Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

Given he did loan money to the club and he was rumoured to be asking for much much more, I’d say clarifying the actual amount owed in court means the case “went the clubs way”

Is this muppet still hanging around, got him on ignore so hadn't realized.

Yeah he was looking for a million quid, and it putting Livi in danger of going bust, i'd say it didn't go Rankine's way.

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Away to the Celtic in the cup, our reward for getting this far for the first time since 2005 (?) is a pumping. At least there will be some dosh for us.

Suppose we'd reached the end of the clear winnable ties; Morton at home (away would give me the fear) was probably the only one you'd be confident with, so a pay day isn't to be sniffed at. Hopefully Celtic are still in a bit of disarray, the poor wee souls, and we've picked up a good bit of form to make it interesting.

Having to play on them on their shitey grass pitch is a big advantage for them too. Still, you never know, always a first time for everything, this could be our time to beat them at Parkheid.

The January signings have impressed.

While its not a hard binary, centre backs often fall into one of two categories. Those who more often tackle and press then those who stay on their feet and rely more on positioning. While I accept you need a blend, I have a personal bias towards the snappier, more mobile type. Early signs are Donnellan is that style.

Carson seems tactically intelligent. He tackles well. His ball control and passing seem good. A second Holt has been needed since Omeonga left last summer and now Carson has filled the role.

Yengi is physically good. His touch, dribbling and passing all look to have potential. He's a well-rounded forward so contributes plenty in build up when not scoring. Yet he's also managed to find the net himself already. He's demonstrated his ability at finishing from crosses. Very useful given our attacking full backs and creative wide attackers. He has obvious character to him too which is a bonus.

I first assumed McGovern was brought in as back up due to Hamilton's injury. Yet he's rotated in and out the team with George since arriving. I don't know what's going on there. Maybe George has a persistent injury that's limiting his availability. 

37 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is this muppet still hanging around, got him on ignore so hadn't realized.

Yeah he was looking for a million quid, and it putting Livi in danger of going bust, i'd say it didn't go Rankine's way.

OK Miss Piggy (he wont see it but someone can tell him) 😀

29 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Carson seems tactically intelligent. He tackles well. His ball control and passing seem good. 

I wasn't convinced when it was muted he was signing. I have however been very impressed so far on what he has added to the team.

Edited by Livi

1 hour ago, Livi said:

Normally when someone wins in court the other side pay the costs of the case 🤔

Normally, yes -  if the entire court process has concluded. In this case though, an agreement was reached pre hearing. When that happens, an agreement on expenses has to be reached. If parties can’t agree, then an expenses hearing is fixed for a later date. 

Did we agree to pay Rankines expenses?

1 minute ago, Livi said:

Ask Rankine 👍

I’m asking you. Given you seemed so clear on it earlier on, I’m surprised at such a snidey reply. You either know or you don’t. 

10 hours ago, Durnford said:

I'm a fan of Nottingham's attitude...yes he's a limited (Primark) player but we knew that. I spoke with him after the St Johnstone 0-0 game and he talks really well plus seems to take defeats, poor performance or even conceding goals like a fan. That type of player can make a huge difference in the dressing room. With Notts, Holt, Shinnie, Pittman, Penrice and, by the looks of it, Yengi and we have a good group of players with the right attitude to hopefully fire us towards safety.

I’ve been shown a LiviForLife email sent today which says:

A more recent matter is that there are a number of changes to the Board of OPPCCO 6; the company formed to have a controlling interest in Livingston FC.
Unfortunately, a visit to the pages on the web for Companies House, and other web sources, doesn’t make it clear just who owns Livingston FC, and with notification on John Ward stepping down, just who is managing the Club at Board level.
The Trust board has written asking for clarification, and on receipt of a reply, will relay any information to our members.

The shareholders of the club are listed and the owners of Opcco6 are named so I’m not sure why they think it’s unclear who owns the club. It also seems like they are suggesting JW has left the club. He’s no longer a director of Opcco6 but I haven’t seen any notification of him “stepping down” from anything or any suggestion he’s no longer on the club board - which they are suggesting here by asking “just who is managing the club at board level”.

Hopefully Partick is the start of the season turning, fans back onside. No more slating the players, the manager, we're in this together. What we've got is what we'll finish with now, just time to pull together and see what we can do.

10 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I’ve been shown a LiviForLife email sent today which says:

The shareholders of the club are listed and the owners of Opcco6 are named so I’m not sure why they think it’s unclear who owns the club. It also seems like they are suggesting JW has left the club. He’s no longer a director of Opcco6 but I haven’t seen any notification of him “stepping down” from anything or any suggestion he’s no longer on the club board - which they are suggesting here by asking “just who is managing the club at board level”.

Should the interim Trust board and chair not be putting efforts into rearranging the all member meeting so a new Trust board can be elected as quickly as possible.

I am beginning to wonder if the interim Trust board really want to let go or just keep the status quo in place.

27 minutes ago, Livi said:

Should the interim Trust board and chair not be putting efforts into rearranging the all member meeting so a new Trust board can be elected as quickly as possible.

I am beginning to wonder if the interim Trust board really want to let go or just keep the status quo in place.

The enthusiasm and apparent urgency from that board seems to have wained since their info from Rankine turned out to be rubbish and they no longer see themselves as ‘knights in shining armour’. 

FWITW.I feel it was an opportunity lost when the members meeting was cancelled so late due to unforeseen circumstances.The feeling I got previous to that meeting was that a healthy attendance was anticipated with many willing to voice their collective concerns.Hopefully another meeting will be called in due course to enable members old and new to have their say.Maybe nieve positivity, but hopefully a positive outcome can only help them move forward.

8 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

FWITW.I feel it was an opportunity lost when the members meeting was cancelled so late due to unforeseen circumstances.The feeling I got previous to that meeting was that a healthy attendance was anticipated with many willing to voice their collective concerns.

Yeah, they were definitely building a bit of momentum and would be interested to know how many new members forms they got (especially considering they need them physically handed to them), but more or less radio silence after the Rankine case was a bit weird. I get the guy running the account is ill but based on how they refer to him in the third person sometimes I'm going to guess he's not the only one on it; so shouldn't really have been anything stopping the odd update.

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Yeah, they were definitely building a bit of momentum and would be interested to know how many new members forms they got (especially considering they need them physically handed to them), but more or less radio silence after the Rankine case was a bit weird. I get the guy running the account is ill but based on how they refer to him in the third person sometimes I'm going to guess he's not the only one on it; so shouldn't really have been anything stopping the odd update.

Yes, I'd be interested to know that as well. 

It was good to get the email from them last night - at the very least it gave quite a detailed breakdown of the positions needing filled and the skillset needed by individuals to do so. Food for thought for me anyway, and hopefully a few other people as well.

A fully functioning, independent Trust should only be good for the Club. 

Being a lifetime member i received nothing. I also  know of other members they have received nothing either.

I am  perplexed they are corresponding with some and not putting effort into sorting out an all members meeting.

Edited by Livi