Quick Question Thread

I'm sure theres somebody in the Gig Tickets thread in the Bargain Basement section who is selling Saturday/Sunday tickets without Camping for face value mate...drop them a PM.

Edited by Mik

If you travel first class on the train to London from Glasgow do you get free booze, the websites aren't clear, East Coast seems to be saying you get sod all apart from a hot drink and a paper, Virgin is even less clear, it appears you get free booze and food Mon-Fri but no booze at the weekends. Basically there is a lot of the word 'complimentary' and hunners of stipulations.

So if my mate and I go down on Friday afternoon and back on Monday morning can we get absolutely sloshed on an endless supply of free ale in first class? I'm not that fussed, we'll be equally as happy with a carry out and a sandwich from Greggs in standard if needs must.

Scarlet Mist only sell tickets up to face value, so no touting b*****ds.

Cheers LM, are there any others anyone knows of? I'd prefer a camping ideally, if I don't get one I'll take the Sat/Sun ticket.

has anyone ever gotten their money back after being ripped off on something from Ebay? Currently have raised a dispute on PayPal and Ebay and im waiting to see how it pans out. Anyone had any experience of this and know if there's a good chance ill get my money back?

Sorry no.Never use them as I feel you just cant get a good enough shave,but happy to be informed otherwise as I HATE fecking shaving

I've been using one for a few years and am starting to feel inclined to agree with you. Ok for bum fluff but if you've got any stubborn stubble it's shite.

Sorry no.Never use them as I feel you just cant get a good enough shave,but happy to be informed otherwise as I HATE fecking shaving

I know what you mean, but if I try wet shaving my face ends up with more blood on it than a slaughterhouse, so I am better off with an electric one. I can't stand shaving either and would happily never do it again.

If you travel first class on the train to London from Glasgow do you get free booze, the websites aren't clear, East Coast seems to be saying you get sod all apart from a hot drink and a paper, Virgin is even less clear, it appears you get free booze and food Mon-Fri but no booze at the weekends. Basically there is a lot of the word 'complimentary' and hunners of stipulations.

So if my mate and I go down on Friday afternoon and back on Monday morning can we get absolutely sloshed on an endless supply of free ale in first class? I'm not that fussed, we'll be equally as happy with a carry out and a sandwich from Greggs in standard if needs must.

I've only travelled first class Glasgow - London once, would have been with GNER at that time. We got free scran and tea / coffee, and they took our carryout and put it in a fridge (somewhere), but alas no free booze.

As you say, might be different with Virgin.

As I have been posting/viewing on p&b on my iPod touch most of my time here does it mean I have accumulated a red/green dot surplus or is it a use it or lose it daily scenario?

You get 1 red dot and 2 green ones every 24hours. Whether you use themm or not is up to you, you dont build up a surplus that you can use whenever.

Thats the way i see it anyway.

You get 1 red dot and 2 green ones every 24hours. Whether you use themm or not is up to you, you dont build up a surplus that you can use whenever.

I thought it was one of each for Gold members and two each for Platinum members (each day)?

:huh:

I think we get three greens every 24 hours boss. Platinums are 5 if i'm not mistaken?