Quick Question Thread

At Primary School, did anyone else refer to a packed lunch as a "Packy".

It was pretty much compulsory at my school, absolutely everyone called it a "packy". Saying "Packed lunch" was just odd. Phrases such as "Are you having a school dinner? I've got a packy" or "I can't wait to eat my packy" were commonplace. Nobody saw anything wrong with this, and the possible double meaning didn't even occur to me until very recently.

It wasn't like we were hiding it, I'm very surprised that the teachers either didn't notice, or didn't bother doing anything about it.

So... just my school?

I called it a 'pack lunch'

Why is it when I open a packet of cold meat, it smells like someone has let off in it?

Cocktail sausages are the worse for this but they taste so good.

drinking a glass bottle of irn bru and as always it tastes good, but no better than the plastic versions. it always annoys me when people say the glass ones are much better, because, well, they aren't. is there any evidence to show that the glass and plastic bottles contain different ingredients?

drinking a glass bottle of irn bru and as always it tastes good, but no better than the plastic versions. it always annoys me when people say the glass ones are much better, because, well, they aren't. is there any evidence to show that the glass and plastic bottles contain different ingredients?

I thought I heard they used different water or something. Might be pish though (not the water).

it's usually said by people who deserve a slap for thinking it makes them more scottish.

I once went on a tour of the Irn-Bru factory and I can definitely remember them saying there was some difference between the plastic and glass bottled Irn-Bru.

Its well known in the food industry that packaging changes people's perception of the taste of the product. Its pretty interesting stuff---apparently if you put leaves onto the label of a tin of soup people will tell you it tastes "fresher".

Question - is there a reason for the order of usernames is on the bottom of the screen as i always seem to be 1st ?

It's last click. Whoever clicked most recently is the name that comes first, so it's rare that you'd not be the first name there.

my point is i've actually heard someone say before ''i could really go a big glass bottle of irn bru... none of that plastic shite, but the glass ones''.

I think juice tastes better from glass bottles, but they have to be just out the fridge. I think it might have something to do with galss having a higher heat capacity than plastic so the drink is colder if it comes from a glass bottle.