Quick Question Thread

Can someone tell me if The Pinnacle (previously Heron House) on Bothwell Street & corner of Douglas St is in an okay enough bit of Glasgow? It's been a while since I've been around that bit of the city.

Edited by Breaking Decency

Can someone tell me if The Pinnacle (previously Heron House) on Bothwell Street & corner of Douglas St is in an okay enough bit of Glasgow? It's been a while since I've been around that bit of the city.

Girlfriend is staying in there just now. Quite a good bit of glasgow actually no noise as the only people about are the financial people during the day but still easy access to everything. Security all night in the building too. Only problem is flats tend to be small and with it being a new build the walls are thin and there can be alot of noise transfer.

Girlfriend is staying in there just now. Quite a good bit of glasgow actually no noise as the only people about are the financial people during the day but still easy access to everything. Security all night in the building too. Only problem is flats tend to be small and with it being a new build the walls are thin and there can be alot of noise transfer.

Thanks! The rents seem to be quite reasonable for the smaller apartments, more so than some of the others I've seen around that area. Size isn't really an issue, the last place I lived in was a 2 bedroom that was only 30m2 :lol:

I'll check them out when I'm over next week.

What's the name of the former Nigeria coach who didn't believe in tactics and just named 11 men and told them to do what they wanted?

(and no, it's not Berti Vogts I'm thinking of :rolleyes: )

troussier???

What's the name of the former Nigeria coach who didn't believe in tactics and just named 11 men and told them to do what they wanted?

(and no, it's not Berti Vogts I'm thinking of :rolleyes: )

How did that end up working out?

Nah, it wasn't him.

I've just had a look at their manager history and non of them ring a bell, it would have been one of the four Nigerians between 2001 and 2007.

guy in bold never lasted long my money would be on him

Team managers of Nigeria and the dates they took over.

Date appointed Manager name

2010– Sweden Lars Lagerbäck

2008–2010 Nigeria Shaibu Amodu

2008 Nigeria James Peters

2007–2008 Germany Berti Vogts

2005–2007 Nigeria Augustine Eguavoen

2002–2005 Nigeria Christian Chukwu

2002 Nigeria Adegboyega Onigbinde

2001–2002 Nigeria Shaibu Amodu

1999–2001 Netherlands Johannes Bonfrere

1999–1999 Netherlands Thijs Libregts

1998–1998 Serbia Mexico Bora Milutinović

1997–1998 Nigeria Monday Sinclar

1997–1998 France Philippe Troussier

1996–1997 Nigeria Shaibu Amodu

1995–1996 Netherlands Johannes Bonfere

1994–1995 Nigeria Shaibu Amodu

1989–1994 Netherlands Clemens Westerhof

1987–1989 Nigeria Paul Hamilton

1988–1989 Germany Manfred Hoener

1985 Nigeria Patrick Ekeji

1984–1986 Nigeria Chris Udemezue

1983–1984 Nigeria Adegboyega Onigbinde

1981 Germany Gottlieb Goller

1979–1982 Brazil Otto Gloria

1970–1971 & 1974 Germany Heinz Marotze

1974–1978 Yugoslavia Jelisavčić 'Tiki' Tihomir

1972–1973

1963–1964 Brazil George Penna

1969–1970 Nigeria Peter 'Eto' Amaechina

1965–1968 Hungary Joseph Ember

1964–1965 Nigeria Daniel Anyiam

1961–1963 Hungary George Vardar

1960–1961 Israel Moshe Beth-Halevi

1956–1960 England Les Courtier

1954–1956 Nigeria Daniel Anyiam

1949 England John Finch

When you win money like on the lottery or in a bet, why is it not liable for income tax? Or is another type of tax levied on it that I've never paid?

prizes are tax free.

up until about 15 years ago you had to pay tax on bets in the bookies, you either paid it with the stake or the payout ie. you can choose not to pay the tax on the stake but if you win they take far more out your winnings.

Its been a few years since I required a prescription from the docs but the first sneezing fit of the summer hit me today and i'm sick of over the counter anti-histimenes (sp?) as they're shite so i'm gonna get the heavier stuff on prescription that I used to take.

I was however, under-18 last time I used it and am now working and 23, how much do I have to pay and is it just a capped amount regardless of what your getting? I'll be getting pills, nose spray and eye drops.

Its been a few years since I required a prescription from the docs but the first sneezing fit of the summer hit me today and i'm sick of over the counter anti-histimenes (sp?) as they're shite so i'm gonna get the heavier stuff on prescription that I used to take.

I was however, under-18 last time I used it and am now working and 23, how much do I have to pay and is it just a capped amount regardless of what your getting? I'll be getting pills, nose spray and eye drops.

Three quid per item according to this