Livingston - all the threads merged

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

It would appear the Livi SM team have a fairly fragile ego. Blocking spree and bitchy tweets when people are trying to feedback that the club’s style of content isn’t working as well as it used to. 

A shame because it used to be a very good, funny, account at times but it’s become far too boring and predictable by now - in all likelihood to maximise profits

My son got barred from twitter (x) yesterday by David Barura for asking questions, Has David Badura been reading up on Stalin?

22 minutes ago, Durnford said:

My son got barred from twitter (x) yesterday by David Barura for asking questions, Has David Badura been reading up on Stalin?

I saw from thread that a staff / volunteer member of the club said today on X said there has been no meltdown with the Livi SM team.

Posts on X over the last few days would suggest otherwise 🙈😎😂🙈

Hands up if you have been blocked 🤝

High ✋

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

It would appear the Livi SM team have a fairly fragile ego. Blocking spree and bitchy tweets when people are trying to feedback that the club’s style of content isn’t working as well as it used to. 

A shame because it used to be a very good, funny, account at times but it’s become far too boring and predictable by now - in all likelihood to maximise profits

"Team" is a very loose term here.

It's one guy. It used to be Dave Black who was pretty decent at it.

Now it's David "HaCK" Badura. It's absolutely tragic. Then Hastie comes along as pedals his usual shite as well.

The inside of the club is incredibly cliquey now. 

2 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Now it's David "HaCK" Badura. It's absolutely tragic. Then Hastie comes along as pedals his usual shite as well.

Circle the wagons time at Livi, we need a clear out before things will improve.

New owners with fresh ideas and investment to implement them. For any hope of that to happen we need a clear winner of these court cases and them to sell up. It's all just stagnating waiting on the outcome of an internal feud. 

42 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Ha you normally dislike my posts but i actually like yours.

A lot of sense in your post above

High ✋

What was Dylan Bahamboula like for you? We seem to have a mystery trialist and that's been the best guess so far.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What was Dylan Bahamboula like for you? We seem to have a mystery trialist and that's been the best guess so far.

Looked decent to start with but got pushed out by Nouble because they were similar in how they played, then didn't feature much. 

39 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Classic story of a decent player who fell out with Davie.

Looked good and really needed the confidence of being in the team consistently instead of the way Davie treats our guys.

Bahamboula was decent, but needed the team built around him and Davie wasn't really up for that. 

Tricky winger, not a lot of pace, but half the time he didn't need it. Definitely an asset

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

The best thing I can really say about him is that he has five star skill moves on FIFA. He's a bit of an enigma, a tricky winger but lacks pace. Got sent off after being brought off the bench for us v Motherwell. Can be a passenger but likely can produce a bit of something from nothing (although he never did that for us)

Agree re Bahamboula, he looked decent then fell out of favour. Martindale then tried to force him out and publicly said he was sitting on his contract refusing to leave. Eventually paid up quite handsomely. Would like to see him do well elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Agree re Bahamboula, he looked decent then fell out of favour. Martindale then tried to force him out and publicly said he was sitting on his contract refusing to leave. Eventually paid up quite handsomely. Would like to see him do well elsewhere.

Who's hacked Charlies account?

I thought Bahamboula was fairly poor for us, seems I’m in the minority 😂

There’s definitely talent, however in the one season he was registered he made 27 appearances in all comps and got one (heavily deflected goals) and no assists

He was maybe unfortunate to be in a team with Nouble, a very similar striker was was contributing, but he didn’t exactly show he was Premiership quality in the limited chances he had.

37 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I thought Bahamboula was fairly poor for us, seems I’m in the minority 😂

There’s definitely talent, however in the one season he was registered he made 27 appearances in all comps and got one (heavily deflected goals) and no assists

He was maybe unfortunate to be in a team with Nouble, a very similar striker was was contributing, but he didn’t exactly show he was Premiership quality in the limited chances he had.

Think we're all in agreement, could see he was a decent looking player, but didn't feature enough (prob due to Nouble getting the nod over him).

The latter end he was just getting the odd sub appearance and you could see his confidence was low and not playing had affected him*. Think if he'd had a run of games at the start and became a regular he'd have done well for us, but wasn't to be.

*came on up in Dingwall and was tripping over the ball looking like Bambi on ice, not recognisable from the player i saw when he first played for us.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Bahamboula's game time was limited by Nouble's great form in 22/23. It was clear Martindale saw playing both together as leaving the team a bit defensively unbalanced so normally Bahamboula lost out. Then last season it was to be a wingerless formation so Bahamboula was told to leave (move fell through late in the summer window so he ended up staying until January without playing). Bahamboula dawdled on the ball which some folk hate (presumably Martindale) but I like. Slowing the game down like that suited us I felt, especially in home games. His latter appearances were marked by a noticeable lack of confidence, though, and you saw that in his decision-making. Knowing he was under pressure to try and force his way into the team he'd end up trying too much and dribbling in the wrong areas then losing the ball. Frustrating we don't have him now as I'd love a winger like him but hopefully Sole or Smith can step up to the plate this season (Korboa and Muirhead are more wide forwards than classic wingers).

Also of the view that bahamboula was pretty terrible. For all the time he was here he showed a few glimpses, maybe had 2 decent halves of football. Lacked any real intensity and end product.

41 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

I thought his crossing was good but his shooting was useless.

Im not sure he ever put a cross in...tended to skip past a man with skill then go back to do it again before eventually losing the ball. There was also zero interest in tracking back