Livingston - all the threads merged

While an appeal is under consideration I think it is ludicrous to expect teams to play,or does it just mean the appeal is a paper shuffling non-democratic exercise to kid Livi on.

apprently ged nixon told him the sfl have postponed these fixtures due to the administrator and consortium deaming it unfair on players who have not been paid to participate in game

give us an official statement please ffs

Edited by Livi 293

Further info from the Livi boards suggest that this is an SFL sanctioned postponement. The players not being paid and all that.

The statement on the Livi Website says that the consortium are closer to buying the team. If this is the case, why don't they pay the players' wages and let the fixtures go ahead as planned?

This whole escapade gets stranger and stranger...

apprently ged nixon told him the sfl have postponed these fixtures due to the administrator and consortium deaming it unfair on players who have not been paid to participate in game

give us an official statement please ffs

But the SFL said earlier today that even if Livi do appeal, the games will go ahead... and if Livi do appeal and the appeal is victorious, then the results would be annulled. Which is right and proper.

If Livi were going to have been able to fulfil a Div 1 game in 20 hours time why not a Div 3 game?

EDIT TO ADD: If Jay Silverheels is correct, why did the SFL put out a contrary statement earlier?

Edited by HibeeJibee

As far as I'm aware, this is ultimately a decision by the Interm Manager. He remains in control of the club - the consortium remain just that - they have no control yet.

Calm down a bit. It is rather complicated, Frazer Wishart was in a meeting & it was agreed that as the players had not been paid yet & the appeal being lodged that it's not fair for them to play tommorow this was said to be discussed with the SFL so no punishment will be given for them not playing as it is unclear what league they should be playing in.
Edited by Livi 293

According to LiviLions, Fraser Wishart was in on this and the SFL have agreed to the game being postponed because players haven't been paid :huh:

This is getting beyond ridiculous now...

EDIT: here's the post:

Calm down a bit. It is rather complicated, Frazer Wishart was in a meeting & it was agreed that as the players had not been paid yet & the appeal being lodged that it's not fair for them to play tommorow this was said to be discussed with the SFL so no punishment will be given for them not playing as it is unclear what league they should be playing in.

That last bit is what's making me suspicious; as far as the SFL are concerned, Livi are in Division 3 and are appealing to get back out again

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

According to LiviLions, Fraser Wishart was in on this and the SFL have agreed to the game being postponed because players haven't been paid :huh:

This is getting beyond ridiculous now...

So at 11am the game was going ahead, appeal or otherwise, according to the SFL: then with 10 minutes left before business closes for the day (including all the other clubs), this is now wrong?

I've been defending SFL strongly up to now, but this is madness. We're descending into a farce.

Edited by HibeeJibee

We're descending into a farce.

That implies things aren't already at that level...

The SFL need to make a concrete statement NOW about the fixtures. Even if it's just to reaffirm the one from this morning.

That last bit is what's making me suspicious; as far as the SFL are concerned, Livi are in Division 3 and are appealing to get back out again

Well quite. What rule-book are they working from? And what part of it changed between 11am - and 4:50pm? All 3 'provisional' games off or only East Stir v Livi? KO is in 21 hours time FFS :lol: ...

But SFL put a statement onto their site this morning saying games were on whatever happened?

Edited by HibeeJibee

So at 11am the game was going ahead, appeal or otherwise, according to the SFL: then with 10 minutes left before business closes for the day (including all the other clubs), this is now wrong?

I've been defending SFL strongly up to now, but this is madness. We're descending into a farce.

I've said before that I have no faith in the SFL to run the 3 lower divisions. They lurch from farce to farce. :angry:

They played for nothing at Albion Rovers when 'everybody' believed that Div 1 status had bee secured. Smoke and Mirrors here.

Exactly. Yet again Livingston FC have played a trumpcard on Scottish football. It's Friday 5pm, and it's apparently just been revealed that 1 (or 3?) games in the SFL are off. Utter shambles.

Although this doesn't affect my club yet (it will if it's not resolved in a month's time), I'm actually quite angry about all this.

Just fucking kick Livi out of the league and let them waste their money in the law courts.

The cheating b*****ds have got away with it for far too long now and if reports are to be believed, they're dictating to the SFL what should and shouldn't happen tomorrow.