Quick Question Thread

7 hours ago, Quentin Prankett said:

Hi QP here,

Looking for some advice. I've lost my TV remote, and the last time I had it was when I was cleaning up for my friend's visit. Usually, my wife and I place it next to the TV, so it should be there; however, perhaps absentmindedly, I left it elsewhere. The thing is, this was on Sunday, and we needed the remote to turn on the TV, so we couldn't watch anything at the moment unless we streamed on our laptops and watched it on a small screen. 

Anyway, that sets the scene because we have checked the room extensively, and it is nowhere. We have looked in other rooms (admittedly not extensively, but still more than a surface scan). No remote. The longer it goes and the more places I check, the more I start to think....has my friend taken my remote? He's a good guy normally, but he gets jealous and seems quite envious of my new microwave, and I'm worried he's seen the remote and nicked it to be petty.

What do I do? Do I confront him? Text him? It's so embarrassing, and if he didn't take it, I've accused him, and he will take it unkindly. However, where is my remote? I don't have it.

What should I do?

Become a motivational speaker telling people how your life was all about watching TV until one day your remote disappeared and you couldn't even switch the thing on and initially it got you down but then you realised that it was a sign that you need to do more with your life like take up a new sport, learn to play a musical instrument, maybe learn a new language, read more books and just do more things every day.

Alternatively just go out and buy a new one.

On 16/05/2024 at 19:03, Quentin Prankett said:

Hi QP here,

Looking for some advice. I've lost my TV remote, and the last time I had it was when I was cleaning up for my friend's visit. Usually, my wife and I place it next to the TV, so it should be there; however, perhaps absentmindedly, I left it elsewhere. The thing is, this was on Sunday, and we needed the remote to turn on the TV, so we couldn't watch anything at the moment unless we streamed on our laptops and watched it on a small screen. 

Anyway, that sets the scene because we have checked the room extensively, and it is nowhere. We have looked in other rooms (admittedly not extensively, but still more than a surface scan). No remote. The longer it goes and the more places I check, the more I start to think....has my friend taken my remote? He's a good guy normally, but he gets jealous and seems quite envious of my new microwave, and I'm worried he's seen the remote and nicked it to be petty.

What do I do? Do I confront him? Text him? It's so embarrassing, and if he didn't take it, I've accused him, and he will take it unkindly. However, where is my remote? I don't have it.

What should I do?

Go to his house, kill him and his family. The forensics team will find it.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Where did the sex education thread go?

Maybe some folk of certain backgrounds don't like such distasteful and embarrassing topics being  discussed? Somebody might inadvertently use the word "boaby".

4 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Maybe some folk of certain backgrounds don't like such distasteful and embarrassing topics being  discussed? Somebody might inadvertently use the word "boaby".

Div has been leaned on by Wee Free Kate Forbes as discussion of sex might lead to discussion of dancing

11 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

IMG_0173.jpeg

What's your point, throbber? That post seems to be bothering you for some reason.

I got a couple of messages about your thread being taken down yesterday, one of which said that you'd been accused of something pretty terrible (and, I presume, untrue) and the thread disappeared soon afterwards, so I'm guessing that might be why you/a mod took it down? If it wasn't you and you're genuinely confused, you could tag one of them in to explain it to you.

On 16/05/2024 at 17:03, Quentin Prankett said:

Hi QP here,

What should I do?

It's still at the local A&E unit, isn't it.

3asAWu7hycnuRK5WsunJ3kJz4RgBhAVYVplAvWdrtgs2.jpg.2cd0e481cb45cc596e2aab352a9a6e7c.jpg

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

What's your point, throbber? That post seems to be bothering you for some reason.

I got a couple of messages about your thread being taken down yesterday, one of which said that you'd been accused of something pretty terrible (and, I presume, untrue) and the thread disappeared soon afterwards, so I'm guessing that might be why you/a mod took it down? If it wasn't you and you're genuinely confused, you could tag one of them in to explain it to you.

I didn’t take the thread down I was loving the content. The post didn’t bother me in the slightest I found it hilarious, in the good old days on here it would have been one of the best posts of the year.

Just now, throbber said:

I didn’t take the thread down I was loving the content. The post didn’t bother me in the slightest I found it hilarious, in the good old days on here it would have been one of the best posts of the year.

The thread's still there - it's just been hidden from view. You should tag in some of the mods to get them to bring it back; I'm slightly curious to see what was said myself.

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Div has been leaned on by Wee Free Kate Forbes as discussion of sex might lead to discussion of dancing

Nae posting on a Sunday. 

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The thread's still there - it's just been hidden from view. You should tag in some of the mods to get them to bring it back; I'm slightly curious to see what was said myself.

I don’t see why it was taken down but I certainly enjoyed your content and there isn’t enough of it on the forum. Coming out and saying kids don’t get molested because of their looks.😂

1 minute ago, Swarley said:

Hidden threads? What sorcery is this? As a Platinum member I demand the ability to view this. 

It's a feature of modern databases - deleted data isn't actually deleted, it's just marked for deletion and hidden. It can then be deleted at a later date.

Just a failsafe in case some eejit runs DROP ALL and is shocked that the website has suddenly stopped working.