Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I think his lack of full matches is because of his diabetes not the manager.

Maybe to start with but he has a device monitoring his levels so he doesn't have another seizure, as long as he looks after himself it doesn't stop him playing football, or hinder his ability to play a full game. 

19 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Leaner operation?

AFAIK - Davie, Hastings & Maley were the coaching team. Plus a conditioning coach.

That's a pretty lean operation right there.

Is Brian Rice still at Livi?

33 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

He will be on the lookout for another job. I gather he was told he’d eventually be getting the managers job here, but the sands have shifted.

He's been fairly public about not wanting to be a manager and preferring a coaching role though?

12 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Aye shoot, I totally forgot about him.

Easily done, apart from getting the post match interviews, i'm not sure what he brought to the team last season. We continued playing the same mad system and team selections up till we were relegated, nothing really changed after he was brought into Livi.

Nothing against him, but we needed someone experienced and able to talk some sense and influence Martindale when he was struggling to win games, maybe Brian was just too nice.

46 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Aye shoot, I totally forgot about him.

That was my point. Wasn’t sure if you missed him out on purpose. Not sure what he brings to the team when Davie is in charge of everything. Nice guy, can be hilarious (for the wrong reasons) in post match interviews, and has a good reputation as a coach, but he might not be required now.

24 minutes ago, Livi said:

June looks to be a busy month with court dates both at CoS and Hamilton 😮

Courts such as the Court of Session and Hamilton Sheriff Court generally have busy months full of court dates.

36 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Courts such as the Court of Session and Hamilton Sheriff Court generally have busy months full of court dates.

Ha i meant with a Livi connection 

1 hour ago, CharlieWhisky said:

One case Hogarth et al vs Opcco6 Ltd at the CoS, and one at Hamilton a lady against John J Ward, right? 

2nd one isn't Livi related then, not directly anyway.

H/S/R v Opcco6 will hopefully sort out the ownership issue so we can get on with next season without off field distractions.

Martindale is getting on with assembling a squad, which is good to see, in preparation for the season ahead, but a change in control throws everything up in the air, and could potentially put our season into disarray. Leaving us managerless and having to get a manager appointed, leaving preparations in limbo, which isn't ideal for our on field start to the season.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

2nd one isn't Livi related then, not directly anyway.

H/S/R v Opcco6 will hopefully sort out the ownership issue so we can get on with next season without off field distractions.

Martindale is getting on with assembling a squad, which is good to see, in preparation for the season ahead, but a change in control throws everything up in the air, and could potentially put our season into disarray. Leaving us managerless and having to get a manager appointed, leaving preparations in limbo, which isn't ideal for our on field start to the season.

It would cost them a pretty penny to pay off his one-year contract. It will be interesting to see what happens if HSR win.

From what I’ve been told, Ward's pursuer doesn’t have much of a case.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

It would cost them a pretty penny to pay off his one-year contract. It will be interesting to see what happens if HSR win.

From what I’ve been told, Ward's pursuer doesn’t have much of a case.

Might get even more complicated, if the ownership changes how does that affect contracts being made by a party that has no authority to sign players, or a manager. Does the change in control have to honour newly signed contracts, or have they a case for disputing them, hopefully Martindale is allowed to just get on with the job whichever way it goes. Last thing we need is the off field stuff screwing up our season before it even starts.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Might get even more complicated, if the ownership changes how does that affect contracts being made under by a party that has no authority to sign players, or a manager. Does the change in control have to honour newly signed contracts, or have they a case for disputing them, hopefully Martindale is allowed to just get on with the job whichever way it goes. Last thing we need is the off field stuff screwing up our season before it even starts.

Martindale did a good enough job of screwing up the last two seasons without any interference.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Martindale did a good enough job of screwing up the last two seasons without any interference.

Yeah at a different level, where we had the lowest budget, with expectation of being bottom every season. This season is massively different, in we'll have one of the top budgets, and expectation to be challenging for promotion.

He's done well before signing players to get us promoted, and is making decent signings, so i'd be willing to let him have a go and see how it goes. The alternative is us scrambling about trying to get a manager in while every other club is getting prepared, and then playing catch up with them as the season starts.

BIB i know we finished the season falling off a cliff form/results wise, but finishing 8th was still a good season for us, we'd certainly have taken 8th this season, and i doubt anyone would class an 8th placed finish for Livingston as a failure.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER