Quick Question Thread

Guest The Phoenix

What football boots would people recommend? I'm needing a new pair for playing on astroturf. Something not too expensive preferably.

post-7951-0-21655000-1303070100_thumb.jp

What football boots would people recommend? I'm needing a new pair for playing on astroturf. Something not too expensive preferably.

Don't rely on peoples opinion, it's all about personal choice. I swear by my pumas, but others I know think they are too narrow. Also I don't really like Nike, I think they are too flimsy, but yet again all my mates wear them. So it's up to you, just don't be a p***k and buy flashy yellow boots, stick to black or White and you won't go wrong. ;)

I was awoken this morning from my beauty sleep by the sound of drums and flutes coming from the High Street. This has happened on several occasions since the start of 2011. Is it a practice Orange March? Or are the Glasgow branches of the Hearts and Dundee supporters clubs having a Sunday get together?

Has anyone here travelled on the Caledonian Sleeper in a berth? How does the numbering work?

I'm trying to book it for me and my fiancee for the summer, and I've ticked for a shared berth. What it has given me is berth 23L and 24U on the way there, and 07L and 08U on the way back. I suspect that these are in the same cabin, but I'd quite like to know before I book it.

Guest The Phoenix

Never mind - I managed to find a site which confirmed that they were in the same cabin.

I'm sure you've worked it out but "L" is for lower and "U" is for upper.

Suspect you'll want to be "U". ;)

Many, many years ago British Rail "allowed" the situation where complete strangers could travel in the same sleeping compartment. I can still remember travelling overnight to London, as a young lad, to visit relatives and lying awake all night listening to some old fecker snoring his head off. Scary times!

Many, many years ago British Rail "allowed" the situation where complete strangers could travel in the same sleeping compartment. I can still remember travelling overnight to London, as a young lad, to visit relatives and lying awake all night listening to some old fecker snoring his head off. Scary times!

I knew that L was lower and U was upper, but I wasn't sure whether there was a 23U as well as a 23L, and we were actually in adjacent rooms.

I'll probably manage to fall out of the bed if I'm in "U".

You can still travel with strangers if you want to save money I think. If I was travelling alone, I think I would have had to have paid more money to get a cabin to my self.

Ah the good old age of steam.