Livingston - all the threads merged

From Lions Den forum today..

11 hours ago via mobile

Quote Post Options

Post by colcal on 11 hours ago

Relegation sparks panic and recriminations. All too often, clubs rush into the mistake of sacking the managerment team and clutch desperately for new hope from elsewhere. Burnley have shown the way. Retain the manager, retain as many players as possible and look to bounce back quickly. Continuity is better than wholesale change.

We've had season after season of turnlo and change. Pre-season shambles and delayed starts. Lost opportunities in the transfer windows and new season preparations.

I'd like us to stick with the current set up, keep David Hopkin, try to hold on to as many of the squad as we can.

Let's have a coherent pre-season. Build on what we have.

Let's hold on to a manager for more than a few months.

Getting off to a new start will renew optimism and bring the fans back. A winning team is more likely this coming season and that's more likely with a club that has the courage of its convictions to keep the current team (in all aspects).

Read more: http://livifc.boards.net/thread/1186/#ixzz48o9EuCgs

Spot on...

Thank f..k somebody listens.

To many nobodies on here hiding behind a username and demanding to know everything.

Start supporting the club from day 1 and get behind people that have put money in to save your club.

If you are that concerned about things put you opinions and concerns down on paper and send them to the club

Once again the people who have put money in are trying their best with limited resources and also trying to run their own businesses at the same time.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

I'm not quite sure you got the tone of my original post... :blink:

Edited by justin time

what section do you fit into

I'm not on the board so must be a Tom or Harry, some on here would say, given your intimate knowledge of the clubs inner workings that you were most definately a Dick.

I noticed you guys have signed ex Son Alan Lithgow on a 2yr deal. He's a pretty uninspiring signing, but should do a job for you guys in League One. He's a big unit, strong in the tackle and good in the air. Not the best technically or anything, but a solid, vocal big lad to have at the back. Decent at attacking dead balls too.

2yr deal is the interesting bit, a lot of longer contracts being chucked around by clubs at the moment - Brechin brought in Ally Love on a 2yr from Albion Rovers for example. He's also not spent longer than 1 yr at any of his clubs since leaving us.

It's pretty ridiculous how the club are getting stick for letting the fans know what's going on, Livi fans just love a moan.

Have they let folks know what's going on, mibbie the fans missed that bit?

I noticed you guys have signed ex Son Alan Lithgow on a 2yr deal. He's a pretty uninspiring signing, but should do a job for you guys in League One. He's a big unit, strong in the tackle and good in the air. Not the best technically or anything, but a solid, vocal big lad to have at the back. Decent at attacking dead balls too.

2yr deal is the interesting bit, a lot of longer contracts being chucked around by clubs at the moment - Brechin brought in Ally Love on a 2yr from Albion Rovers for example. He's also not spent longer than 1 yr at any of his clubs since leaving us.

Yes, i heard he is a bit of a weirdo

Spot on...

To many nobodies on here hiding behind a username and demanding to know everything.

Start supporting the club from day 1 and get behind people that have put money in to save your club.

If you are that concerned about things put you opinions and concerns down on paper and send them to the club

Once again the people who have put money in are trying their best with limited resources and also trying to run their own businesses at the same time.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

^^^^

Verge of tears.

Thats what got him into bother  :ph34r:

If Hopkin is remaining as our manager they'll no be wanting to tell the fans until they have to, maybe hoping to sell some season tickets before it leaks out..

Surely no?

It will be like attending a funeral at Almondvale if that's the case next season :(

Spot on...

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

What a load of rubbish.

Practice what you post - You put up or shut up.

You were giving the impression recently you would be PM'ing people to tell them who you were, but YOU DIDN't. I know the user hiding behind a user name :)