Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Few teams also chasing Byrne it’s being reported. Would be a huge signing, fills a massive hole in our team and great sign of intent if we get him. Known and proven quality at this level, a club hero, would be throwing money at him over untested players from down south and Northern Ireland. 

i liked Byrne when he was at Dundee he did his job well but was a bit on the slow side...he'll be a very good signing for a championship team.

58 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

i liked Byrne when he was at Dundee he did his job well but was a bit on the slow side...he'll be a very good signing for a championship team.

Yeah he's dogged and full of heart*, was a good solid player for us both in the Championship and Premiership. Maybe not the player he was but would still think he'd do a turn in the Championship.

*The way he chased the ball back and forth between 2 Utd players, till he caught one of them, and stuck a foot in to send Pittman away for his goal in our 3-2 win in the play offs, typified his attitude. Also wound Willow Flood up and got him sent off.

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

They were gloryhunting "local" old firm fans,thankfully gone now however.

I was at a Livi v Hibs match in the 2000's where a boy in Rangers shirt was chased out of the Hibs end. Strange mentality and behaviour. 

Like you say, your support is better off without those oddballs. 

11 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah he's dogged and full of heart*, was a good solid player for us both in the Championship and Premiership. Maybe not the player he was but would still think he'd do a turn in the Championship.

*The way he chased the ball back and forth between 2 Utd players, till he caught one of them, and stuck a foot in to send Pittman away for his goal in our 3-2 win in the play offs, typified his attitude. Also wound Willow Flood up and got him sent off.

Not forgetting his lay off to Keoghan Jacobs at Firhill to get us up.Belter.Bring him home🦁👍.

15 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I was at a Livi v Hibs match in the 2000's where a boy in Rangers shirt was chased out of the Hibs end. Strange mentality and behaviour. 

Do you think they should've let him stay?

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you think they should've let him stay?

Yeah being kicked out is too good for them, should've  been stripped naked and marched right around the pitch with someone walking behind him ringing a bell shouting SHAME........... SHAME..............SHAME............... SHAME.............

Then put in stocks outside the ground till FT, with bags of rotten offal and dog shite (basically match day pie fillings) given out to the exiting fans, for them to pelt him with.

This should be standard practice for any away erse cheek fans found sitting in the home/opposition end at games.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah being kicked out is too good for them, should've  been stripped naked and marched right around the pitch with someone walking behind him ringing a bell shouting SHAME........... SHAME..............SHAME............... SHAME.............

Then put in stocks outside the ground till FT, with bags of rotten offal and dog shite (basically match day pie fillings) given out to the exiting fans, for them to pelt him with.

This should be standard practice for any away erse cheek fans found sitting in the home/opposition end at games.

https://youtu.be/zPi76KvQF1g

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Maley away

For the best I reckon, can't really see what he was adding to the coaching staff. Hopefully means an experienced GK coach is on the way in.

41 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

For the best I reckon, can't really see what he was adding to the coaching staff. Hopefully means an experienced GK coach is on the way in.

I'd agree with that, he doesn't seem to develop a goalkeeper in the way someone like Caig would for us.

13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

he doesn't seem to develop a goalkeeper in the way someone like Caig would for us.

I have absolutely nothing against Maley but he was very clearly a budget appointment. It's not an appointment I think we should have tried to save on either given the fact that we spent a good chunk of money on George surely with a view to developing him and selling for a profit. Now I think we are very likely to make a loss whenever George does go because I don't think Maley has developed Shamal at all. 

The Maley thing is confusing.

This quote in particular.

"will leave a big void to fill but ultimately, has been a victim of our relegation."

So stating that he's left as we can't afford to keep him. What kind of wage was he on then? Absolutely mental and makes zero sense at all.

15 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

The Maley thing is confusing.

This quote in particular.

"will leave a big void to fill but ultimately, has been a victim of our relegation."

So stating that he's left as we can't afford to keep him. What kind of wage was he on then? Absolutely mental and makes zero sense at all.

Missed that part. Does that mean we won't have a GK coach next season then? 

Without actually knowing how good/shite some of these guys are, you could have our current team looking like:

Prior

Brandon  -  Donnellan  -  Finlayson  -  Montano

Kelly  -  McAlear  -  Pittman

Smith  -  Yengi  -  Sole

Bench: George, Nottingham, Clarke, Lawal, Carson, Muirhead, Korboa

That's with trying to ignore the players who are "available for transfer" as I expect they'll be gone (and George on the bench as I assume he'll also be away), but just chucked Carson in for an extra CM sub. Based on that you're probably looking for better CB cover than Nottingham, and another CM if we're playing with 3, and that might be us.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Maley away

No huge surprise with us likely needing to become a leaner operation for next season. Seems like a good guy and will have seen a lot with Livi! Good luck to him.

5 minutes ago, crispy said:

No huge surprise with us likely needing to become a leaner operation for next season. Seems like a good guy and will have seen a lot with Livi! Good luck to him.

Leaner operation?

AFAIK - Davie, Hastings & Maley were the coaching team. Plus a conditioning coach.

That's a pretty lean operation right there.

Will say as well though, Maley leaving means nothing to me. He's a nice guy but did we ever actually see an improvement in any of our goalkeepers over the time he was head GK coach?

George seemed to go backwards under Maley.