Quick Question Thread

Ive tried there website but im pretty sure that the guidelines on their site only apply to england and wales.

Surely if a newspaper journalist can get a hold of a mugshot then this should be no different to any member of the public attempting to obtain a mugshot.

I went over my ankle really badly tonight playing football. My ankle is swollen to f**k, although since I got back the swelling has gone down. Nothing is broke. will I be able to walk in an ok sort of manner for Saturday?

When did it become illegal to drink in public in Glasgow and Edinburgh? I think it was about 2002 in Glasgow but a bit later in Edinburgh.

Pretty sure it's still legal in a few places in Scotland as it is down to local bye laws. Basically, if they haven't written a rule saying don't drink in X, Y or Z place; it's legal.

Song help - recent pop song, girl singer, end of verse/chorus has a wee 'woooah-uh-uh-uh, woooah-uh-uh-uh' in it. What is it?

Never mind, got it. It's Katy Perry.

Edited by Paco

Did anyone here work for/know of a courier company Falcon Despatch in the mid to late '80s? They ran bikes and vans. Originally based in Park Circus and then moved to Borron Street in Glasgow. Also had an office in the Cowgate in Edinburgh. Ran by a group consisting of Davie Paterson, Henry Pullar, Carol Henderson, Andy Cowie and Stuart Duff, although I think the latter got the elbow after a disagreement with the rest.

Brilliant job, on a bike all day and they actually paid you for it (ok not a lot but hey ho).

I left the UK in 1989 and forgot to come back for 15 years and now I cannot find any trace of Falcon Despatch. Can anyone on P & B give any information? Thanks in advance.

Hello! I've just arrived in your country on holiday and would like to ask some questions;

Does it always rain?

Can I drink the tap water?

Is everything you eat deep fried in batter?

Why are all the men not wearing kilts?

What language do you locals speak? It sure ain't English.

Anyone know if the bar Europa at Glasgow Queen Street has shut down or what is going on? Walked past it last night about 7pm on my way to the pub and all the tables and chairs outside were gone and the door was shut that has a sign on it but I didn't have time to go and read it.

Edited by staggy4life

Anyone know if the bar Europa at Glasgow Queen Street has shut down or what is going on? Walked past it last night about 7pm on my way to the pub and all the tables and chairs outside were gone and the door was shut that has a sign on it but I didn't have time to go and read it.

It was open for business on Thursday, can't see it being shut down.

Why is "riding shotgun" known as that?

Because the passenger seat is where all the navigation and orders are given from. It is the front passenger who has to read the maps, the front passenger who has to calm (for example) unruly children, and so they take a command and multi-purpose role with a lot of pressure, as they are really in the hotseat. This is where the expression comes from, because a shotgun barrel gets very hot after use (its all the gunpower and kinetic energy), and sitting on it would hurt, so "riding shotgun" is just another way of saying "in the hotseat".

I think.

i'm watching the hills have eyes 2 on film four (after watching the first one last night) and every time it gets to one of the jumpy or important bits there's a heavy bass line that starts.

is this part of any song? 'cause it sounds as though it could be pretty good.

Ebay wink.gif

Cheers.

Another question for PnB, when I go to log on to my laptop it comes up with a message saying my product key has expired, it asks me to retype it and when I do it says there's been an error. f**k knows what's going on, it says on the bottom right of the screen "this copy of windows is not genuine", don't know if that's important or not.

How the fook do I get back on my laptop, I'd appreciate if anyone had any advice on this.