Quick Question Thread

See that's what I thought, but (I dunno if you've ever seen The West Wing or not) some of the takes go on for a few minutes and feature them walking non-stop with no repeats in scenery or anything like that. I've looked out for tell-tale signs but I can't see any :(

I've never seen it, no. However, sets are also built, taken down and rebuilt really quickly. A lot of walls, for instance, are wood panels with decoration and pictures and that sort of thing stuck on, like you see in stage shows, or how I imagine they would change sets in "filmed before a studio audience" programmes. I don't know if that's how they do it, rebuild the set into something new as soon as it's been left, but it's not unfeasible I suppose. That said, film sets are actually flipping huge anyway, so maybe it is possible that they've just got different rooms for each set, or all the sets built up in one huge room.

Stuck on a question at work

A current SPL player, has made over 300 appearances for that team, scoring twice and has had one international cap

Dunno what country for though

Any ideas folks?

Derek Riorden?

Kirk Broadfoot for the Midden?

Just guesses like.

Stuck on a question at work

A current SPL player, has made over 300 appearances for that team, scoring twice and has had one international cap

Dunno what country for though

Any ideas folks?

Robbie Neilson would be in with a shout there, I think. He's been with Hearts for years, is a right-back so can't have scored often and I can only remember him playing for Scotland when we lost 2-0 in the Ukraine.

Robbie Neilson would be in with a shout there, I think. He's been with Hearts for years, is a right-back so can't have scored often and I can only remember him playing for Scotland when we lost 2-0 in the Ukraine.

He moved to Leicester City in the summer- maybe the question is out of date.

He moved to Leicester City in the summer- maybe the question is out of date.

That diddy is playing the Championship? Deary me.

My other thought was Stevie Hammell, but I'm not sure if he'll have played over 300 matches for Motherwell. I seem to recall he had a spell with Southend, or someone similar.

How would you start a personal statement?

I am applying for a Forensic Science course, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

You're basically just wanking yourself off for a paragraph. "I'm good at this, brilliant at that, and I'm seriously shite hot at the other".

I'm going to hazard a guess that, due to national security, they'd not actually be allowed to film in the White House. They maybe use photos and videoes of the outside, but I would imagine anything inside is done in a film studio. Sets can be deceiving though. They could actually just be going around in circles in a smaller building, rather than walking along one long building, for example.

I think you are right. The security around the White House is phenomenal, there's no way they would allow the number of people involved in filming a TV show or film to wander around the place. Even the TV journalists who look as though they're reporting from outside the front door are actually put in a corner of the White House gardens as far away from the actual house as it is possible to get.

I think you are right. The security around the White House is phenomenal, there's no way they would allow the number of people involved in filming a TV show or film to wander around the place. Even the TV journalists who look as though they're reporting from outside the front door are actually put in a corner of the White House gardens as far away from the actual house as it is possible to get.

didnt they get special permission to film parts of the post 9/11 episode as bush was a massive fan in the white house?

didnt they get special permission to film parts of the post 9/11 episode as bush was a massive fan in the white house?

I suppose it's possible they got one-off permission, but with the level of security surrounding the place I just can't see anyone getting permission to film a tv show there on a regular basis.

I suppose it's possible they got one-off permission, but with the level of security surrounding the place I just can't see anyone getting permission to film a tv show there on a regular basis.

been googling and cannae find any info whatsoever <_<