Livingston - all the threads merged

20 minutes ago, champsfan said:

Alloa beating Ross co and livi can't even draw at home with ayr ... That's the difference between having a manager in charge who knows what he's doing , the new signings have not improved anything , 

What utter utter nonsense, you clearly didn't see much of us last season if you don't think we've improved anything. 

Warranted we struggled tonight but after 20 minutes I bet u where sitting there saying Livi are playing some really tidy stuff here. 

If you've seen any of the pre season games or the st Mirren or Edinburgh games you'll know we will be up there challenging this season, don't forget Ayr are in a higher league than us. 

Who gives a duck about Alloa beating Ross County. 

Probably quite a few when they're 20 points clear of us at the top of the table and we're mucking around in 7th place in the middle of April.

Hopkin has signed a bunch of rejects and pub team players. Mark my words, we'll amount to absolutely nothing this season under him.

Exactly , last year Hopkin brought in 7 and also had white , Ben Gordon and mcallam . Which was a much better squad than now , look at the st mirren game ..... Lost 3 goals at home ! Edinburgh city game ... Just playing against a junior side who will be lucky to win 5 games all season

1 hour ago, champsfan said:

Exactly , last year Hopkin brought in 7 and also had white , Ben Gordon and mcallam . Which was a much better squad than now , look at the st mirren game ..... Lost 3 goals at home ! Edinburgh city game ... Just playing against a junior side who will be lucky to win 5 games all season

Two goals we lost against St Mirren where absolute peaches, and the other a total fluke, we played fantastic against St Mirren.

As for the Edinburgh game you've got to beat what's in front of you, it's the kinda game we've struggled in in the past and we eased to victory that night.

Listen I'm not and never have been a Hopkin fan but I think it's very unfair to judge this team after losing to Ayr Utd, it was a bad night at the office, players wouldn't be playing at this level if they where consistent all the time, from the pre season friendlies and the two previous cup games there are a lot of positives to take.

The league is the most important thing, we where basically 4th seed for the league cup group and will finish 4th.

You mist be tripping to think there was any good football in the first 20 last night.
Hoofing the ball up to the giant Danny Mulllen at every opportunity, 2 holding mids sitting ten yards in front of the defence and a basic inability to pass the ball ten yards.
We will be lucky to be top half in this league with this style, these players and this manager.
Truly awful.

Think some on here need to calm down,it's only the league cup group stages ffs,they're glorified friendlies,what really counts is Saturday 6th of August and the league ko vs Stranraer. Imo,judge where we are and what we are about after several games in the league.

Surely it is in these glorified friendlies that the manager will try to impose his style of play?
It can be acceptable that the desired results will not transpire but if you have poor play, shape and style while still not achieving results, where does it go?
Hopkin has repeatedly asked for time to make his mark on the team. All bar Danny Mullen are his players yet the football is tragically poor.

On 23/07/2016 at 13:14, Moonball said:

Any of you guys know if the highlights of the playoff semi final 2nd leg will ever see the light of day? I'm told there was someone filming directly opposite the main stand. Can understand if they've been destroyed in a fit of rage, but it seems a shame nonetheless ;)

Yeah - I've got the highlights all sorted, just need to get them uploaded.  Things got a bit lost post-season, but  I can assure you they have not been destroyed :)

Thought I was going to witness an amazing comeback.....but not quite.

11 hours ago, TheLad said:

Surely it is in these glorified friendlies that the manager will try to impose his style of play?
It can be acceptable that the desired results will not transpire but if you have poor play, shape and style while still not achieving results, where does it go?
Hopkin has repeatedly asked for time to make his mark on the team. All bar Danny Mullen are his players yet the football is tragically poor.

Hopkins brought in nearly a full team in January aswell and asked for time ..... Got pumped in the play offs n relegated , now he's brought in another full team, half from airdrie who were 5th last  season , so not giving me the most of confidence , team never looks as if it's got a shape to it and the long ball/ throw in is our main attack .

55 minutes ago, champsfan said:

Hopkins brought in nearly a full team in January aswell and asked for time ..... Got pumped in the play offs n relegated , now he's brought in another full team, half from airdrie who were 5th last  season , so not giving me the most of confidence , team never looks as if it's got a shape to it and the long ball/ throw in is our main attack .

Prepared to wait and judge it on league performances. Early signs are encouraging from what I have seen, but still expecting more improvement 

I think you will be ok.  Played decent enough stuff and looked quick which is worth points on its own in l1.  Bin that #10 tho.

Edited by itzdrk

Aye but you have two decent wingers

On 26 July 2016 at 22:44, andylivi1 said:

What utter utter nonsense, you clearly didn't see much of us last season if you don't think we've improved anything. 

Warranted we struggled tonight but after 20 minutes I bet u where sitting there saying Livi are playing some really tidy stuff here. 

If you've seen any of the pre season games or the st Mirren or Edinburgh games you'll know we will be up there challenging this season, don't forget Ayr are in a higher league than us. 

Who gives a duck about Alloa beating Ross County. 

Ayr are in a higher league than us because of Hopkin and that embarrassing trouncing away to Stranraer.  We have a bigger budget than ayr and a far bigger squad, probably the biggest in this league.  Our best midfielder is sitting on the bench as Hopkin plays all martindales signings.  I'm with Daz on this one, early indications are we are in league 1 to stay. 

Going by the players we've signed (where they've come from) I doubt we've a bigger budget than Ayr. Don't think our squad is that big either, and we've filled it out with 9 youngsters just out of the youth teams.

Who do you reckon is our best midfielder, Pittman (think he was injured at the start of our pre season)? It's Cadden for me, has scored 3 goals and set a couple up in the 5 and a half games he's played for us.

I think we've a better balance to the team than last season with Mullin and Cadden on the wings, and players mostly playing where they should be. My concern is Mullen up front, he just isn't an out and out striker who can play with his back to goal, he needs to be deeper so he can get the ball and run at players, like he did to get the penalty against St Johnstone.

He'll get bullied off the ball all game up front himself. And Buchanan is playing too deep, Hopkin did the same with White last season, for some reason he's playing someone who will be our top goal scorer deep in midfield and a player who wont score as many goals as Buchanan up front as our main striker.