Quick Question Thread

Does anyone know any companies taking on electricians?

One of my bestest buds passed his trade test today, but was let go straight away because they couldn't afford to keep him on now that the government weren't paying for most of his wages.

Thats a bit shite, better no happen to me :(

Just say it's legal tender and they'll accept it I think.

I think their policy on accepting or not accepting Scottish money isn't going to be waived on the basis of me telling them it's legal tender (which I'm sure it's actually not anyway)

I think their policy on accepting or not accepting Scottish money isn't going to be waived on the basis of me telling them it's legal tender (which I'm sure it's actually not anyway)

I never had a problem when I was in Wales (8 or so years back). And no, Scottish money is not legal tender. Only bank of England notes are legal tender, and even then, not in Scotland. There is no legal tender in Scotland.

I never had a problem when I was in Wales (8 or so years back). And no, Scottish money is not legal tender. Only bank of England notes are legal tender, and even then, not in Scotland. There is no legal tender in Scotland.

Tell that to Adam Wee.

When some MP's or that down in London are on telly they seem to always wear a poppy with a leaf on it. In Scotland, all it seems people just have the poppy with no leaf. Just thought there might have been a reason for this.

The poppies are made by separate organisations in Scotland and England. The English one makes poppies with a leaf, the Scottish one doesn't.

Because it can be.

What about Israel? It's in the Middle-East and Europe apparently.

Israel is only in Europe (for things like the WC qualifiers) because a qualification match between, say, Israel and Iran might get a bit tasty.

What's the script with using Scottish notes in Wales? Do they generally accept them or will they kick up a bit of a fuss?

Never had any problems in Wales. The only place I've had them refused is in a bakery in Enfield, North London.

The poppies are made by separate organisations in Scotland and England. The English one makes poppies with a leaf, the Scottish one doesn't.

The Scottish poppy also have a four petel design, while the English has a two petal design.

It because the poppy appeal and the Scottish Poppy appeal are two different charities.. albeit for the same cause

How to you get a picture into your sig ? ive been trying for ages and i cant seem to get an 'URL' for the image.

Cheers.

Upload it to Imageshack and copy and paste the URL between IMG tags.