What Do Footballers Work As After They Finish?

What do your average Joe footballers ( anyone outside Rangers and Celtic ) work as when they finish playing?

Im pretty sure most wouldnt have enough money to retire. Does anyone know any footballers who now work?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

old firm i know, but saw peter grant in amsterdam at the weekend. so he was either working for some commentary team somewhere or heaven forbid looking for a window to advertise his services.

due to having plenty spare time when they are players, a lot of players set businesses up so that when they retire from the game, they've already got an established career in something else (assuming they don't go into management/coaching that is). for the pars, i know that Kevin Haper has a clothes shop in weedgie land and Greg shields and Andy tod have a relocation business set up for helping folk moving around the country. No doubt there'll be a few invested in the property market hoping that'll set them for the future.

George O'Boyle is a delivery driver for Simon Howie butchers in Perth....

Does he deliver the "special stuff"? :o

It used to be almost mandatory for ex-players to dabble in the pub trade. That was back in the days of when all players liked a good bevy, oh hang on… :lol:

old firm i know, but saw peter grant in amsterdam at the weekend. so he was either working for some commentary team somewhere or heaven forbid looking for a window to advertise his services.

Peter grant is a coach at west brom now pal so thats his job.

Well, people like Bobby Cox and Pat Liney are still working at Dens today although they probably don't get paid. I heard Freddie Daquin put in an application form to be a paperboy. Think he's be rubbish at that myself. <_<

Brian Grant used to own the McDonalds franchise in Forfar i'm pretty sure.

Jim Lauchlan has a Subway so would think he'll move into something like that as well as coaching when he hangs up the boots.

Barry Forbes who was a youngster with us when Bonetti was in charge works in the bank in Dundee City centre.

Duncan Shearer can be found driving the delivery van for AJG parcels in and around the Inverness/Easter Ross area.

Alex Bone works for a local construction company and can be found working on the sides of the road around the area too.

I know he is still playing but Craig Nelson is a postie in the centre of Dundee. Davie Dodds (sp?) snr owns the rendevous pub in union street in dundee

Brian Grant used to own the McDonalds franchise in Forfar i'm pretty sure.

Jim Lauchlan has a Subway so would think he'll move into something like that as well as coaching when he hangs up the boots.

Barry Forbes who was a youngster with us when Bonetti was in charge works in the bank in Dundee City centre.

Think he works in the family removal business too with his wee nyaf of a brother

Archived