Quick Question Thread

Sublimation is quite a slow process. A rise in temperarure will melt snow most effctively. When the temp is above 0 degrees C and the top layer of snow starts to melt, the water percolates downwards. When it does so the underlying snow tries to refreeze the water through latent heat and has to raise it's own temp as result, speeding up the melting process.

1g of water dropped onto snow will cause 30g of snow to raise its temperature by 1 degrees c (normally nough to melt it)

What with your avatar and your general attitude to life I sometimes forget that you are quite an intelligent chap.

Looking to buy a decent bottle of whisky for a mate in brazil,it needs to be a whisky that is only sold in scotland and is good to taste

any ideas as to what to buy???

Highland Park or any of the Glenmorangies, but don't know whether these are sold abroad. Maybe if you get a 15 yor 18 year old bottle of either, if possible.

I booked a hotel room for a gig last Thursday night which was non refundable and non cancellable. They didn't take any money from me at the time of booking (only my card details) as they said that I would pay for the room when I was checking out. Ended up the gig was cancelled and I didn't use the room.

I have left the money in my account as I was expecting it to come out last Friday but they still haven't taken it. Will they do so? Do they mean it's only non refundable if they take the money at the time of booking? I need the money for Xmas presents but don't wanna spend it just incase they try and take it after I've spent it, leaving me in deep doo-doo.

I booked a hotel room for a gig last Thursday night which was non refundable and non cancellable. They didn't take any money from me at the time of booking (only my card details) as they said that I would pay for the room when I was checking out. Ended up the gig was cancelled and I didn't use the room.

I have left the money in my account as I was expecting it to come out last Friday but they still haven't taken it. Will they do so? Do they mean it's only non refundable if they take the money at the time of booking? I need the money for Xmas presents but don't wanna spend it just incase they try and take it after I've spent it, leaving me in deep doo-doo.

If they havenae taken it by now i dont think they will take it at all,usually hotels etc take it straight away

Can anyone recommend places for full colour printing and binding of dissertations in the Glasgow area? Prices would also be handy

There is/was a place on Byres rd, up the top, just by Morrisons, Somerfield whatever it is now. I forget the name, it wasn't that expensive.

It was a kind of mail etc sort of place. Mailbox maybe? Sorry it's been a few years!

Wallis whiskey.. found in most supermarkets? Fairly cheap?

thanks,im going to go through to embra next week,if the weather allows,and im going to go into the whisky shop at the princess mall and ask in there.just looking for an unusal one that he wont have heard or seen anything off

thanks,im going to go through to embra next week,if the weather allows,and im going to go into the whisky shop at the princess mall and ask in there.just looking for an unusal one that he wont have heard or seen anything off

Gf's dad (from Norfolk) wanting a bottle for Xmas. God knows how he came across that.