Quick Question Thread

I read your post and was so pleased. I changed the store and here it doesn't open till 12 :(

I've Scottish cup today and lost my shinnies.

Ach, bloody name changes - I thought he was in Glasgow :rolleyes:

That'll teach me to pay more attention. Sorry :D

my point is i've actually heard someone say before ''i could really go a big glass bottle of irn bru... none of that plastic shite, but the glass ones''.

cringe-tastic.

Very wise words, there.

Two questions: when chewing chewing gum, what one's correct - are you chewing chewing gum or eating chewing gum (:wacko:)? Never quite sure tbh. And that brings my second question.

People that have/had braces: when can you start chewing/eating chewing gum and be sure that your braces won't break? I've had mine's since April (near 7 months ago) but I'm still scared that if I chew it it'll break them.

Very wise words, there.

Two questions: when chewing chewing gum, what one's correct - are you chewing chewing gum or eating chewing gum ( :wacko: )? Never quite sure tbh. And that brings my second question.

People that have/had braces: when can you start chewing/eating chewing gum and be sure that your braces won't break? I've had mine's since April (near 7 months ago) but I'm still scared that if I chew it it'll break them.

When i had braces, i almost always chewed gum and i had no problems with them breaking or anything.

Is the Irn-Bru question not related to the water used, rather than the actual ingredients?

Water from one place tastes different from water in another, and if there are separate bottling plants for glass and plastic Irn-Bru, in different areas, I imagine that's where you get the difference.

This man speaks the truth.

There is a noticeable difference between glass bottles and plastic bottles of Irn-Bru, it's down to the different waters used in the bottling.

IT TASTES THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really doesn't.

The glass stuff is made in Cumbernauld, the plastic stuff is made in Mansfield.

There's different water used when it's made. Scotland has softer water than the Mansfield area. That and there's less of a chemical transfer from glass than there is from plastic.

They taste different, and the glass stuff keeps its fizz longer too.

It really doesn't.

The glass stuff is made in Cumbernauld, the plastic stuff is made in Mansfield.

There's different water used when it's made. Scotland has softer water than the Mansfield area. That and there's less of a chemical transfer from glass than there is from plastic.

They taste different, and the glass stuff keeps its fizz longer too.

What about cans?

If I have an appointment at an office in North Charlotte street in Edinburgh, and I am travelling through by train, am I better to get off at Haymarket or Waverley, or is there not a lot in it?

I'd get off at Haymarket---if you include the extra five minutes on the train to waverley then it'll be slightly quicker, and you can avoid Princes St.

If I have an appointment at an office in North Charlotte street in Edinburgh, and I am travelling through by train, am I better to get off at Haymarket or Waverley, or is there not a lot in it?

Haymarket will be closer and it is slightly easier to negotiate the tram work debris.Also you are out of Haymarket station in 1 min.

I'd get off at Haymarket---if you include the extra five minutes on the train to waverley then it'll be slightly quicker, and you can avoid Princes St.
Haymarket will be closer and it is slightly easier to negotiate the tram work debris.Also you are out of Haymarket station in 1 min.

Good stuff. The only issue I have is that I've never got off at Haymarket before, so I'm not sure of what direction to take, whereas I know the way from Waverley. Google Maps to the rescue then.

Good stuff. The only issue I have is that I've never got off at Haymarket before, so I'm not sure of what direction to take, whereas I know the way from Waverley. Google Maps to the rescue then.

You can really only come out of the station the 1 way.Across the road is the Haymarket bar,painted black on the corner.Just walk down the left side of the pub,you will see all the way to the West End and Princess st.

You are looking for West Maitland St and Shandwick Place. The street you want is on the far side of Charlotte Square.