Quick Question Thread

Cheers folks for replies, passport up for renewal so that's part of it - going to change it from my mum to my sister.

Ah Bobby you would have been welcome but it's Betamax rather than VHS!

I bet that's a right confidence booster for your mum. "I love you mum, but I just don't see you lasting 10 years and can't be fucked changing my NOK before the 10 years is up" :P **

** If she's unwell I sincerely apologise!

I don't understand this barrel price of oil? When it's claimed the cost is say $30 a barrel, who gets that money the oil company or the government?

Grimbo

Companies get that $30, government then adds tax on all that for raping the Crown's natural resources etc.

Companies get that $30, government then adds tax on all that for raping the Crown's natural resources etc.

Ah so the govt taxes the company then they tax the consumer (me) every time I fill up. Well the set of robbing c***s. I'm starting to understand why Starbucks don't pay any tax now?

Is coffee mined?

Grimbo

Ah so the govt taxes the company then they tax the consumer (me) every time I fill up. Well the set of robbing c***s. I'm starting to understand why Starbucks don't pay any tax now?

Is coffee mined?

Grimbo

No its from crushed fish eggs

1) the service button

2) pressing every single flat button the c***s (sorry Mumsnet sorry pal)

Grimbo

3) Cram everyone's mail into the tiniest gap at the side of the main door, tearing the mail to shreds and leaving the part sticking out open the elements. (If the postie in my first flat is anything to go by)

How do postmen (and women - hiya mumsnet, hiya pal) gain entry to communal flats etc?

Erm, walk in? :huh:

^^^ Used to live in a block of communal flats where the main door was certainly of no issue for folk requiring entry! :lol:

Erm, walk in? :huh:

^^^ Used to live in a block of communal flats where the main door was certainly of no issue for folk requiring entry! :lol:

Not quite. The main door requires a key for entry, and it doesn't have a letter box. i.e the postie is obviously getting in the main door somehow in order to deliver mail to the respective recipients' door. Must be a master key or something.

Not quite. The main door requires a key for entry, and it doesn't have a letter box. i.e the postie is obviously getting in the main door somehow in order to deliver mail to the respective recipients' door. Must be a master key or something.

Should still be a service button there somewhere that will be able to be used until 12 noon?