Quick Question Thread

There's a song that gets played at clubs just now with the lyrics

"taking it back to the old school"

then plays a graduly older then older dance song.

Who's it by?

Anyone know this?

I have something to settle here. Basically, tell me if the sentence below makes sense.

'I knew he would think it silly, but I was relieved.'

My girlfriend and my mate are disagreeing with me. They claim it makes no sense.

Of course it makes sense. It's perhaps a little old-fashioned in the phrasing of "would think it silly", but it's a perfectly good, well constructed sentence.

I reckon it does make sense. To know for sure, you would need to know the context, but I think, in most contexts, that would make fine grammatical sense.

You need to be careful of the grammatical sense bit. Colourless green ideas sleep furiously. A linguistically-famous example of a sentence in English which is grammatically perfect yet makes absolutely no sense.

This

What a fucking dreadful track.

Trying to watch an episode of CSI: New York I missed online. Surf the channel has 'problems' when I click CSI:New York.

Where else is good to watch it?

Try http://tvshack.net/tv/CSI__NY/

Doesn't look like there are any episodes recently added. If it is there click the episode you require, the links will appear on the left hand side. I prefer the megavideo links (despite only being able to watch 72 mins at a time), although the other links genrally work fine too.

Does anyone know who I get in touch with if I have a problem relating to double yellow lines on a road? Is it the DVLA, local council or just my local police station?

Edited by Gaz