Livingston - all the threads merged

I'll be surprised if Nixon is successful.

Yeah, I doubt there'll be an agreement to freeze the assets and in the longer term I doubt NIxon will get anything like £300K so they should survive this. If it does happen though, surely there are going to be real questions about their ability to survive after three administrations in ten years? Can they really avoid liquidation?

Why can't we just have normal people running our club, i mean if you can't trust a so called fan (who is now trying to close what is suppost to be his team) down, who can you trust.

This is just ridiculous now, what had happened to all the community owned stuff that was in the pipeline ?

It's getting to the point now where I'd rather we just jacked it in and started again from the bottom. We're never going to get owners who have the best interests of the club in mind.

If there was a fan group that was able to put together something, like they've done with Gretna 2008, I'd be more inclined to go watch them than this mess we have just now.

I don't understand how he can try to freeze the club's bank account when there's an ongoing case about the alleged money he's due, which I understand he keeps delaying. Can someone with more legal knowhow explain that?

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I don't understand how he can try to freeze the club's bank account when there's an ongoing case about the alleged money he's due, which I understand he keeps delaying. Can someone with more legal knowhow explain that?

Often - e.g. Ahmad at Rangers - it's on the grounds insufficient money might remain by the time the case concludes?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29087653

Indeed, it is - sometimes - possible to freeze assets that are in dispute pending the resolution of that dispute. It runs in my head that Pearse Flynn may have done the same thing during Massone's time while they were awaiting the outcome of his case in relation to the sale of the nightclub.

I would think he would fail, but if not ... AFC Livingston? ;) Livingston 2015 ;)

I'd rather the resources went into supporting Livingston Utd who could then work their way up the leagues now that the pyramid system is in place.

Remember that tick took banner?

you mean this one ? post-34511-14180922034583_thumb.jpg

It's guys like this who deserve the abuse that comes. It's the true fans I feel sorry for and I really hope livi don't go into admin or liquidation.

Edited by dafc_lee

There are the two standard options. Either every result is expunged from the record books, or every result for the season is given as a 3-0 win for the opposition.

It will be interesting to see what their Trust does (or can do) as they were pretty much Nixon's best pals. It may not matter as the Trust itself effectively folded during the early part of the year.

There are the two standard options. Either every result is expunged from the record books, or every result for the season is given as a 3-0 win for the opposition.

It will be interesting to see what their Trust does (or can do) as they were pretty much Nixon's best pals. It may not matter as the Trust itself effectively folded during the early part of the year.

That would explain why, when I was looking at joining the trust at the start of the season the site, the twitter account and the Facebook account all seemed to have been abandoned.

That would explain why, when I was looking at joining the trust at the start of the season the site, the twitter account and the Facebook account all seemed to have been abandoned.

It will be difficult for those involved who virtually all nailed their colours to Nixon's mast. For anyone involved in voluntary organisations like that, the hassle of being made to look like twats will be too much to take. They had their moment in the sun when the council intervened with Massone, but since then, their Trust has been a bit of a toy town organisation with neither power nor financing to do anything meaningful.