Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, The Wrong Car said:

I doubt there’s many clubs in Scotland that can afford to decline admission money for an entire season and trying to link that to wider issues is weird tbh

1B88AA78-FAF6-48F2-84A2-EC2133A274AE.thumb.jpeg.15bc6fc3b52438a8e482cc28d75e104b.jpeg

You’re going on and on but really haven’t replied to his post, clearly marked by the text in bold. 

Tjat

1 minute ago, The Wrong Car said:

I doubt there’s many clubs in Scotland that can afford to decline admission money for an entire season and trying to link that to wider issues is weird tbh

That wasn't my point. My point is better finances maybe would have meant we could have taken around the amounts RC & Hamilton took. Saved the club best part of £500k. Remember we took this loan and the club also made a loss.

14 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Wont disclose,but Finally ive discovered who you are.Dissapointing,but nevertheless you've had your views big man.Weve a long history,and our friendship will never leave.Suspect that will continue.Your my freind,that won't change regardless of the upcoming outcome.Enjoy your evening pal.🦁🦁🦁.

A threatened doxxing on day one in the new forum, you lads might be even more entertaining than Falkirk.

Just now, Roger the cabin boy said:

1B88AA78-FAF6-48F2-84A2-EC2133A274AE.thumb.jpeg.15bc6fc3b52438a8e482cc28d75e104b.jpeg

You’re going on and on but really haven’t replied to his post, clearly marked by the text in bold. 

I’ve said many times the club needs a reset both on and off the pitch, with the role of the Trust hopefully improving within this

1 minute ago, Livi said:

Tjat

That wasn't my point. My point is better finances maybe would have meant we could have taken around the amounts RC & Hamilton took. Saved the club best part of £500k. Remember we took this loan and the club also made a loss.

There’s a good reason why Ross County didn’t need to take as much as similar clubs - they’re owned by a wealthy individual who’s happy to fund them

51 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Personally I don’t see an issue with taking the government loan. 

free money you have to pay back after umpteen years, no brainier.

However, to me it’s all about how it’s been used. Doubt we’ll ever be given an honest answer.

My point is not about the loan per se its the value and what did it cover/pay for given we had losses along side this loan.

I am happy to be corrected on the amount of clubs that took it. 

Up till covid we were being run pretty well, still had the Dykes money helping us out too. The back to back top 6 finishes and cup final was during covid restrictions too, which was shite, we'd have made a bundle from that in normal seasons. Then we gambled the next 2 seasons just missing out on top 6 on the final pre split games, and those narrow margins cost us with the extra money we'd put into our budget. 

All ifs and buts now, it was historically our longest period in the top flight, so difficult to see it as a failure by those in charge, and there's lots of factors involved bringing us to where we are now, i think the blame can be spread around.  

6 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Got 800 odd pages and 6 years of this thread to catch up on, anyone got a summary? 

We had 7-8 good years, now it's back to business as usual, that's pretty much the short version.

9 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

John ward had no power or standing back then, he couldn’t sack anyone if he wanted to 🤣. Where do you get your shite from hahaha

From Hopkin himself being quoted in mainstream media oulets:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2011775/livingston-david-hopkin-shambles-fortunes-around/

Where do you Hogarth fart-sniffers get your shite from? Clue is maybe in the question, you might be going in a bit close.

8 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

The most tinpot club in the senior ranks, I hope you fail on the most miserable level. 

How funny, I rarely think about Raith at all

14 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

The most tinpot club in the senior ranks, I hope you fail on the most miserable level. 

I'm always awestruck with the ongoing success at Raith. Must be at least 35 years since they were in the Premier League

3 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

I'm always awestruck with the ongoing success at Raith. Must be at least 35 years since they were in the Premier League

27 years to be precise but hey who's counting 

26 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

From Hopkin himself being quoted in mainstream media oulets:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2011775/livingston-david-hopkin-shambles-fortunes-around/

Where do you Hogarth fart-sniffers get your shite from? Clue is maybe in the question, you might be going in a bit close.

Nothing of what you posted rebuts what I’ve said. Shareholders can’t sack managers, in case you don’t know.

Nice little read though, thanks pal.

I get my info from good sources.

18 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Nothing of what you posted rebuts what I’ve said. Shareholders can’t sack managers, in case you don’t know.

Nice little read though, thanks pal.

I get my info from good sources.

Ha it seems like it's all gone full circle and to the FF earlier point the constant seems to be the current club Chairman.

Club losses, ownership issues, legal challenges galore and he isn't even a shareholder. It can't be everyone else's fault and the people running the club are all the innocent ones. Business doesn't run like that.

Roll on Lord Braid

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

How funny, I rarely think about Raith at all

Yeah apart from our annual cup win over them they had no relevance to us in our last 6 seasons in the top flight. Strange that a Raith fan is so bothered by us, unless they're still smarting from us getting Marv, Toastie and Steve Tosh from them.