Quick Question Thread

lyviv in the ukraine,fly to southern poland and get the train or hire a taxi

in fact most of the ukraine

Lviv looks brilliant, as does the area around the Dnister. Kyiv isn't far away either.

Very cheap too (£1 for a pint the dearest anywhere) and accomidation shouldn't be too rash either.

edited to add; the exchange rate is around 11/12 grv to the pound. Most of Ukraine accepts dollars too.

Edited by Milevskiy

Are there any places in Eastern Europe that are easy to get to that are dirt cheap and relatively unruined by stag do's?

Just curious cause I've been to a fair few cities over that way and the beer wasn;t much cheaper than Glasgow in any of them. I take it the days of 50p for decent local brew are well behind us?

I'm hearing more and more good things about Berlin, I think I'll maybe do 3 German cities in 10 days next summer.

Brno - the second city of the Czech Republic. You can fly direct with Ryanair from Stansted, or it's a £4 bus journey from Prague. Much cheaper and friendlier, but not as pretty.

Oh also, it's a student city now which on the main hasn't been 'corrupted' by the stags.

Edited by Breaking Decency

Why are folk obsessed with paying money for flights and accommodation to get to and stay in some European city so they can get blind drunk for £20 cheaper than they can at home?

I've never really understood that myself. I like my own bed too much!

Why are folk obsessed with paying money for flights and accommodation to get to and stay in some European city so they can get blind drunk for £20 cheaper than they can at home?

So they can make an arse of themselves somewhere else :unsure:

I don't mind going somewhere different, but you are right. Nowt better than yer own bed :)

So they can make an arse of themselves somewhere else :unsure:

I don't mind going somewhere different, but you are right. Nowt better than yer own bed :)

See, I don't mind going somewhere different, but its so that I can see my friends abroad or visit a new place and do interesting stuff there. If it was just myself and my usual drinking mates, and we were just going to fly somewhere, get pished, sleep all day in a cheap hotel, eat the same shitey food (kebabs etc.) that we would do on a bender here, and then repeat for a week...then I'd just suggest Stirling.

We know the language, we know the pubs, we don't have to change currency, and best of all, I can go home to my own bed at night!

See, I don't mind going somewhere different, but its so that I can see my friends abroad or visit a new place and do interesting stuff there. If it was just myself and my usual drinking mates, and we were just going to fly somewhere, get pished, sleep all day in a cheap hotel, eat the same shitey food (kebabs etc.) that we would do on a bender here, and then repeat for a week...then I'd just suggest Stirling.

We know the language, we know the pubs, we don't have to change currency, and best of all, I can go home to my own bed at night!

I don't understand folk who get pished and sleep all day whilst on holiday,I don't drink much whilst on holiday as i want to enjoy the night.Yes i like a shandy or two :ph34r:

Yeah f**k holidays, what a stupid idea.

Yeah f**k holidays, what a stupid idea.

The point was why would people factor in or care if a pint is £1 or £2.50 if they are spending time and money flying to Europe to get pissed for a couple of days.

I've had a pint for 30p and one of the boys I met had been buying 4p bottles of beer from a beach bar in Nicaragua the week before.

The point was why would people factor in or care if a pint is £1 or £2.50 if they are spending time and money flying to Europe to get pissed for a couple of days.

I've had a pint for 30p and one of the boys I met had been buying 4p bottles of beer from a beach bar in Nicaragua the week before.

Aye fair enough you have a point. If I was trying to decide where to go on holiday (which I am) how pricey the booze is would be something I might think about considering I'm quite short on cash and realistically if me and some friends go out somewhere for a few days lots of bevvy will be bought. I'm not going to think "right it's £1.50 a pint here and £2 a pint there, I'll pick the first place" though.

What xbl seems to be saying is that he wouldn't want to have a bit of a bender on holiday because it would be cheaper and more practical to do so at home, which I'm not sure about. Sometimes even if all you're going to do is get pished a change of scene and an escape from everyday Scottish life is quite nice.

What xbl seems to be saying is that he wouldn't want to have a bit of a bender on holiday because it would be cheaper and more practical to do so at home, which I'm not sure about. Sometimes even if all you're going to do is get pished a change of scene and an escape from everyday Scottish life is quite nice.

Yeah, to be fair, I misinterpreted Fudge's point somewhat, so I was saying something different to him!

Yeah, to be fair, I misinterpreted Fudge's point somewhat, so I was saying something different to him!

It's alright you've convinced me, I'm bringing everyone out to Stirling for 5 days my 21st. If it doesn't live up to the billing of being one of the best party towns in Europe it's personally your fault.

It's alright you've convinced me, I'm bringing everyone out to Stirling for 5 days my 21st. If it doesn't live up to the billing of being one of the best party towns in Europe it's personally your fault.

:lol:

It only applies if you live here!

If they don't know your age and assume you're over 18 they're not going to ask you to leave...

Ha, I must look older than what I am then.

Yes it is illegal,My son was in with me earlier this year and was asked for ID(He was 17).I told them he was not betting but was asked to leave.

Yeah, this is what my sister's boyfriend was saying. Just thought it was weird that I've never been asked to do so, even though I've been in the bookies with him as young as 14. Oh well, cheers.

It wasn't a case of asking my mum. I told her that we were thinking about Riga then my idiot brother started blethering about how it's perhaps a bit dangerous. My mum wasn't saying I couldn't go (if my mum told me where I couldn't go for my 21st I'd smack her in the chops), but she was just doing some over the top worrying.

OK Cheers for that. Berlin does sound the best place tbh but I assume it's also the most expensive.

Cheers. I'm reading good things about Krakow, thought the bevvy was meant to be cheap though, shame. It's funny because after reading what a shithole Riga is and how unfriendly Latvians are I read that there are a few dodgy establishments in Krakow but they're usually ran by Latvians. Either there's a big anti-Latvian internet conspiracy or they are just a big bunch of c***s.

There was one incident when I went that was unpleasant. We got one of them guys on bikes to take us to a 'night club' and he dropped us off at some bar where there were about 30 Polish skinheads shouting shit at us outside it. We went back to the guy on the bike and he just walked away from the bike as the group got rowdier. Legged it and hid round some market before meeting back up at the hostel later. Luckily nobody was hurt.

Elf! I live about 10 minutes walk from there. That's the seedy ghetto part of the city, underage male prostitutes and gypsy methhead heaven. Cheap as anything round there though and that hostel's pretty popular. Just a shame it's in that area.

It's not that expensive at all. The accommodation is very very reasonably priced, cheaper than here infact. Also, the beers may be a tad more on average but you'll find that the nicer places there will be cheaper than their equivalents in Prague. Also, the people are friendly are won't try to rip you off or overcharge you.

Plus the women are fucking brilliant.

I liked the street Elf was on. There was this bar across the road from it where the owner looked like a meaner version of Vin Diesel. And 5 minutes up the hill was my favourite bar we visited where there was a roulette table in the back room and they paid out for it. Poor woman had to give me about £400 after one night. She looked mortified.

Just cause you have to pay for two seats on the plane.

A friend was telling me about a show on BBC last week, about these swedish girls, who went on the run, or something, getting hit by lorries and shit laugh.gif i cant remember the name of it, but it was something like Terror on the highway? Was just wondering if anyone had seen it? And if they had what they thought of it and hopefully its on iplayer.

Thanks.