Quick Question Thread

How many posters have announced the loss of their virginity on P&B? I was just thinking that VirginTON is constantly mocked, but that's not really going to stop unless he announces one day "BTW, pumped someb'dy"

I can remember wee_bairn, who posted something like "Threw away ma v-plates!" in about 2004, and also hardcore Navy-Lad and former Rab-the-Bruce enthusiast Akritoi once posted something along the lines of "Had a great weekend, let's just say it involved me... a girl... and a bed."

Possibly DB62 did a similar thing recently, I'm not sure.

So, anyone else? Or would you rather discuss how creepy it is that I can remember posts word for word from years ago?

Vampires - what's the appeal?

I'm not especially bothered that this is the latest thing, and although it's a wee bit grating that absolutely fucking everything now has a fucking vampire in it, that's not the thing that's really bothering me. What I want to know is... why vampires?

They kill people. And not to save other people, or anything courageous or cool like a ninja, they just drink folks blood. They're essentially serial killers. Mass murderers who don't give a f**k about anyone but themselves, as is their nature. I just feel that, if you're going to pick a mythical being to be your "thing", it'd be much better to fall in love with a scarecrow or a robot or an elf or something. Something a bit... less killy.

I can't help feeling that if every single film that was out in the last 6 months was about snowmen instead of vampires, the world would be a nicer place.

They kill people. And not to save other people, or anything courageous or cool like a ninja, they just drink folks blood. They're essentially serial killers. Mass murderers who don't give a f**k about anyone but themselves, as is their nature. I just feel that, if you're going to pick a mythical being to be your "thing", it'd be much better to fall in love with a scarecrow or a robot or an elf or something. Something a bit... less killy.

But that could all change if they only met the right woman.

Do you mean 10pm? If so, I don't think so.

Nope. and now not before ten am...what the fek is goin on.Is the war still on?

I meant after 10am (eg anytime between 10am and 10pm). I couldn't find anything online to confirm it but I finally did. Cheers anyway.

Very easy for both, you'll get it for free in Glenrothes (there's council offices nearby, see) but it'll cost in Kirkcaldy.

Cheers, I don't mind paying because I can claim it on my expenses so it'll just be where ever is closest to where I'm going. 

EDIT- it's Kevin Gallagher, isn't it?

Yeah. He's not the only one that does it, but i hate the way he says "about".

I cant put it into words how he says it differently from most people, but there's an advert just now with a Scottish schoolgirl who says it the exact same way.

Yeah. He's not the only one that does it, but i hate the way he says "about".

I cant put it into words how he says it differently from most people, but there's an advert just now with a Scottish schoolgirl who says it the exact same way.

Yeah, I was doing to mention that too, except with the word "down".

Sterling vs Euro tourist rate ---- see that Euro Zone Spain, Portugal, etc are in the doldrums financially right now. What I don't get is why the Sterling Euro rate has hardly altered ---- Any takers on why this is ? Thinking about when to book my hols for best rate etc ;)

Because we're financially fecked as well so the money's going mainly to the US dollar at the moment, the pound has fallen about 12 cents against the dollar over the last three months while the Euro has fallen about 10% against the dollar over the same time.

The GBP/EUR rate probably won't move very much over the next few months because the markets are waiting to see who forms our new Government and to see what they will do (and how quickly) to reduce our budget deficit.

Yeah Fudge is right there.

Yesterday when I was sitting on the throne, I was looking about for something to read (no magazines or anything in our bog). I picked up the tube of Colgate that was sitting on the sink. It had down the side -

Strengthens

Teeth

Freshens

Breath

If you take out the first four letters of each word it is STFB, which could be Stand The f**k Back. Are Colgate sending me secret messages?

I read on the side of my Colgate toothpaste 'we don't make toothpaste for anyone else', so imagine my anger and rage when I went to my mates house and saw that he too had a tube of Colgate.

(stolen from a Viz letter once - couldn't resist :ph34r:)

I'm certain that there was a Thunderbirds introduction that "sang" the countdown instead of saying it.

So instead of FIVE *doom* FOUR *doom* THREE *DOOM* TWO *doom* ONE *blastoff* it kind of went:

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIVE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ONE. FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE!

But I can't for the life of me find it on youtube. Anyone able to help, or did I imagine this alternative introduction.

You know those scarves that Pepe Reina and Carlos Tevez wear - what are they called and where can I get one?

I tried JJB in Stirling yesterday, but they didn't have them.

Ive always thought of them as a snood. I got a Trespass one from 'The Mountain Warehouse'. Motorcycle shops also sell something similar. Ive not seen one in a sports shop.

I'm certain that there was a Thunderbirds introduction that "sang" the countdown instead of saying it.

So instead of FIVE *doom* FOUR *doom* THREE *DOOM* TWO *doom* ONE *blastoff* it kind of went:

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIVE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ONE. FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE!

But I can't for the life of me find it on youtube. Anyone able to help, or did I imagine this alternative introduction.