Quick Question Thread

A quick question, what is the "area patter" all about? You see all sorts of posts which will have a short line of text, followed by an initial and a name, something like:

"Shot at dawn, K. Smith".

What does it all mean, I don't get it at all? :(

A quick question, what is the "area patter" all about? You see all sorts of posts which will have a short line of text, followed by an initial and a name, something like:

"Shot at dawn, K. Smith".

What does it all mean, I don't get it at all? :(

Stirling Area Not A Clue - X.Lichtie

Stirling Area Not A Clue - X.Lichtie

Ok, so its a description of someone's status, followed by their name...what is funny about it though??? Is it a weegie thing? I feel so old and out of touch, I'm such a hip kid normally too. :(

Ok, so its a description of someone's status, followed by their name...what is funny about it though??? Is it a weegie thing? I feel so old and out of touch, I'm such a hip kid normally too. :(

That wan, aye

It all began with the Glasgow Area Fives thread and spiralled out of control from there.

Absolutely nothing. The 'patter' is dreadful.

Are Perthshirebell and Kris Boyd the same person? The tit for tat nonsense between the two of them makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

What's there difference between Season and Series in relation to a TV program?

"oh that's House Season 4"

"oh that's House Series 4"

what one is correct? or are they both correct?

What's there difference between Season and Series in relation to a TV program?

"oh that's House Season 4"

"oh that's House Series 4"

what one is correct? or are they both correct?

"Season" tends to be the American expression, whereas "series" would have been used more often here, until of course "season" started becoming more popular.

I prefer "series", but tend to find myself saying "season" a bit more often now.

LAWBREAKERS: Attending Falkirk Sheriff Court as a defender? Be sure to impress the judge and jury by wearing your very best Rangers top. Further praise can be earned by alternating between home and away strips for trials lasting more than one day.

On the contrary. We looked very smart when successfully defending the Falkirk Two at the Sheriff Court...

post-1053-12784999850187_thumb.jpg

...who were exonerated from the heinous crime of causing a grazed heid by means of a lobbed toilet roll. laugh.gif

On the contrary. We looked very smart when successfully defending the Falkirk Two at the Sheriff Court...

post-1053-12784999850187_thumb.jpg

...who were exonerated from the heinous crime of causing a grazed heid by means of a lobbed toilet roll. laugh.gif

Thugs.

Sheriff courts are generally nice buildings mostly build in the late 18th and early 19th centuries, although some are not fit for purpose in the 21st century. Falkirk sheriff court is quite a nice building. What spoils the aesthetic niceness of these courts are the scum who hang around the front door, absolute wastes of space, generally junked up or pished up scum who are in court for the millionth time.

Thugs.

No, that was the two "stewards" at East Stirlingshire who invited us into the car park for a fight and assaulted several of our support without cause.

post-1053-12785028544226_thumb.jpg

Fatty in the brown coat and ringleader fatty in the black leather coat, who had also been dipping into the gate monies at East Stirlinghsire and Ochilview. As the defence solicitor said, when they failed to appear for the prosecution twice, it was surprising as they were frequent attendees at the Court and knew their way there perfectly well!laugh.gif

No, that was the two "stewards" at East Stirlingshire who invited us into the car park for a fight and assaulted several of our support without cause.

post-1053-12785028544226_thumb.jpg

Fatty in the brown coat and ringleader fatty in the black leather coat, who had also been dipping into the gate monies at East Stirlinghsire and Ochilview. As the defence solicitor said, when they failed to appear for the prosecution twice, it was surprising as they were frequent attendees at the Court and knew their way there perfectly well!laugh.gif

I know him and he is a knob.

and the temperature of the water.

No one is going to try and freeze hot water if thet want it done as quick as possible, so it's prttey safe to assume he'd be using water from the cold water tap.

Ice cubes from a average size ice cub mould take about 2-3 hrs to freeze it that's why you were asking.

I thought I got caught speeding recently but haven't had any letters or notices of fines and it's been almost a week.

How long do they normally take to tell you if you were speeding?