Quick Question Thread

Guest The Phoenix

And I bet they all ran on time too.

TBH, I don't think anyone really cared or noticed in those days.

Life was so much less stressful when I was young. :D

What's the script with 'bots' that kick about forums? See them sometimes just browsing threads - surely some bigwig from Facebook isn't trawling through Clyde threads

Pretty sure you can hook your facebook up to pie and bovril when you sign up so it might come up as the facebook bot when you browse the thread.

Does anyone know why the snooker player Mark Williams is known as Mark J Williams. I could understand it if there was a second Mark Williams in the top 128 or something but there isnt. Any ideas?

Just a Welsh thing because they only have three surnames Jones, Williams and Jones :P

Does anyone know why the snooker player Mark Williams is known as Mark J Williams. I could understand it if there was a second Mark Williams in the top 128 or something but there isnt. Any ideas?

I watch a lot of snooker and I've heard him been to referred to that very seldom. More than ever this year to be fair.

Thats actually a good call, it may be because there is another Mark Willianms in his family so it is just habit that everyone calls him Mark J.

Used to see it a lot with their rugby players ie jpr Williams

I watch a lot of snooker and I've heard him been to referred to that very seldom. More than ever this year to be fair.

It has been used more and more over the past few seasons. This is the list of High Breaks on the World Snooker website.

Century Breaks

DatePlayerBreakOpponentRound16 AprMARK J WILLIAMS137RYAN DAYROUND 117 AprSTEPHEN HENDRY133JOE PERRYROUND 117 AprDING JUNHUI128JAMIE BURNETTROUND 116 AprNEIL ROBERTSON127JUDD TRUMPROUND 116 AprJUDD TRUMP122NEIL ROBERTSONROUND 117 AprDING JUNHUI117JAMIE BURNETTROUND 117 AprSTEPHEN HENDRY117JOE PERRYROUND 118 AprRONNIE O'SULLIVAN113DOMINIC DALEROUND 116 AprSHAUN MURPHY100MARCUS CAMPBELLROUND 116 AprNEIL ROBERTSON100JUDD TRUMPROUND 1

I'm going out on a limb here but I suspect it's because his middle name is James.

Smartarse, my question is why he is the only player with his middle initial displayed.

It has been used more and more over the past few seasons. This is the list of High Breaks on the World Snooker website.

Century Breaks

DatePlayerBreakOpponentRound16 AprMARK J WILLIAMS137RYAN DAYROUND 117 AprSTEPHEN HENDRY133JOE PERRYROUND 117 AprDING JUNHUI128JAMIE BURNETTROUND 116 AprNEIL ROBERTSON127JUDD TRUMPROUND 116 AprJUDD TRUMP122NEIL ROBERTSONROUND 117 AprDING JUNHUI117JAMIE BURNETTROUND 117 AprSTEPHEN HENDRY117JOE PERRYROUND 118 AprRONNIE O'SULLIVAN113DOMINIC DALEROUND 116 AprSHAUN MURPHY100MARCUS CAMPBELLROUND 116 AprNEIL ROBERTSON100JUDD TRUMPROUND 1

Smartarse, my question is why he is the only player with his middle initial displayed.

He has presumably asked in an Andy/Andrew Cole type scenario.

Two questions:

1. Has anyone got one of those 'Power Balance' bands? Got given one today. Are they just a 'gimmick'?

2. What is the best website for cheap but decent golf stuff. Balls, shoes etc.

In answer to No.2, I got quite a few decent-ish clubs from Sports Direct at Fort Kinnaird. I think they were mostly Slazenger, so not top of the range stuff but good enough for a beginner like me. JJB Sports are okay as well. They've both got shoes, balls and other accessories too. I presume you'd be able to get these off either of the websites too.

I'm sure I remember hearing a story about there being another professional snooker player called Mark Williams who played at a minor level of some sort, and one day he got a cheque through for something like £80k which should have been for the more famous Mark Williams.