Livingston - all the threads merged

The facebook piece is fucking awful, can it really be that there are Livi fans who are still so far from getting it?

I see James McPake and Manny Dorado are among those who've joined the group.

Deary, deary me. I assume this has been written by Massone's lawyer who advised against taking the £25k. It seems the administrator has turned into the banker from Deal or No Deal - you can take this £25k now or you can hold it in the hope you'll get more but run the risk of losing it all.

The deadline will change nothing in my view, just like it changed nothing at Gretna.

I think it's a bit of brinkmanship (right on the brink !!)

The money has probably been put in by Nixon/McDougall/Rankine to buy the shares. Massone is using the threat of extinction to squeeze out some more. You don't have to take the first offer of £25k if you think that you might get £50k on Tuesday night.

The facebook piece is fucking awful, can it really be that there are Livi fans who are still so far from getting it?

I see James McPake and Manny Dorado are among those who've joined the group.

It's a group set up to show support for the saving of Livi. You don't necessarily have to agree with the comments :)

That self serving Faceook p'sh is the kind of thing that will put off anyone with any memory of Livingstone's practices as they went up the leagues in the 90's .

That same old 'We are too good for this' attude that put noses out of joint, the annoyance with the drum, the gold confetti that took an age for people to clean up, the weans in old firm tops running around the away end hurling abuse and the stewards who brought the police over when you told the little sods to bugger off, the chairman who said their "natural place" was the SPL while he swindled a guy out of thousands to bankroll it, the ripping off of a club who were hours away from going to the wall, the refusal to honour tickets donated to a charity auction unless they went to a game of the clubs choosing (and the board member who phoned me at my work and threatened to get the police to chase me for fraud for daring to want to use the tickets to watch my team play them), that freddie boswell bampot Leishman and his slavering pish at post match interviews.

Sorry, my sympathy was kind of there, but now I've been reminded I can't say I will shed a tear for them.

I'd help the vermin up the A77 before I would cross the street for Livingston.

It's a group set up to show support for the saving of Livi. You don't necessarily have to agree with the comments :)

Yeah sorry, appreciate that, my two statements were unlinked and I didn't mean to imply criticism of anyone who joined the group.

It wasn't CDE who set up the group, he just brought it everyone's attention.

It's certainly not his writing style, but he's championed some of the more frothy sentiments on this board before now. He'll agree with more of it than not, I should imagine.

I think it's a bit of brinkmanship (right on the brink !!)

The money has probably been put in by Nixon/McDougall/Rankine to buy the shares. Massone is using the threat of extinction to squeeze out some more. You don't have to take the first offer of £25k if you think that you might get £50k on Tuesday night.

Kinda what I was thinking, the council thought they were clever but Massone might just have outsmarted them, yes he loses some money if it goes down but Jesus, how are the council and it's co-conspirators going to look? I wonder who has their chest puffed out the most?

The council itself I think should be more coy. It has nothing to lose. Livingston don't have the support of the community and the council have the land.

I don't know the agendas of the various stalking horses though...

KFTS- cheers for the links, & to answer the question I did.

Good stuff. I reckon that a Livingston 2010 team in the EOS league next season could be strong! :P

Liz Franchi's on the verge of a dream move to Gianni's in Greenock for a six-figure sum and a portion of garlic bread.

:lol:

A Six figure sum like £5.60 per hour plus £4.50 bonus if the chips are properly cooked? ;)

I wonder if the money that was allegedly put in her bank account for the Leigh Griffiths transfer has been moved on? :ph34r:

Only a couple of days to wait.......

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

anyone interested in a match day programme...... we've a few hunner at the printers !

Albion Rovers v Livingston. CIS CUP. Sat Aug 1. 3pm......

tee kasule.

Even if the game goes ahead as planned, there should be around 280 left come Sunday then.

:P

Good grief, I've been away on holiday for a few days and this thread's gone absolutely postal!

It's good to see this reckoning finally come about, especially after someone predicted last week that this could drag on all season. Either way the rest of the league will know what on earth they're dealing with this season, its the uncertainty which has pointlessly dragged on all summer which has grated on me, thanks to the hierarchy's refusal to intervene. And before you start waving your arms about, Yoss, and demanding to know what the League should have done- well- Livingston, transparently, were insolvent fucks months ago, who couldn't afford a bus ticket to Bathgate, let alone finance an entire season in SFL Division One. So they should have been booted out at the end of the season- and allowed the fans who are motivated and want to get their hands dirty in building a new club, to prepare their new side for the EOS and try and regain the league place from there.

I've really no idea why Massone is playing the current situation this way at all. It may well be brinkmanship, but I think he'd be likely to fold if the administrator holds firm. And this McGruther character looks/sounds like he doesn't suffer fools gladly, which must make it difficult for him to "negotiate" with Massone and keep a straight face. The same will probably hold when Rankine shows up for his audience tomorrow.

There's only one certainty in all this- Livingston always, always, always get away with it. I have a sneaky feeling their luck is going to continue, Massone will take the 25k and then a grubby deal will be stitched up between the Council, MacDougall and the Trust with the creditors being fucked over yet again. But if they are allowed to continue in Div One with only a token points deduction, a slap on the wrist and a finger-wagging lecture from the blazers, then it will be an absolute scandal and will seriously call into question the integrity of the SFL.

A sponsor puts money in to advertise his products/services. The fact Livi have a high profile due to almost going into admin would see them get even more coverage. How many times has the frontage of the stadium been on the TV and in the papers the last couple of weeks ? The large RDF sign has been removed from the front so they have missed out on a lot of exposure. I don't think the sponsors bother that much about where the money they pay goes as long as they get value for their money.

Are you for real? Which business in their right mind would want to be associated in any way, shape or form with this debacle. I hear BCCI, Woolworths and Spangles might be interested!!

Good grief, I've been away on holiday for a few days and this thread's gone absolutely postal!

It's good to see this reckoning finally come about, especially after someone predicted last week that this could drag on all season. Either way the rest of the league will know what on earth they're dealing with this season, its the uncertainty which has pointlessly dragged on all summer which has grated on me, thanks to the hierarchy's refusal to intervene. And before you start waving your arms about, Yoss, and demanding to know what the League should have done- well- Livingston, transparently, were insolvent fucks months ago, who couldn't afford a bus ticket to Bathgate, let alone finance an entire season in SFL Division One. So they should have been booted out at the end of the season- and allowed the fans who are motivated and want to get their hands dirty in building a new club, to prepare their new side for the EOS and try and regain the league place from there.

I've really no idea why Massone is playing the current situation this way at all. It may well be brinkmanship, but I think he'd be likely to fold if the administrator holds firm. And this McGruther character looks/sounds like he doesn't suffer fools gladly, which must make it difficult for him to "negotiate" with Massone and keep a straight face. The same will probably hold when Rankine shows up for his audience tomorrow.

There's only one certainty in all this- Livingston always, always, always get away with it. I have a sneaky feeling their luck is going to continue, Massone will take the 25k and then a grubby deal will be stitched up between the Council, MacDougall and the Trust with the creditors being fucked over yet again. But if they are allowed to continue in Div One with only a token points deduction, a slap on the wrist and a finger-wagging lecture from the blazers, then it will be an absolute scandal and will seriously call into question the integrity of the SFL.

Have I missed something?

Any organisation that gives plenty of options due to self-interest doesn't have integrity IMO.