Livingston - all the threads merged

McGowan plugged the gap for St. Johnstone last season that Devlin should have done for us. Think he could be a great signing.

I haven't seen his name mentioned but Andy Winter was still training with us today. 

Players I didn't see - Lawal, Sangare, Donnellan and Korboa. I saw Welch-Hayes briefly but he wasn't training.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

49 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

IMO McGowan is the signing we needed, quality and experience at the back is something we sorely missed last season. Really happy we've got that over the line

Agreed.He should stand out in the championship. Hopefully blends in quickly.🦁👍.

Without being a party pooper i really hope the club can afford these players. With a near 500k loss last year.

This year will see much reduced crowds and hospitality income.

losses still need to be paid for some how its not free money. 

2 hours ago, Livi said:

Without being a party pooper i really hope the club can afford these players. With a near 500k loss last year.

This year will see much reduced crowds and hospitality income.

losses still need to be paid for some how its not free money. 

1 hour ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

See Dapo Mebude is also training with us. Sold him to Inter Milan in FM18 for £20m. 

Trust the process

18 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Decent run out for the lads today at Fir Park.Narrow 2 1 loss,but signs there coming together.Friendles over.Hard to tell with these.Competitive football begins next week in the league cup up at Forfar. Bring it on.👊🦁.

Did better than last season anyway, where we lost 3-1 and 4-1 at Firpark. Only a friendly but a good test for us against higher level opposition, looks like some of the new signings are already gelling.

8 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Never got a chance with us under Martindale. Decent defender.Had one or two ahead of him at Livi.Suspect hel do a job for yous.

Good to hear mate, Inverness fans seem to rate him so seems like a good signing from us only his first game today but looked comfortable enough at the back 

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Morgan boyes signed for us, looked good for us in today’s friendly how would yous rate him?

I honestly thought he looked fairly shite with us whenever he’d played. He was at fault for a number of goals due to comedy defending, then got shipped out on loan when it was clear he wasn’t good enough. 

He was meant to have a bit of pedigree, youth caps and Liverpool youth but I didn’t see much to think he’d go on to do much 

41 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I honestly thought he looked fairly shite with us whenever he’d played. He was at fault for a number of goals due to comedy defending, then got shipped out on loan when it was clear he wasn’t good enough. 

He was meant to have a bit of pedigree, youth caps and Liverpool youth but I didn’t see much to think he’d go on to do much 

We’ll see how he does change of scenery might do him the world of good, like I said above he looked decent today will have a better idea Tuesday when we play St Mirren 

57 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Fair to remember, he was playing in the Premier League when we let him go to Caley. Think he's found his level now.Time will tell of course.As Atlis says maybe we expected more givin his youthful pedigree🤷‍♂️.

3 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Fair to remember, he was playing in the Premier League when we let him go to Caley. Think he's found his level now.Time will tell of course.As Atlis says maybe we expected more givin his youthful pedigree🤷‍♂️.

He did make 35 appearances for us so he got a chance, I just don't think he was at the levels required and didn't develop into the player he could've been given his obvious pedigree. He's not exactly one I would've been happy to see the club offering a new deal.