Quick Question Thread

What are the best websites to find a cheap holiday? I've searched one or two but they are throwing up £300-£400 for a week in a shitty hotel in Tenerife.

Is that the goig rate these days or will there be better deals? Its mid August (13th) i'd be looking at.

If you held off and went a week or two later I'd guess it would be markedly cheaper as the schools will probably be back by then.

What are the best websites to find a cheap holiday? I've searched one or two but they are throwing up £300-£400 for a week in a shitty hotel in Tenerife.

Is that the goig rate these days or will there be better deals? Its mid August (13th) i'd be looking at.

I found Tenerife expensive this year. I always depends on how flexible you are with dates. I've always found Barrhead Travel to be good - T'internet teletext holidays - if you want to gamble on no ash clouds.

I am sure you'll get Greece cheap! - I ended up a fortnight in Turkey S/C for just over £300.

This close, www.teletextholidays.co.uk is normally one of the cheapest, that or www.icelolly.co.uk (I've never booked with them though)

If you have RBS Royalties or the like, they too offer an online search with discounts and benefits.

If you held off and went a week or two later I'd guess it would be markedly cheaper as the schools will probably be back by then.

The English schools won't though.

Thanks guys. Couple of mates can only manage that week so i'm stuck with that one. Just had a look on the teletext one and they look to be around £280 for the cheapest which I guess isn't so bad. Just want a shit hole to sleep in for a good week on the booze.

Are there still any electrical shops in Glasgow City Centre, I need to have a swatch round one this afternon for TVs and laptops, where are they?

There's a Staples and PC World in Finniston, right next to each other. There's another wee computer shop across from it but I'm not sure they'll have a great deal of stock.

I found Tenerife expensive this year. I always depends on how flexible you are with dates. I've always found Barrhead Travel to be good - T'internet teletext holidays - if you want to gamble on no ash clouds.

I am sure you'll get Greece cheap! - I ended up a fortnight in Turkey S/C for just over £300.

Ta. Barrhead can do the Friday night at £270 so that's not too shabby.

I woke up with dry blood on my left hand this morning. There's no physical cuts or that that I could of sustained whilst asleep, so how the f**k did that happened?!

Slight nosebleed that you've wiped away whilst sleeping?

There's a Staples and PC World in Finniston, right next to each other. There's another wee computer shop across from it but I'm not sure they'll have a great deal of stock.

Finniston isn't the city feckin centre my pedigree chum.

Comet, Dixons and all that used to have shops in the centre of town but haven't most of these places gone bust? Need to know if there is still anything like those places?

Comet, Dixons and all that used to have shops in the centre of town but haven't most of these places gone bust? Need to know if there is still anything like those places?

It's goalside of Sauchiehall Street virtually :huh:

It's goalside of Sauchiehall Street virtually :huh:

Your arse. PC World is not in the centre of fucking Glasgow. Fact.

I'm sitting in an office in Finnieston right now. I'm a 5 minute walk from the city centre and also a 5 minute walk from Staples and PC World. There's very little distance involved, it won't take much time to walk to PC World, even less time if you take a car/bus.

If it's all random, is there any less chance those numbers will come up again than another random selection? I'd imagine not but if a statistician were to enlighten me, that would be great.

The chance remains the same as any other combination.

If your lucky dip came out with 10, 12, 15, 32, 41, 48 this week, then the following week the odds of that combination would be the exact same as the odds of any other given combination.

That's assuming that the lucky dip machine is just a random number generator.