Livingston - all the threads merged

The situation regarding the bond is a catch 22 as I certainly wouldn't put a bond up without knowing which league I was in as the sums involved are very different.

Sorry Ayrmad, but that's a red herring. If they could have put up the Bond as promised then they would have secured their 1st Division status. That was agreed at the first meeting.

It was by reneging on that promise, thereby indicating that they couldn't in fact guarantee fulfilling their SFL1 fixtures, that the demotion to SFL3 was taken - consistent with the sanction on Gretna in the same circumstances last year.

Yeah but my point was that if they hadn't fucked about over the bond, they WOULD be in Division One. It's the reason the punishment was increased.

Even if that wasn't the reason. a bond for 3rd Division football would have been a fraction of the amount.

I know it would be different but they would have to lodge a bond for 1st division b4 they'd find out if they were in 1st or 3rd,that's not a position a businessman wants to be in IMHO.

Sorry Ayrmad, but that's a red herring. If they could have put up the Bond as promised then they would have secured their 1st Division status. That was agreed at the first meeting.

It was by reneging on that promise, thereby indicating that they couldn't in fact guarantee fulfilling their SFL1 fixtures, that the demotion to SFL3 was taken - consistent with the sanction on Gretna in the same circumstances last year.

It may well be a red herring,but I'm not totally convinced and neither was the journo last night.

Those involved in both sides of this issue appear to be getting caught up in the emotion of the situation and that never makes for a happy ending,my club were on a shoogly peg last season by taking a gamble yet the man that gambled with my clubs future is in there deciding on how much of a gamble a club is allowed to take.

Edited by ayrmad

Geoff Brown defends the SFL & condemns "Livi"

By the time I get back from Belgrade I predict this thread will be pushing 500 pages and "Livi" will probably still be complaining bitterly about something or other, from the safety of bottom spot in Division 3.

I dont always agree with Geoff Brown but its good to see him defending Longmuir, who has handled a difficult situation as well as he probably could have in the circumstances, and highlighting the fact that Jim McInally is an idiot.

Right, I need help, I must put the troll poll up tonight but I'm at a loss as to who deserves to be there, as you understand there are a lot who have been whipping us of late. :rolleyes:

Definate :D

Kingfaethesooth

Duncan Freemason

vikingTON

jupe1407

AND180Y

No go due to tantrums; :(

Sir Calum

Redv

possibles; :huh:

swampy

captain sensible

yoss

skyline drifter

Ivo de ?

aloysis?? furry thing

So who do you think should be on the final list ? (although to be honest it really is just a three horse race!) ;)

Right, I need help, I must put the troll poll up tonight but I'm at a loss as to who deserves to be there, as you understand there are a lot who have been whipping us of late. :rolleyes:

Kingfaethesooth

Duncan Freemason

vikingTON

jupe1407

AND180Y

Sir Calum

Redv

swampy

captain sensible

yoss

skyline drifter

Ivo de ?

aloysis?? furry thing

So who do you think should be on the final list ? (although to be honest it really is just a three horse race!) ;)

I should probably be on it as I appear to be doing nothing to help alter your teams plight. :(

Kingfaethesooth

Duncan Freemason

vikingTON

jupe1407

AND180Y

Sir Calum

Redv

swampy

captain sensible

yoss

skyline drifter

Ivo de ?

aloysis?? furry thing

Wow i'm flattered.

Why have you called it the "Troll Poll"?

What if they say on Thursday, they can fulfil the bond and guarantee completing the fixtures?

They've missed the boat, I'm afraid. The season has started. They had their chance last week but blew it by trying to play hard ball with the SFL. The Consortium blinked first.

Suddenly agreeing to post the Bond after all would be interpreted as confirmation that the Consortium were "at it" last week.

I know it would be different but they would have to lodge a bond for 1st division b4 they'd find out if they were in 1st or 3rd,that's not a position a businessman wants to be in IMHO.

Hmmm perhaps i haven't worded it clearly.

Initial SFL meeting: Agreed to lodge bond. Told they are therefore staying in First.

Second Meeting: Cannot now guarantee fixtures via bond - therefore demoted.

This raises a few questions about the consortium IMO. Why promise to fulfil fixtures one week, then change their minds a week later? Do they have the money to see Livi through a season or not?

Also, the initial meeting was told the Business Plan was based only on First Division football. Then as if by magic a week later, they've got a plan for both divisions.

Quite frankly they're fucking at it, and i'm glad to see the SFL growing a pair.

Kingfaethesooth

Duncan Freemason

vikingTON

jupe1407

AND180Y

Sir Calum

Redv

swampy

captain sensible

yoss

skyline drifter

Ivo de ?

aloysis?? furry thing

You carry on with your daft wee poll while your club slips down the shitter.

Kingfaethesooth

Duncan Freemason

vikingTON

jupe1407

AND180Y

Sir Calum

Redv

swampy

captain sensible

yoss

skyline drifter

Ivo de ?

aloysis?? furry thing

I think you need to get a life.

Initial SFL meeting: Agreed to lodge bond. Told they are therefore staying in First.

Second Meeting: Cannot now guarantee fixtures via bond - therefore demoted.

This raises a few questions about the consortium IMO. Why promise to fulfil fixtures one week, then change their minds a week later? Do they have the money to see Livi through a season or not?

There are two possibilities:

1. The Consortium thought they could comply with the Bond requirements but, after further discussions with their bank etc., realised that they'd need to lodge 750k with the bank AND, on top of that, have the working capital necessary to meet day-to-day expenses (plus, many suppliers will want cash up front from Livi for the foreseeable future).

2. The Consortium never intended to lodge the Bond. They were buying time, hoping that their late withdrawal would leave an impotent SFL MC shafted into starting the season with Livi in Division 1 as scheduled.

Like you, I'm delighted that the SFL finally grew a pair. I don't want to see Livi (or any other club) go under, but I do want a level playing field.

McGruther has already stated that this Thurday will be the end one way or another with NO MORE appeals. I imagine as intrim manager he cannot take it further( law courts) due to the costs invovled.. The only other appeal that might take place is if Livi are relegated AND deducted points for the ES no show as this would only cost £500. They have NO MONEY and it would be irresponsible of McGruther to actually INCREASE the debt...Nah, this Thursday is the end of the line...

There is no right of appeal to a Rule 28 infringement, which is what scratching v East Stirling is.

Not going to bother with quotes for the stuff on potential court cases... but I come back again to the question of "what can a Court of Law decide". The Court can rule on whether or not SFL followed it's own rules - if they didn't, the Court can order Livi to be compensated and it all to start over again (as Livi definetely breached SFL rules by entering a form of insolvency). What a Court cannot do it sit down and make a judgement of footballing morality - no judge is going to hear a case based on "it's fair to deduct us 10 points in Div 1, but it's just unfair to demote us to Div 3".

I can't agree/disagree just giving my impression but the journo last night certainly was adamant even after probing by others that the bond was ok.

In some respects, it doesn't really matter if the sticking point was the bond or not. A lot of SFL clubs were furious that the SFL Management Committee had let Livi off so lighty... so they made an about-turn the week after. This doesn't necessarily have to be because of Livi's bond issues.

What if they say on Thursday, they can fulfil the bond and guarantee completing the fixtures?

It doesn't materially affect anything, the SFL clubs can (and I'm 99% sure they will) uphold the SFL Management Committee decision. If anything, to avoid further embarrassment and/or disruption.

If McGruther and Livi5, in their heart of hearts, actually believed they had a chance of winning the appeal, then scratching v East Stirling was a total miscalculation. They'll have lost far more votes as a result of scratching, than they would had they played the game as a "provisional" fixture...

Edited by HibeeJibee

2. The Consortium never intended to lodge the Bond. They were buying time, hoping that their late withdrawal would leave an impotent SFL MC shafted into starting the season with Livi in Division 1 as scheduled.

This is an interesting conjecture. Certainly, had SFL MC been weaker, it might have been a goer.

Also look at the whitish patch on his trousers! ;) I'm glad he is receiving some satisfaction from this thread! :lol:

I think he has an uncanny resemblence to Dominic Keane. Maybe it is just the clown suit that is pushing me that way.