Livingston - all the threads merged

Based on what?

Livi still have written off as much as Dundee have in the past :lol:

That may or may not be the case, but at least Dundee are now aware of what needs done to prevent it from happening again.

Livi (cheating scum) have been in administration twice, and are now trying to operate full-time on Third Division crowds.

That was before the debt was bought from HBOS.

Had that not happened, we would have had to rely on a benefactor to pay the interest etc. But it did, so we don't.

And who is to say that the HBOS debt won't rack up again when Melville leaves? ;)

And who is to say that the HBOS debt won't rack up again when Melville leaves? ;)

Oh I don't know. Maybe it's something to do with having no overdraft facility, fan representation on the board and people in charge of the club who actually have a clue?

Don't judge all clubs by the dubious standards of your own.

Oh I don't know. Maybe it's something to do with having no overdraft facility, fan representation on the board and people in charge of the club who actually have a clue?

Fair enough. Debt of course, is still achievable in other ways.

:lol: I'm judging your club by your club's history. Nothing to do with mine.

:lol: I'm judging your club by your club's history. Nothing to do with mine.

You seem to be making out, however, that we could again find ourselves in a perilous state. But we've been only been in administration once, and since then have kept within our means.

Your lot have been in administration twice, which is what you're implying will happen with us.

That's about as likely as Leigh Griffiths scoring less than 20 goals this season...

Ouch! That cuts like a knife. :bairn

Genuine questions, what do you feel has been the greatest benefit about having a supporter's representative on the board & are they given as much involvement in most aspects of the club or just in limited areas? If the supporter's are genuinely concerned about a club matter is this taken seriously & given due consideration by the board?

Also what percentage of shares does your supporter's trust hold in the club? (I know it has been mentioned somewhere in this thread but I can't remember where)

Sorry, I'm just curious. :P

Ouch! That cuts like a knife. :bairn

Genuine questions, what do you feel has been the greatest benefit about having a supporter's representative on the board & are they given as much involvement in most aspects of the club or just in limited areas? If the supporter's are genuinely concerned about a club matter is this taken seriously & given due consideration by the board?

Also what percentage of shares does your supporter's trust hold in the club? (I know it has been mentioned somewhere in this thread but I can't remember where)

Sorry, I'm just curious. :P

My bad. I was hungover when i posted that :lol:

Having the supporters rep on the board is important. He's not just a random token of involvement to the fans. I think D4L hold something like 26%, although i'm lying if i said it's definitely that amount.

Having the D4L rep there means that he is in a position to veto anything that D4L feel isn't in the interests of the club. It's been huge for the club IMO.

My bad. I was hungover when i posted that :lol:

Having the supporters rep on the board is important. He's not just a random token of involvement to the fans. I think D4L hold something like 26%, although i'm lying if i said it's definitely that amount.

Having the D4L rep there means that he is in a position to veto anything that D4L feel isn't in the interests of the club. It's been huge for the club IMO.

Thanks for the answer, as we are to have a rep on the board I am interested in how this works for other clubs.

Thanks for the answer, as we are to have a rep on the board I am interested in how this works for other clubs.

I guess it's different for various clubs. Our rep is backed by a decent shareholding, whereas at some other clubs, where this isn't the case, it's very possible their reps are little more than a token, powerless acknowledgement to the supporters as a whole.

I guess it's different for various clubs. Our rep is backed by a decent shareholding, whereas at some other clubs, where this isn't the case, it's very possible their reps are little more than a token, powerless acknowledgement to the supporters as a whole.

The experience at Firhill, where the fans saved the club only ten years ago, is that even as the biggest single shareholder with a rep on the board, the fans trust is seen as irrelevant and can be shouldered aside by the remaining big shareholders as they please. This happened very recently when the shareholders voted overwhelmingly to form a property company composed of three directors and two of their mates and sell half the ground to them.

I really don't think that D4L would be in a very different position if it came to the crunch.

I'm disappointed that you didn't inform us of the new (official) appointment to the board of Robert Laing (don't they build houses :lol: ) Wilson and that you have had a new company secretary appointed also in the last fortnight.

I see the Italians were also removed officially on the 11th of November.