Quick Question Thread

I'm not sure where to ask this question (not sure if it should be asked here on in the E-chat part of the forum), but here will do I guess.

My flat-mate has asked me if the university can see what he is doing on his laptop if he is connected to the internet service provided by the uni (I think he is connected through an ethernet cable to that telephone plug bit). I told him I don't know but I could try and find out. Any ideas. I believe he said something about him always using "In Private browsing" or what ever it is called.

I use Google Chrome so I don't know what he was talking about. More to the point I'm slightly concerned as to why he is worried about the uni finding what websites he has been on :lol:

Uh huh, right, your "flatmate"...

Anyone got any good ways to revise?I'm getting a few tests as school in the coming weeks, and can never just sit there and revise.

I know the feeling, I myself sucked at revising. I'd say try and take a bit in each day, do a question and if you have problems ask the next day. Take breaks when you need to, give yourself something to look forward to afterwards. Avoid distractions when revising if possible, and play some music if it helps.

Everyone has different suggestions. I study well with a film or TV programme on in the background. It has to be something I've seen loads of times though so I don't need to pay much attention to it.

Uh huh, right, your "flatmate"...

:lol:

I expected that. I can't get onto my e-mail through the uni internet service (a bit bizarre really but apparently it's going to be getting sorted in the next day or so) so I seriously doubt I could get on any more sinister sites :lol: I'm not going to try anyway.

Edit: I can't even give you a green dot :(

Edited by yoda

I need to go out and buy food. So should I buy a steak pie to eat for my lunch or should I buy the basic ingredients for a sandwich? I'm swaying towards the steak pie.

Are you a woman? No. Get the steak pie.

Are my eyes decieving me or has that thread about public transport ettique just vanished?

It's gone. The powers that be probably realised that having a thread that could be summed up in the line 'behave like a decent human being' was pointless.