Livingston - all the threads merged

...and for this to happen, it would mean that WLC have been a willing partner in seeking to ensure that the creditors of a private company within their district will receive the minimum amount of repayment of debt so that they (the council) can continue to indulge in the corporate hospitality of said private company for many years to come.

If this is the case, then politics in WL are even more rotten than has been thought...............not that I would be surprised by that. Until someone in the district has the motivation to remove the lid from what seems to be a very incestuious and self serving can of worms, then it'll just go on and on.

For those with a vested interest in seeing Livvy pay the price for their wrongdoing this time, then a bizarre twist might be on the horizon...........and that twist would rapidly re-assess exactly who the most ethically compromised players in WL actually are.............I think they are all iffy players. There are no straightforward good guys and bad guys at play here.

Massone just might well be the man to back if justice is a prime mover. If he has indeed put in his near fanciful figure of half a million, then he just might be able to ensure that 2.8p in the pound doesn't work this time. For those seeking an eye for an eye, then maybe.........just maybe........the man to back will be Massone.

If a deal has already been worked by the council, the Trust and McDougall, then it looks as though the latest incarnation in WL might be based on economies of the truth yet again. Its becoming increasingly obvious WLC are no straighter than Massone himself, and that the Council's words to the public are little more than a fabrication to weasle over their true intent.

The Trust of course, do want to be seen as the good guys, but only after every creditor gets screwed over yet again. Nothing at all has changed in West Lothian.

My goodness, I think Duncan has just agreed with me :P

I assume the SFL will ask the administrator early this week when they have a chat if Livi are in a position to fulfill their fixtures? What will his answer be and how will SFL react if he says they can't?

What a mess that would be. I don't see how it would be fair to promote Airdrie and Cowdenbeath at just a week's notice.

The Scotsman article was interesting but I still don't think the club will be liquidated. I reckon they will survive and be playing first division football this season because they will be given as much as help as possible from all and sundry.

I assume the SFL will ask the administrator early this week when they have a chat if Livi are in a position to fulfill their fixtures? What will his answer be and how will SFL react if he says they can't?

What a mess that would be. I don't see how it would be fair to promote Airdrie and Cowdenbeath at just a week's notice.

The Scotsman article was interesting but I still don't think the club will be liquidated. I reckon they will survive and be playing first division football this season because they will be given as much as help as possible from all and sundry.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to Airdrie and Cowden - they'll probably know much more about the situation than we do. Don't think any team would knock back the opportunity to go up a league. We only lost to Stenny on pens and their team doesn't look that different from last season.

The way the third division teams played yesterday - the second might be a "softer" league anyway.

Too late for that now the fixtures are out. It'll be a 9-team First Division if Livi go under. :)

Too late for that now the fixtures are out. It'll be a 9-team First Division if Livi go under. :)

If thats the case then how will the promotion/relegation work in order to return the first division to 10 teams and leave the third division with 9?

It's not looking good.

Only 108 Livi fans at Palmerston yesterday, which hardly swelled the receipts to what the interim manager would have wanted. Allied with that, there is a complete misunderstanding amongst the Livi fans about what they should be doing now that McGruther has found out just how bad the finances are.

Some people are giving money to the fighting fund (which has all of £3000) whilst others on Livi Lions are still saying that they wont give anything direct to the club just in case Massolini gets his hands on it.

I don't know the legal posistion but I reckon McGruther will be having a hard look at the cash from Saturday against his wage bill on Monday and getting ready to administer the coup de grace. After all, neither him or his firm will make any money hanging around for another week for another hundred or so going to Cliftonhill.

Edited by banjo player

The Herald is wrong, believe me. :)

Maybe. I would be suprised if they (the Herald) weren't and I'm resigned to Division 2 certainly. They did have some guy from the league quoted though and he made the point they wouldn't be able to elect a new team to the league while stating Airdrie and Cowden would benefit. After signing the players we've signed I dread to think what would happen if we were to go back up by the way so I'm hoping you're right and it doesn't happen!!!

It's not looking good.

Only 108 Livi fans at Palmerston yesterday, which hardly swelled the receipts to what the interim manager would have wanted. Allied with that, there is a complete misunderstanding amongst the Livi fans about what they should be doing now that McGruther has found out just how bad the finances are.

Some people are giving money to the fighting fund (which has all of £3000) whilst others on Livi Lions are still saying that they wont give anything direct to the club just in case Massolini gets his hands on it.

I don't know the legal posistion but I reckon McGruther will be having a hard look at the cash from Saturday against his wage bill on Monday and getting ready to administer the coup de grace. After all, neither him or his firm will make any money hanging around for another week for another hundred or so going to Clintonhill.

All Livingston fans should be doing is raising money and giving it to McGruther. This will buy them time for a potential deal to be done.

Nothing else matters at this stage. The fans will have to place their trust in the administrator and then hope things work out. Choosing not to give money to the club because Massone MAY get his hands on it will do nothing to help it survive.

Not according to the Sunday Herald today. 9 team Third Division. Once the league starts though there will be nothing they can do.

The Sunday Times has the same SFL quote ie Airdrie up and Cowden taking Airdrie's place in the second (although the ST sloppily has the Blue Brazil as being relegated via the play offs.) A 9 team Third Division with one side 'dormant' every Saturday.

I am confident that Cowden could do well in the Second Division: they have an excellent defence and, based on yesterday's adventurous approach, are showing considerably more creativity and goal making ability than last season.

Edited by Blue Brazil Forever

It's not looking good.

Don't know how much Livi would have received after the police, stewards vat was paid but something is better than nothing.

One of the Italians (not Massone) came into the QoS shop after the game and bought a QoS scarf - took his money should really have held it up to the light and made a show of checking but hey if he wants to give his money to us and not his own club?

When we left the shop Massone and a little group of his henchmen were deep in conversation at the exits - i regret not getting him to sign my programme surely would have been worth all of £2.51 on ebay by now.

Duncan doesn't, MCL is just giving his mind a treat. :lol:
sorry livi fans but this is becoming a really long sad story, can somebody make there mind up on whats going to happen its looking so stupid on the sfl now. then we can all move on!!!