentioned telling me to bury my head in the sand,water of a ducks back.First time I've posted on this.Apart from being a fan I've no connection with the club.Seems strange though that all this rhetoric has come at a time when we're struggling on the park.Would it have been the same if we we're once again challenging for the top 6,I doubt it.Bring it on,so called Livingston fans.Aye I know I'm frustratingly deluded.🦁.

28 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Apart from being a fan I've no connection with the club.

Ditto despite what FF might insinuate on this thread.

32 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Seems strange though that all this rhetoric has come at a time when we're struggling on the park.

I thinks so. Remember we've just had Livingston FC vrs Neil Hogarth Lord Braid was not very complimentary of the Livingston FC case. Its there for all to see.

in January (a few days away) we have Neil Rankine Vrs Livingston FC.

We can't afford to just ignore these cases surely l? Why can't we at least discuss them here? . Both of these cases will be cost the club a fair whack on legal fees (double wammy on the Hogarth case) and Martindale says he has had a budget cut (see the link?) money is being drained from the club to feed lawyers pockets rather than Livingston FC having the biggest budget it can have.

We haven't even got on to the club losses this year and last.

Surely these are topical discussion point i have no agenda (despite what FF says about me) i want fellow Livingston fans to be aware as much as possible.

i do get some fans just want to just talk football but see the history of this threat was the mad Italians stewardship period.   

With respect,I get where your coming from.As per the Massone years,I'd rather not go there,understandably.He nearly cost me the right to follow my club.Thankfully under extreme Durress that didn't happen.Im sure,in fact I know that the small number of our fanbase don't know or wish to know the goings on upstairs. Maybe nieve,but the time will come soon when the support will make their collective voices heard.Be it through the trust or other interested parties.All the negativity surrounding the club is hurting us both on and especially off the field.Trying to be opptomistic that a resolve can be reached,otherwise grim times ahead.🤷‍♂️.

9 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Good player on his day, we have unfortunately not had our moneys worth due to injuries. Hopefully there is a fee involved?

A goal within a minute on his debut, and of course that 95ish minute winner up at Dingwall!

2 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Thats nearly 3 months this thread has been plummeting to new depths.Im no happy clapper,but the bile thats been emanating from the usual suspects has been frankly nauseating. No doubt there will be a response from those ive mentioned telling me to bury my head in the sand,water of a ducks back.First time I've posted on this.Apart from being a fan I've no connection with the club.Seems strange though that all this rhetoric has come at a time when we're struggling on the park.Would it have been the same if we we're once again challenging for the top 6,I doubt it.Bring it on,so called Livingston fans.Aye I know I'm frustratingly deluded.🦁.

1 hour ago, Livi said:

Ditto despite what FF might insinuate on this thread.

I thinks so. Remember we've just had Livingston FC vrs Neil Hogarth Lord Braid was not very complimentary of the Livingston FC case. Its there for all to see.

in January (a few days away) we have Neil Rankine Vrs Livingston FC.

We can't afford to just ignore these cases surely l? Why can't we at least discuss them here? . Both of these cases will be cost the club a fair whack on legal fees (double wammy on the Hogarth case) and Martindale says he has had a budget cut (see the link?) money is being drained from the club to feed lawyers pockets rather than Livingston FC having the biggest budget it can have.

We haven't even got on to the club losses this year and last.

Surely these are topical discussion point i have no agenda (despite what FF says about me) i want fellow Livingston fans to be aware as much as possible.

i do get some fans just want to just talk football but see the history of this threat was the mad Italians stewardship period.   

47 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

With respect,I get where your coming from.As per the Massone years,I'd rather not go there,understandably.He nearly cost me the right to follow my club.Thankfully under extreme Durress that didn't happen.Im sure,in fact I know that the small number of our fanbase don't know or wish to know the goings on upstairs. Maybe nieve,but the time will come soon when the support will make their collective voices heard.Be it through the trust or other interested parties.All the negativity surrounding the club is hurting us both on and especially off the field.Trying to be opptomistic that a resolve can be reached,otherwise grim times ahead.🤷‍♂️.

Couple of things for me here. First of all, I think calling the stuff from certain posters “bile”, is a bit much. What I’ll also say Troy, is that there are Livi supporters like me (how many I don’t know) that are more than happy to talk about Massone and other shitty eras. I actually think that the way some folk come across when his name is mentioned is childish, and a bit head in the sand. He wasn’t the devil incarnate. He wasn’t Voldemort. He was a real life, dreadful fucking owner. And to just shudder at his (and others) time at the club and stick one’s head in the sand, rather than actually talk rationally about what they were like (horrific) and why he in particular felt he could get away with what he did, isn’t healthy in my opinion. 

In relation to what’s going on just now? I’d LOVE to know more. I’d love to know more though, from the club first of all and from anyone else involved. McIlvogue, Hogarth, whoever. Not through faceless accounts on a football forum. I’d love the club to explain what’s going on with McIlvogue, why his ownership hasn’t been ratified etc. I’d love something from the club in relation to the Hogarth case. The club was told by Lord Braid that they had a kernel of a case. Is that being pursued? Lord Braids judgement was in relation to the clubs pleadings and their request for another opportunity to vary them. THATS what he rejected. Yet why is it being peddled everywhere that Hogarth actually won his case? Has he? 

As I say, I’d love to know more about this stuff. I’d like to know more from those directly involved though, not via illicit PMs on a message board. 

17 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Couple of things for me here. First of all, I think calling the stuff from certain posters “bile”, is a bit much. What I’ll also say Troy, is that there are Livi supporters like me (how many I don’t know) that are more than happy to talk about Massone and other shitty eras. I actually think that the way some folk come across when his name is mentioned is childish, and a bit head in the sand. He wasn’t the devil incarnate. He wasn’t Voldemort. He was a real life, dreadful fucking owner. And to just shudder at his (and others) time at the club and stick one’s head in the sand, rather than actually talk rationally about what they were like (horrific) and why he in particular felt he could get away with what he did, isn’t healthy in my opinion. 

In relation to what’s going on just now? I’d LOVE to know more. I’d love to know more though, from the club first of all and from anyone else involved. McIlvogue, Hogarth, whoever. Not through faceless accounts on a football forum. I’d love the club to explain what’s going on with McIlvogue, why his ownership hasn’t been ratified etc. I’d love something from the club in relation to the Hogarth case. The club was told by Lord Braid that they had a kernel of a case. Is that being pursued? Lord Braids judgement was in relation to the clubs pleadings and their request for another opportunity to vary them. THATS what he rejected. Yet why is it being peddled everywhere that Hogarth actually won his case? Has he? 

As I say, I’d love to know more about this stuff. I’d like to know more from those directly involved though, not via illicit PMs on a message board. 

With respect Mozam 76.When has your run of the mill Livi supporter ever heard of the day to day going on at the club over the last 25 years or so.Id suggest minimal at best.But the last 6 months has been excruciating to say in the least.Agree with your current sentiments. Albeit with such a with respect a small band who continue to say things can only get better,I worry for us.Look at Falkirk, Dunfermline Partick etc.Theve all got the backing supporters wise,we haven't. And that will continue until West Lothian once again backs their team. We will continue to follow our team regardless of where we are.Sorry my pens just run out.🦁🦁🦁.