Quick Question Thread

See when players go to different clubs on transfer deadline day, presumably (for example) Torres is expected to train with Chelsea today, but his home will be near Liverpool. Do clubs own a few properties around their areas for players to live in until they sort out permanent accommodation?

I think Premiership clubs pay for a hotel and help the player with the moving and selling the property.

I think Premiership clubs pay for a hotel and help the player with the moving and selling the property.

I'd imagine this is more likely what happens.

Among less affluent Clubs (in Scotland e.g.) I'd imagine players find an individual short-term solution (possibly kipping with other players) while they try to sell their house/find new rented accommodation for their families.

Among less affluent Clubs (in Scotland e.g.) I'd imagine players find an individual short-term solution (possibly kipping with other players) while they try to sell their house/find new rented accommodation for their families.

I don't know how much truth is in this, but apparently Roy MacGregor has a number of houses in Inverness/Dingwall and rents them out (at a very low rate) to players who sign for Ross County.

Went in to upgrade my phone contract today and the guy told me that because I was upgrading early, I would need to pay £29 a month instead of £20. Can anyone explain why that would ever make sense? He certainly couldn't. Obviously I wasn't daft enough to accept that anyway.

See when players go to different clubs on transfer deadline day, presumably (for example) Torres is expected to train with Chelsea today, but his home will be near Liverpool. Do clubs own a few properties around their areas for players to live in until they sort out permanent accommodation?

Dear Mr Torres

Have just paid £50,000,000 to get you join us.

Hope you are happy we are paying you £110,000 per week.

We've booked you into the Premierinn round the corner at £29/per night (as recommended by Lenny Henry) for the next couple of weeks. Hope this helps with the discomfort of the multi-million signing on fee and earning more in week than most earn in a year.

Yours Sincerely

Roman

Normal clubs may get individual agreements but big deals is a couple of months in a hotel suite till sorted.

Went in to upgrade my phone contract today and the guy told me that because I was upgrading early, I would need to pay £29 a month instead of £20. Can anyone explain why that would ever make sense? He certainly couldn't. Obviously I wasn't daft enough to accept that anyway.

Similar thing happened to me when I went into the shop. I would have had to wait another couple of weeks to reduce the cost. Phoned then up direct and there was no increase in cost.

I'm looking for the thread about coffee machines that was on here a while back - not The coffee thread though. I can't remember who started it or what it was called. Anyone remember?

Or I need a new coffee machine but I don't want an all singing/dancing one. The one I had was a thermal one which kept the coffee piping hot however the replacement is crap. Anyone recommend a machine that keeps the coffee really really hot.

Robbie wants tae ken wye maist of the population are glaikit diddies and why only a wee percentage o' fowk are relatively intelligent. Why nae the ither wye roond?

Shite alias. I hope Mr Shepherd finds you and inserts his accordion lengthways where it hurts.

Possibly to cover the outstanding amount on the contract due to the early upgrade?

I hope you told him to shove it up his arse.

It was only a month before it ended though, and I was going for a more expensive package anyway. But aye, I did.

Similar thing happened to me when I went into the shop. I would have had to wait another couple of weeks to reduce the cost. Phoned then up direct and there was no increase in cost.

I'm just going to wait and find a better deal with a different network.